Seahawks

Seahawks Blog

Danny O'Neil covers the Seahawks for The Seattle Times.

E-mail Danny| Seahawks forum| RSS feeds Subscribe | Blog Home

July 27, 2008 4:56 PM

7.27.2008 P.M. update -- Hasselbeck back at practice

Posted by Danny O'Neil

Anyone holding their breath can exhale. Matt Hasselbeck is fine. He was on the field with a little extra wrapping on his left ankle, but otherwise he was fine. There was no apparent effect on any drills.

The Seahawks practiced in the afternoon without pads. Chris Gray was not on the field, while Chris Spencer, Ray Willis, Walter Jones, Marcus Tubbs and Deion Branch came out to watch practice after their rehab work.

Posted by Devadander Abercrombie

6:00 PM, Jul 27, 2008

DannyO,

Whats with the local media being all abuzz about the Sea Hawks? Kinda odd for a franchise withy such a pathetic history?

Did something change?

Posted by Ziasudra

6:20 PM, Jul 27, 2008

D A - don't know who you are, the the local secret here is the Hawks are notonly going to the SB, this time the refs won't be "from Pittsburg."

Posted by Devadander Abercrombie

6:46 PM, Jul 27, 2008

I'm a third generation Seattleite wondering what the Sea Hawks have done warrant front page coverage in my daily?

Atleast my sonics has some noteworthy tradition.

Why not attribute some resources towards covering the many other worthy stories - local angle for Olympics, Tour, Soccer, Tennis etc?

The local sports scene grows more tiresome by the minute.

Posted by DannyJ

7:42 PM, Jul 27, 2008

Very glad to hear that Matt is OK.... however, my first thought when I heard this morning that he might be injured was, Brett Favre. A final season for Holmgren and Favre in Seattle would be awesome. I think we would have a better chance with #8, but it was fun to daydream for a few hours.

Posted by Rai9derim

7:56 PM, Jul 27, 2008

Who is Hasselback?

Posted by duce duce

9:17 PM, Jul 27, 2008

What the hell is going on here? People don't know why the Hawks are getting all this attention? Did someone really ask you Hasselbeck is? Must be a raider fan. They are as dumb as their team is horrible at playing football.

D.A. - Have you been in a coma for the last 5 years? This IS Seahawk country. The Sonics are gone. The M's are useless. No one gives a damn about the olympics, the tour, golf or tennis. Those events are about as gay as your name. I sure hope you are gay with a name like that. Otherwise I really feel bad for you. I am not going to waste anymore time trying to explain to you why the Seahawks are getting attention. You obviously don't get it.

Posted by Devadander

10:23 PM, Jul 27, 2008

Whats with the insults? I thought we were a world class city? I still don't get why Sea Hawks bear anything beyond passing mention? And wjhat does being gay have to do with anything? Lots of gays in Seattle. Did you just move here? Are you a bigot or something?

Are you suggest that the Sea Hawks have anything beyond a thoroughly meager tradition?

Posted by Leschi

10:25 PM, Jul 27, 2008

Soccer>>>Tennis>>>Basket Weaving>>>Curling>>>Squawks

Posted by justinputt

11:00 PM, Jul 27, 2008

DA-

There are only 3 NFL teams that have made the playoffs the last 5 years straight...Patriots, Colts and The Seahawks.....what's not to love about that?

We are a stronger team this year...maybe ever....that's what the "buzz" is all about.

Posted by Keith

11:11 PM, Jul 27, 2008

This is a Seahawks Blog...

It's a good thing Matt isn't hurt. I can't take Seneca to open the season.

Go Hawks, keep the NFC winning!

Posted by CowRoon

11:40 PM, Jul 27, 2008

justinputt,

The Sea Hawks can make playoffs 100 straight years. Don't mean doodly without the big cigar. I would much rather have the Steelers last three 3 years.

Posted by I don't get it

4:11 AM, Jul 28, 2008

WTF is the big deal with "tradition" anyway?

Posted by nature

6:44 AM, Jul 28, 2008

Wow... the trolls decided to descend on this blog. Spit the hook out.

Posted by duce duce

8:23 AM, Jul 28, 2008

Your right Devadander. I shouldn't have used the word gay. I should have used the word lame. Those events are lame.

But, seriously....you don't know why the local media is buzzing about the Seahawks? Let me help you out with it then. We have won our division 4 years in a row. Been to the playoffs 5 years in a row. We went to a superbowl in 05. We still have a very good team. Holmgren is in his last year. We have the best and craziest fans in America. And this is the start of the season and I don't know about everyone else, but I am itching to get this thing going. This is going to be an exciting year.

I hope that gives you a little bit of insight. And if you are looking for something other than Seahawk talk go some place else. You are looking in the wrong area.

Jul 28, 08 - 08:51 AM