Welcome to Microsoft Pri0: That's Microspeak for top priority, and that's the news and observations you'll find here from Seattle Times reporter Sharon Chan.
March 19, 2009 11:40 AM
Posted by Benjamin J. Romano
This seems like a no-brainer for local small businesses in this economy. The Greater Seattle Chamber of Commerce enlisted Microsoft, DEX, BizXchange, FASTSIGNS Seattle and Queen Anne Upholstery to donate a makeover to a Washington small business.
You must be a small biz or organization (fewer than 10 people) with at least three computers, two years in business under your belt and the appropriate city and state business licenses. Chamber membership is not required. You have until 5 p.m., April 24 to enter. Rules and entry info here. (Update, 10 a.m. Friday: Fixed broken link.)
It's a selling opportunity for Microsoft partners, who will offer a free technology assessment to applicants. The winner, selected by a Chamber-organized community panel, gets:
- Software overhaul by Microsoft valued at $5,000
- One year advertising on Dex.com and Seattle Metro Directory provided by DEX
- $5,000 in BizX dollars courtesy of BizXchange
- Signage provided by FASTSIGNS Seattle valued at up to $4,000
- $500 gift certificate to Queen Anne Upholstery
The chamber is still accepting donations.