Welcome to Microsoft Pri0: That's Microspeak for top priority, and that's the news and observations you'll find here from Seattle Times reporter Sharon Chan.
December 12, 2008 2:38 PM
Posted by Benjamin J. Romano
What do hard-core PC gamers have under the hood? Bellevue game maker Valve collects lots of data to answer that question through Steam, the game company's online PC games distribution platform, which boasts 15 million+ accounts globally. Today, the company relaunched a public results report from the Steam Hardware Survey and the top operating system is Windows XP 32 bit, which was running 68.7 percent of the computers surveyed in November.
Windows Vista 32 bit is the second most popular OS, with 23.2 percent of the machines surveyed (and growing at a rate of 0.98 percent, while XP 32 bit is contracting 1.28 percent).
Here's the rest of the list:
- Windows Vista 64 bit: 6.82 percent
- Windows 2003 64 bit: 0.76 percent
- Windows 2000: 0.27 percent
- XP 64 bit: 0.21 percent
- Other: 0.07 percent
The survey includes lots of other interesting data about the computers of some of the most demanding PC users, including:
- RAM -- 56 percent of machines in the survey had 2 gigs of memory or more
- Processors -- Intel is beating AMD with about 64 percent of the survey
- Multi-core adoption -- 10.4 percent had four CPUs; 49 percent had two
Furniture & home furnishings
Antique tables - 1 claw footed and 1 bell f...
Bibles - Family heirloom. Stolen from stora...
Bothell (WA) Moving Boxes Seattle Moving Ki...
POST A FREE LISTING