Seahawks

Seahawks Blog

Danny O'Neil covers the Seahawks for The Seattle Times.

E-mail Danny| Seahawks forum| RSS feeds Subscribe | Blog Home

January 3, 2008 1:53 PM

Some fuel to the 12th Man fire

Posted by Jose Romero

Check out the allegation from Washington fullback Mike Sellers in this article from the Washington Times.

You have to deal with a funky advertisement thing but trust me, this should get the fans a little worked up.

"I think the 12th Man should get upset about that," Seahawks CB Jordan Babineaux said.

"Everyone that knows us...knows that we don't pump in anything artificial. It's all our fans," coach Mike Holmgren said. "They have learned to do that. They realize how much they help us, and so you don't have to encourage them a lot. Now I would suspect, that if they think people are accusing us of doing something like that, they might even come with a little more voice. It's a wonderful atmosphere for a home team to play in and they help us, there's no question about that."

Holmgren's Thursday comments also included a laugh about how former Seahawk Shawn Springs, now with Washington, called him "Big Show," and how Holmgren called Springs "Little Show."

"When he's not playing against me, I'm a Shawn Springs fan," Holmgren said.

Posted by Hail Skins

2:22 PM, Jan 03, 2008

The 12th man will be rendered moot after the Skins break out to a 21-0 lead in the 1st quarter.

Posted by Hail Skins

2:32 PM, Jan 03, 2008

and I'm a jerk

Posted by 12thmanforlife

2:36 PM, Jan 03, 2008

No, your a dumb ass. There is a difference.

Posted by jpp

2:49 PM, Jan 03, 2008

I understand the skin's are playing for the memory of their fallen teammate, but I really don't think this game will be a problem for the hawks. I'm excited to watch the awesome power of quest field and our dominate defense (they will show up) destroy the fragile confidence of a questionable offense.

24-7 Hawks!!!!

Posted by Ken Shultz

4:57 PM, Jan 03, 2008

For what it's worth, I think he was kidding.

I think he was saying, "Wow, that place is so loud, they must..."

I know it's hard to believe a reporter would isolate a quote like that and make it seem like it was more than it was... ...just to maybe get some attention, but believe it or not, I think that may be what happened.

I don't think I've seen anybody on a Gibbs coached team mouth off before a game, at least since Dexter Manley. ...and even he usually kept his mouth shut until the off season.

Posted by Ironman

7:27 PM, Jan 03, 2008

Allegation? I thought it was a compliment that he could not believe we could be so load!

Posted by t dawg

11:10 PM, Jan 03, 2008

I grew up with Mike here in Lacey, he is a great guy with a great sense of humor. I'm 99.9% sure he said it at least tongue in cheek. And he wasn't exactly academically focused as a student, so I'm pretty sure he never studied acoustics. ;)

By the way, random side note. He was the high school AP Washington State MVP in 1993; Behind him at the Running Back position was a guy named Corey Dillon. North Thurston beat 4th in the nation South Kitsap in the greatest high school football game I've ever seen, and Sellers had an unbelievably dominating performance.

Posted by 59isaBEAST

6:53 AM, Jan 04, 2008

renderred moot? You really are a dumbass since you must not know the Hawks rarely lose at home

Posted by t dawg

7:42 AM, Jan 04, 2008

"rendering moot." Can't believe I didn't catch that. What are you, a Rick Springfield fan?!? You want Jesse's Girl? Moot?

Next thing we know, you are gonna go Real Genius on our ass, telling us to "rue the day" we got the Skins in round 1.

Posted by Hail Skins

9:08 AM, Jan 04, 2008

I know, I know, I'm a dumbass. Sorry guys for making such a stupid remark. I know the hawks are going to blow out the redskins. I just post stupid stuff to try to escape reality.

Posted by Free Beer

9:56 AM, Jan 04, 2008

Don't pump it up at Qwest,anyone had a beer there?

Posted by SkintheSkins

1:32 PM, Jan 04, 2008

...attention whore....

Posted by LRA

12:45 AM, Jan 05, 2008

Actually, it's the Skins own fans who have accused their team of piping in noise at their stadium. Read it for yourself here:

Posted by good ol' george

9:00 AM, Jan 05, 2008

After reading Mike Sellers' comments, I'm thinking he grew up a Raiders fan in Lacey.

Posted by Since Day One

9:37 AM, Jan 05, 2008

Welcome to the 21st Century! All teams practice with noise before coming to Qwest. Noise will not be a factor. Collins will pick apart Hawks' secondary protected by a stout 'Skins' OL. Meanwhile Matt is blitzed crazy, and receivers don't help him out. 'Skins only had to prepare for pass rush and coverage as Hawks running game is non-dimensional already - thus focusing on the Hawks' passing game makes Hawks "non-dimensional." Portis may be somewhat limited by Hawks D, but he will still have more yardage than Hawks' RBs - combined. Yeah I'll be at the game and make some noise, but Washington rolls into Seattle on a mission (memories of '06 and #21) and wins against tough opponents, while Hawks have shown that winning the NFC West was their SB, and they are ready for vacation.

Posted by FREE BEER

10:27 AM, Jan 05, 2008

The forskins will be circumcise at Qwest feld today with a weed wacker!

Posted by Art Monk

11:21 AM, Jan 05, 2008

I saw Haselback on the ferry with a male Bremalo last year.

SKINS 24 GULLS 10

Jun 4, 08 - 12:40 PM
Back to Kirkland's grass

Jun 4, 08 - 10:17 AM
Russo out, Shelton in

Jun 3, 08 - 03:09 PM
Floyd Womack absent from practice field

Jun 3, 08 - 02:30 PM
Under the lights of the Dempsey Indoor

Jun 2, 08 - 01:17 PM
Voluntary practice attendance

'Nostrils' add flair and air to the faces of cars new
For years, auto designers lavished attention on the grilles of cars, both for their function and for their brand identity. Now designers seem to be lo...