Seahawks

Seahawks Blog

Danny O'Neil covers the Seahawks for The Seattle Times.

E-mail Danny| Seahawks forum| RSS feeds Subscribe | Blog Home

June 2, 2008 1:17 PM

Voluntary practice attendance

Posted by Danny O'Neil

The team finished the first of its voluntary practice sessions this week with some familiar faces missing.

WR Anthony Russo, S C.J. Wallace, S Mike Green, LB Will Herring, C Chris Spencer, G Rob Sims, LT Walter Jones, WR Deion Branch, WR Bobby Engram, LE Patrick Kerney, DT Rocky Bernard, DT Kevin Brown and DT Marcus Tubbs were not on the field. Wallace had an appendectomy over the weekend but it went well, the team said, and he will eventually be back.

Now those names don't include any big surprises. Green, Spencer, Jones, Kerney and Tubbs are all recovering from offseason surgery. Same for Sims, who underwent his procedure last month.

Holmgren was asked after Monday's practice if he planned on getting any of those guys back this minicamp and he asked which players specifically.

Walter Jones?

"No," Holmgren said.

How about Deion?

"No," Holmgren said.

Sims?

"No," Holmgren said.

Spencer?

"No," Holmgren said.

Tubbs?

Nope. Not him either.

"That whole list is not going to work, it sounds like," Holmgren said.

Posted by 12thmanforlife

4:32 PM, Jun 02, 2008

You know....I just want to say that when Holmgren is gone I am really going to miss his sense of humor. Maybe I am alone on this, but he cracks me up with his interviews.

Posted by C Green

8:34 AM, Jun 03, 2008

I agree with 12th man. I love Holmgren and his humor.

As to the practice, I think these guys should show up. If they are injured they can sit or work with younger players. Especially the receivers - you get a break from practice when you stop dropping catches in big games! Lastly - Russo needs to get himself to that practice. He didn't exactly dominate at UW and he needs a lot of work before he contributes to the NFL.

Jun 4, 08 - 12:40 PM
Back to Kirkland's grass

Jun 4, 08 - 10:17 AM
Russo out, Shelton in

Jun 3, 08 - 03:09 PM
Floyd Womack absent from practice field

Jun 3, 08 - 02:30 PM
Under the lights of the Dempsey Indoor

Jun 2, 08 - 01:17 PM
Voluntary practice attendance

What's in a wheel size?new
Dear Tom and Ray: I drive Lincoln Navigators. I like as good a ride as possible for this size vehicle. If I remember correctly, the one I bought in 20...