August 2, 2008 4:08 PM

Same bull, different day

Posted by Geoff Baker

bison_2746.jpg

Yes, yes. I know it's not your typical bull. A bison, in fact. I'm actually up in the North Cascades for a few days. Flew home from Dallas yesterday and drove up here. Noticed that the blog had not been updated and that some of you were coming up with some rather interesting conspiracy theories (thanks for letting me out of the locked closet, Lee). So, here you go. An update thread.

The Mariners have added Jake Woods to the roster, filling the spot vacated by Arhtur Rhodes. Yes, that Woods, remember him? Just the lefty all of you were expecting, right? He's still only 26. I'll give you one thing, this team may do stuff we don't agree with. But it sure isn't predictable.

Posted by la verdad

4:30 PM, Aug 02, 2008

Photo Caption contest?

Posted by Guillenforcer

4:31 PM, Aug 02, 2008

I humbly accept my appointment to the Jose Guillen Society. I will fulfill my duties with all the hard work and dedication that is required of the job. ;)

Geoff, what are you holding there??

Posted by downonstrikes

4:33 PM, Aug 02, 2008

Ha, you were with Erica up in the woods. Knew it. Glad you added a thread, Geoff. Some posters were going a little insane not having new material to feast on today. Acting giddy. A couple even tried defending this organization. Shows how crazy it got!

Posted by Ragarm

4:37 PM, Aug 02, 2008

Wow, is he trying to milk the Mariner Moose in this photo? Censors viewed it yet?

I saw the real Jake Woods play for the Denver Bears of AAA days. He was probably one of the best I watched. Tim Raines, Bobby Richardson, Marv Thronberry, and others made triple A ball lots more fun to watch than this team of bumbling fools.

Posted by downonstrikes

5:22 PM, Aug 02, 2008

I was wondering why Dave Valle didn't want his name included on the Jose Vidro Society list?

Posted by Ms Fan in Exile

5:43 PM, Aug 02, 2008

"Look, Geoff found the source of what the M's Front Office is feeding the fans!"

Posted by The Jose Vidro Society

5:54 PM, Aug 02, 2008

Do you really think he qualifies?

Posted by RagArm

11:36 AM, Aug 03, 2008

You'd think Geoff with a horny buffalo would get more hits. I'm disappointed in those who frequent this blog. :(

Putz on the comeback trail

Game threads, Aug. 3, Mariners vs. Orioles

O's at M's: 8/2 game thread

Betancourt likely returning tomorrow; Woods called up

Same bull, different day