Seahawks

Seahawks Blog

Danny O'Neil covers the Seahawks for The Seattle Times.

E-mail Danny| Seahawks forum| RSS feeds Subscribe | Blog Home

January 21, 2008 11:28 AM

Overseas-Hawks?

Posted by Jose Romero

ESPN reported Sunday that the Seahawks are one of four teams under consideration by the NFL to play a regular-season game in the United Kingdom.

The teams are Seattle, Tampa Bay, Kansas City and New Orleans.

The NFL went to London this season when the New York Giants and Miam Dolphins played in sold-out Wembley Stadium. The Seahawks were scheduled to play in China in the 2007 exhibition season until the NFL pulled the plug on that venture several months before the date of the game.

The Seahawks have the Buccaneers on their schedule in 2008, a home game for Tampa Bay.

Posted by Everett fan

12:17 PM, Jan 21, 2008

Did anyone watch the games yesterday? I thought San Diego gave NE all they could want, in the bad weather, with a hurting QB, and an MVP out. NE may have been overconfident and coasting, but they looked beatable.
For a while in GB, I thought the refs were going to pull a SB XL for the super-QB's hance at the big exit prize. There was a holding call that is passed over 95% of the time; an offsides sack that wasn't called; and that 3rd and 8 penalty - what was that? I had the sound down, and didn't hear any explanation. The ball was tipped so any receiver or defender is fair game. (GB scored on the next play).
On Tynes' two earlier misses, I knew he was going to miss because he lined up too close to straightaway. I knew he would hook them left based on his alignment. The high snap didn't help on the 2nd one, but he would have missed it anyway. He lined up correctly on the OT winner.
I don't know what the Vegas line is, but I think NY has a real chance to pull an upset.

Posted by -k

12:28 PM, Jan 21, 2008

I'm not against the Hawks having an away game in London, but if the NFL makes us lose home field advantage for a game I'll be unhappy. I know that the other team is likely to feel the same way, but that's their problem.

Plus the Hawks always have sold-out games. If the NFL is going to move a game to a Europe, it should be a team that doesn't alway sell out. At least the league and team will make more money that way.

Posted by David

2:05 PM, Jan 21, 2008

Dear Jose,

As reported on the UK sports channel SKY sports Other details for the game include:
1. It will be an interconference match up
2. It will be in October.
3. As previously mentioned it will feature one of Seattle, Tampa, Kansas or New Orleans as the HOME team.
As A UK seahawk fan I am keen to see the 'hawks but not at the expense of a home game!
Using the above criteria, the likely opponents for the Hawks could be the Jets or Patriots, the latter was the original overseas game planned for China.
My feeling that it will be Tampa Bay hosting the raiders.
Watch this space....
Hope this is helpful.
David : a LOYAL UK HAWKS FAN

Posted by setht

2:01 AM, Jan 22, 2008

Bad idea for the Hawks heading over Seas! I think it would hurt their season by traveling so far for one game!

Posted by joe

12:16 PM, Jan 22, 2008

yes, why would they pick the farthest team away from London to play there? Isn't it more logical to pick east coast teams only (or west coast teams only, to give the same disadvantage)? The flight is twice as long from Seattle, and the time difference is much more significant. Our hawks will be playing football when thier bodies tell them they should be asleep. I know on my trips to Europe from Seattle I have been unable to function normally for at least three days. I don't know, it just seems unfair.

Jun 4, 08 - 12:40 PM
Back to Kirkland's grass

Jun 4, 08 - 10:17 AM
Russo out, Shelton in

Jun 3, 08 - 03:09 PM
Floyd Womack absent from practice field

Jun 3, 08 - 02:30 PM