Seahawks

Seahawks Blog

Danny O'Neil covers the Seahawks for The Seattle Times.

E-mail Danny| Seahawks forum| RSS feeds Subscribe | Blog Home

February 22, 2008 11:21 AM

Crumpler has Seattle on his list

Posted by Jose Romero

Former Atlanta tight end Alge Crumpler, released by the Falcons last week, is on his way to the NFL scouting combine this weekend and could meet with several teams, including the Seahawks. So says the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
On the surface, at least, it looks like there's some mutual interest.

Posted by AZ Hawk

12:05 PM, Feb 22, 2008

I hope we get this done.

Posted by Julie

12:56 PM, Feb 22, 2008

You know, not to stir up a hornet's nest here, but wasn't Mr. Crumpler involved in the on-field homage to Michael Vick after Mr. Vick's issues?

I'm not sure that's something we need in Seattle, but that's my opinion.

Posted by HAWKTAWK

3:47 PM, Feb 22, 2008

I wouldn't mind seeing Crumpler on our team. I think he still has good years ahead of him and the way we use tight ends I would love to see his productivity on the field. I don't think he is trouble of off the field so would be a good Hawk fit.

Posted by AZHawk

4:00 PM, Feb 22, 2008

If he comes at a reasonable cost, he would be an upgrade over what we have had recently. However the draft has at least three viable TE's that we can get in the 1st or 2nd round. It will be interesting to see what develops

Posted by gseahawk

5:32 PM, Feb 22, 2008

If we get Crumpler then we can focus on getting a RB in the first round. Followed by a nice size DT for some meat upfront in the second round. Lastly, pickup another OL in the third round.

Which could have us ready to be in good position for Mike's Final Run for the Superbowl!

Posted by IslandHawkFan

8:45 PM, Feb 22, 2008

Getting Alge would be huge but we still need a starting RB and Alexander sucks. He's timid and injury prone in his older age. The hawks wont be able to get Stewart or Mendenhall so they should look toward the freeagent market. Both Michael Turner and Marion Barber would be great fits in our offense because they are strong fast and hit the hole.

Posted by JOHNE

8:48 PM, Feb 22, 2008

And does seattle have a lure that other dont? his brother Carlester ex seahawk lives here... someone get him on the horn and have him sell him!!!!

Posted by Julie

11:36 AM, Feb 23, 2008

Guys, obviously you're seeing something I'm not, but I'd like to throw this one out here: Do we need another Jerramy Stevens?

The Seahawks went to a lot of time and trouble to make the team something the front office doesn't sweat blood over. Somehow, I'm thinking that those who would make a demonstration on MNF in support of a proponent of dogfighting would not be a great fit.

Posted by shonna

11:53 AM, Feb 23, 2008

cksch

Posted by commoncent$

2:28 PM, Feb 23, 2008

whoever said Marion Barber is available in free agency is a dumba$$. Know your football. It's Jones who is available.

Posted by RichaRich

3:53 PM, Feb 23, 2008

"Please. Explain your reasoning. It's hard for me to believe that there is not another TE in the league that would work better with this team."

Julie, please explain your OWN reasoning for thinking crumpler is such a devil as to compare him with that piece of garbage Stevens, you my friend are way off base on this one.

Homage to mike vic on the field? Is that your main argument?

If loyalty to your QB of many years is a bad thing, well i hope the Hawks can get this BMF on the team.

Posted by Ed R.

9:39 PM, Feb 23, 2008

Homage to a guy who tortures and kills dogs is despicable, IMO. I didn't realize this guy was among those who did that homage to Vick thing on TV. If so, then I sure as heck don't want him.

Posted by Derwin

12:58 AM, Feb 25, 2008

Crumpler would be a good fit, but I'm not pressed for him. This draft is deep at TE. They can afford to see if Stewart or Mendenhall are there at 25 and then get there TE in the 2nd. We also need a WR real bad.

P.S. Crumpler is no Jeremy Stevens on or off the field.

Posted by Derwin

12:59 AM, Feb 25, 2008

P.S. Crumpler is no Jeremy Stevens on or off the field.

Posted by Derwin

1:00 AM, Feb 25, 2008

P.S. Crumpler is no Jeremy Stevens on or off the field.

Jun 4, 08 - 12:40 PM
Back to Kirkland's grass

Jun 4, 08 - 10:17 AM
Russo out, Shelton in

Jun 3, 08 - 03:09 PM
Floyd Womack absent from practice field

Jun 3, 08 - 02:30 PM