Seahawks

Seahawks Blog

Danny O'Neil covers the Seahawks for The Seattle Times.

E-mail Danny| Seahawks forum| RSS feeds Subscribe | Blog Home

January 2, 2008 2:04 PM

Momentum

Posted by Danny O'Neil

A lot is going to be made of this. Washington has won four in a row, the longest winning streak of any NFC team in the playoffs while the Seahawks are coming off a loss. People are calling Washington the conference's hottest team enterng the playoffs.

Washington coach Joe Gibbs was asked about the role of momentum and its carryover from the regular season and into the playoffs.

"Each game for me, I have always tried to guess what teams are going to do and I can't," he said.

He then mentioned one away game in which he looked at his team in the locker room and worried they weren't prepared only to have the team go play great. Gibbs also mentioned Washington has been playing with no margin for error for four weeks now, having to win their into the playoffs starting with a Thursday night game against the Bears.

"We have been under the gun since the Chicago game where we had to have it or we are out," Gibbs said. "Our guys have really responded and I am hoping that carries over."

History shows no remarkable trends. San Diego won 10 consecutive games to end the regular season, but lost its first playoff game. That was to New England.

Philadelphia won five in a row to end the regular season in '06 andwon its wild-card playoff game against the Giants.

Posted by Keith C

6:51 PM, Jan 02, 2008

I realized, 41 points on Sunday was a big step for the hawks, including the running game. I was mad until now. With that kind of production, I feel confident on both sides of the ball. Our defense didn't even get any turnovers (if i am correct). That is kind of cool that we got 41 points. I don't think we have gotten 41 in a long time!

GO HAWKS!

Posted by 12thmanforlife

9:14 AM, Jan 03, 2008

Hey Keith, just so you know we scored 42 less than a month ago. So yeah, we haven't scored 41 in a long time, but I will take 42 any day over 41.

On a another note, I feel sorry for anybody in a Redskins jersey who dares to walk into Quest Field on Saturday. Its not going to be pretty.

Posted by Keith C

12:37 PM, Jan 03, 2008

Yea, I should have checked the past scores, but The Hawks seem to rarely score 40+ points. Maybe 1-3 times a season.

Jun 4, 08 - 12:40 PM
Back to Kirkland's grass

Jun 4, 08 - 10:17 AM
Russo out, Shelton in

Jun 3, 08 - 03:09 PM
Floyd Womack absent from practice field

Jun 3, 08 - 02:30 PM