June 4, 2008 5:32 PM

McLaren's post-game statement (censored)

Posted by Tom Wyrwich

This is all John McLaren had to say today:

"We're playing our (bleep) off every day and got nothing to show for it. I'm tired of (bleeping) losing, I'm tired of getting my (bleep) beat, and so have those guys. We gotta change this (bleeping bleep) around and get after it. And only we can do it. The fans are (bleeped) off, and I'm (bleeped) off, and the players are (bleeped) off. And that's the way it is. There's no (bleeping) easy way out of this, can't feel sorry for ourself, we gotta (bleeping) buckle it up and get after it. I'm tired of (bleep) losing this, (bleeping) every night we bust our (bleep). It's gotta be a total team (bleeping) effort to turn this thing around, and that's it."

Posted by RallyFried

5:39 PM, Jun 04, 2008

NEW PLAN

Before leaving for Boston the Mariners should do something unprecedented. They should call the media to the airport, all the players from the big club, and from Tacoma. Line up all the players right at the gate and start calling names. If your name is called get on the plane. If your name isn't, go home and wait by the phone and the organization will let you know your fate. I'd have nearly all the regular starters stay home. You can call players out all you want, but leaving players at the gate of the airport when heading to a baseball city like Boston, where there is national media attention, is really questioning a players heart and desire.

Posted by Batter Up!!!

5:40 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Tom, Thanks! KOMO played it about 5 PM with only the f word bleeped. Hope you got it on tape. The video is classic...

Posted by PayClayBennett

5:41 PM, Jun 04, 2008

LOL - whatever Mac - keep it in the clubhouse while you still can. Geesh, how far to the gournd do they let this thing burn? Next is a lockerroom fight and someone's going to end up with a broken bone....

Silva is Washburn only a RHP....I wish I could make that kind of money and completely suck at what I do.

Posted by Chris from Bothell

5:42 PM, Jun 04, 2008

About 5 (bleeping) weeks too late, Mr. McLaren. Work smarter, not harder.

Apropos of nothing: just looked at the Mariners' home page, and saw the pics of the pitching matchup for the start of the Boston series.

Am I the only one who sees the headshots of Hernandex and Colon side-by-side, and thinks this is some sort of warning by the "Ghost of Christmas Future", if Felix starts to slide?

"No, spirit! Tell me this is just a view of what might be, not what is yet to come!"

Posted by Bill

5:44 PM, Jun 04, 2008

How come the family-friendly atmosphere the M's seem to support don't apply to the manager?

Posted by Drinking Beer and Booing

5:48 PM, Jun 04, 2008

The thing is, seriously, I do not see great efforts. Baseball is different than other sports, playing harder is not always the best way. But as the LA announcers pointed out the clubhouse is dead. the bench is dead. They truly do not look like they care even if they do.

Posted by Steffen

5:51 PM, Jun 04, 2008

In the three game series that just ended:

Vladimir Guerrero didn’t have an at-bat
Chone Figgins didn’t have an at-bat
Erick Aybar didn’t have an at-bat
John Lackey didn’t pitch
Kelvim Escobar didn’t pitch

The Angels swept the Mariners in Seattle without their All-Star #1 starter, their All-Star #2 starter, their All-Star right fielder, their starting third baseman, and their starting shortstop.

Posted by macdoubter

5:54 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Pepé Schwartz doesn't suck! With a team that only sees 2 or three pitches per at-bat, we need a batboy who can keep up with those three batters for the intense four minutes that the Mariners are up to bat each half inning. Pepé Schwartz will be the future of this organization.

Good point, scottM. Problem is they'll probably waste his talents and make him a towelboy.

Hey, crybaby McLaren could use one!

Posted by TKO

5:55 PM, Jun 04, 2008

uh.......why didn't Mac go off like this after the Det/NY roadtrip????? These Angels games have at least been close. Too little too late...and he just did it to try and save his job.

Posted by Rallyfried

5:59 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Beer and Boo,

I agree...

McLaren says they are playing their butts off. I didn't see today's game, but if last night was an example of "playing our butts off" we are in serious trouble of never winning another game! I saw more Bad pitching, sleepy defense, and horrible discipline at the plate. McLaren showed fire today, but should be fired because he fails to get it. The players must be confused. The GM is is blaming them, but their manager says they are playing their butts off??? Which one is it???

Posted by Rod

6:01 PM, Jun 04, 2008

McLaren just bought himself more time. There's no way the ownership would fire him in the near future after this tirade. It'd make the organization look even softer and more pathetic than it already is. John McLaren will be the manager for the rest of this season. We're about to see a whole lot of changes to this roster though. Richie, ya'd better hit now or this is your last road trip as an M. Same with you Vidro. Washburn, you're almost gone too.

Posted by Kevin OKeefe

6:01 PM, Jun 04, 2008

If you worked at place that was sinking so poorly in morale and performance and nothing major was changed immediately, how would you feel? You would begin to think a low standard was acceptable or that ownership/senior management did not care.

If Bavasi and McLaren were fired tomorrow that says someone appreciates their efforts to day, but that something must be changed. Someone can fill these offices until we get the permanent people. If need be, Howard Lincoln or Chuck Armstrong can serve as general manager till the end of the season.

I am a huge baseball fan but until someone shows they care enough about the Mariners to make some big changes at the top, I am not not going to spend my family's hard earned money by going to Safeco.

Posted by edgarfan

6:03 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Steffen- care to attribute that stolen post?

Posted by macdoubter

6:04 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Who was McLaren's target audience for this rant? Sounds like it's mostly for his bosses.

Posted by Z4EC

6:05 PM, Jun 04, 2008

On the brighter side, both McLaren and especially Bavasi will be gone during or after this season. So will Sexson.

Posted by r0ryAK

6:07 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Yeah that post by Steffen was straight up cut and pasted from USS Mariner. Good work.

Posted by ballsoffire

6:10 PM, Jun 04, 2008

-Steffen
I do believe I may have seen that post somewhere? Perhaps you as well visit ussmariner.com

Posted by bleep, and so on and so forth

6:11 PM, Jun 04, 2008

So, since we'll have McLaren all year, and all he is able to do is throw a tirade, it'll be interesting to see what he comes up with to say on the occasion of the team's 100th loss. I'm sure he'll still be there, and probably Sexson and Vidrow, too. What will he be able to find more imaginative to say the rest of the year after each series sweep? Yawn. Why isn't Bavasi out in front of everybody saying similar things. If all he has to do to look like he really cares whether they win or lose is toss a few bleeps around, that's easy. But what is he actually doing about it? If the best he can do is cry and swear, it's going to be a long, horrible nightmare the rest of the year, and however many more years McLaren is here.

Posted by scottM

6:12 PM, Jun 04, 2008

That's right MacDoubter. Pepé Schwartz will help this team take care of their bats. That's offensive thinking. It would be REALLY offensive to have a team that's thrown in the towel expecting their number one pick, to pick up their soggy, stinking mess.

Posted by Drinking Beer and Booing

6:13 PM, Jun 04, 2008

I better not get tossed out if I wear my "Yankees Suck" T-shirt to the Safe after mac's tirade. Hypocrites!

Posted by BWare

6:16 PM, Jun 04, 2008

"I notice the Braves are in need of a closer. Wonder if they'd do a sign and trade deal for Teixeira for Putz?"

Don't forget to throw in an expiring contract...

Posted by Drinking Beer and Booing

6:16 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Real nice Scottm and Macdoubter ganging up on me. I'll have you know I am the best judge of batboy talent anywhere. At least Mrs. Bavasi think so.

Posted by scottM

6:18 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Don't worry, Beer and Booing, Pepé Schwartz will be happy to hold your Skankee t-shirt for the duration of the game. We should expect no less from a number one pick.

Posted by Quan

6:19 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Check this out

Posted by MRB

6:21 PM, Jun 04, 2008

My favorite Super Troopers quote comes in handy here:

"Desperation is a stinky cologne"

Posted by macdoubter

6:23 PM, Jun 04, 2008

LOL

Hey who needs a well-run successful team. McLaren, Bavasi and lose crew lend to a pretty entertaining blog!

Posted by Bob Davis

6:24 PM, Jun 04, 2008

It's about time Mclaren blew his stack.

Posted by Richiero

6:24 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Here's an email I just sent The Mariners. I also called customer service and spoke to a nice guy who pleasantly and professionally wrote down my complaints. 206.346.4000

"As a Mariner fan since Day 1, and a shared season ticket holder, I wish to formally register my strong and expletive deleted complaint regarding McLaren's profanity in today's post game press conference. One slip of the tongue is sometimes understandable, but at least 8 times (I lost count) using the F word??? And fans get kicked out of Safeco for wearing "Yankees Suck" T-Shirts?! Give me a break!

This is no way to represent the fine organization The Mariners once was and should be.

The problems aren't with the players, the problems are with the (mis)management!

McLaren should be fired, along with Bavasi!

I will continue to use the tickets I have, but will curtail any spending on food, beverages and merchandise at The Safe. It's tough to support such an atrocity as McLaren & Bavasi."

I know there are billions of causes much more important in this world, but I am passionate about my Mariners...

Posted by MarkD

6:24 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Words, words, words and more words. Is anybody in this organization ever going to take any kind of action?

Posted by scottM

6:28 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Come to think of it, Mrs. Bavasi did mention you, Beer and Booing. Something about a fan-friendly experience. One of those luxury suite who-cares-what-the-score-is and who-ever-cares-what-the-score-is-because-it's-the-M's afterall.

However, there's a concern among BAGHEADS that you will be recognized on July 19th, even with your head covered. Pepé will take your Skankee shirt and provide you with a loose fitting robe, just in case.

Posted by Drinking Beer and Booing

6:29 PM, Jun 04, 2008

All we have left is (bleeping) humor.

Posted by scottM

6:33 PM, Jun 04, 2008

All we have left is (bleeping) humor.

And don't resort to your John McLaren imitations at the game either, Beer and Booing. Those expletive will get you forcibly removed from the premises (and Pepé won't be able to return your t-shirt).

Posted by Sklyansky

6:34 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Its only fitting that a team with the worst GM in baseball history has the single worst manager in baseball history at the helm. If we're lucky, we can lose 116 games this year!

Posted by ralctyv

6:37 PM, Jun 04, 2008

I'm glad to see that many posters aren't impressed with McLaren's "rant."

This was needed when they got their brains beat in during the trip to Detroit and New York.

I'll grant you this roster was way overrated by many experts, but they still should feel ashamed of themselves.

Really, where do you start pointing fingers?

The front office, obviously. Armstrong and Bavasi would be a great place to start, even though it'll never happen.

How about Sexson, at least? Any guy who makes $16 million a year and then has the nerve to whine about being booed....

Posted by MMoose Man

6:37 PM, Jun 04, 2008

KING5 and NWCN.COM 'did' display the
uncensored video version of this between
5pm and 5:30pm today...

..they had a " WARNING: PROFANITY" label on it

..until they changed it to the BLEEPED version
at approx 5:30...

KING5's Paul Silvi during today's 5:20pm TV sports
mentioned that you could see and hear the
entire video of this on their website...

..but at 5:50, he refrained from that...

..must've been a decision from BELO to do that...

Posted by jk

6:41 PM, Jun 04, 2008

That was so contrived. He was told to go off by the higher ups in order to appease the fans, get a grip people. Chuck Armstrong "went off on the managers" earlier today and he just happened to be loud enough so the media could hear him..... this is all BS. This was orchestrated to try and show the fans that someone gives a damn. Does not work, this was way to late....this is kind of like the manager that tells the ump to throw him out so he can fire up his team.

Posted by MLG

6:42 PM, Jun 04, 2008

the Mariners need less cursing and "bleeps" from Bavasi and McLaren and more smart descisions. Take the situation below as an example:

Our #3 hitter (and "designated hitter"...if that term really has any meaning on this team) has a lower OPS than does the outfielder we traded (along with four other players) for Bedard. Niiiice.

Posted by Soonerman22

6:43 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Amen McLaren!!! Preach on Preacher!!!

Posted by Elliott

6:46 PM, Jun 04, 2008

The M's are (bleep)ed

Posted by markus

6:50 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Mac keeps talking about changing things up and getting this going, but then he does nothing different. And when he does do something different he ends up giving the worst hitter in the Majors a week at a what is supposed to be a power position. This isn't a player issue anymore, this is an organizational issue. Any player that gets brought into this atmosphere will fell the complacency and get sucked into the MacVasi black hole. Freakin' ridiculous.

Posted by ethan

6:50 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Hey McLaren - Go Cheney yourself,

Posted by Ry

6:56 PM, Jun 04, 2008

So prior to the game today, Mac talked about how he sensed some complacency within the ranks and then added that guys should be worrying about job security. After the game he blows up and says everyone is tired of losing and that they're playing their ***es off. Well, it has to be one or the other because it can't be both.

Posted by Scanman

7:03 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Does anyone know where I can get a “Lose Crew” Tee Shirt? It will look real good right next to my “Lou’s Crew” shirt.

Posted by scrapiron

7:03 PM, Jun 04, 2008

McLaren went off on the team after last night's game. Chuck Armstrong went off on the team before today's game. McLaren went off on the team after today's game.

Results: zero.

Enough talk. Do something! I've already expressed here what I think should be done. Get rid of the bad mojo. Everyone over 30 should be in fear of their job.

Posted by nobrainer

7:06 PM, Jun 04, 2008

He gets a ride from sexson or vidro.

Posted by lwloomis

7:07 PM, Jun 04, 2008

who does he think he is talking like this? Baseball is a product clear and simple that people pay their hard earned money to watch or not. To a great extent their children also watch and admire or not the players and coaches. And in this case, the tax payers put again their hard earned money up to help the succes of the team. Do we find it acceptable for a public official or corporate executive to speak like this? No, and if they did we know that they are on the way out the door! Professional athletes and especally managersneed to be held to a higher standard otherwise those who pay their way will quickly find another place to spend their money!

Posted by bleacher bum

7:07 PM, Jun 04, 2008

while it's nice to see mac show some lou-like passion, i really think he needs to throw second base into right field and possibly send sexson down to tacoma. or washburn. or heck the entire team. maybe we ought to substitute the osu beavers for the m's for a game.

either way, other commenters are right when they say this team is just dead. it's sad to watch.

Posted by Drinking Beer and Booing

7:08 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Posted by Ry:

"I'm continually amazed that this imbecile finds his way to the ballpark everyday without getting lost."

G-g-g-g-g-garmin!

Posted by Joe Fan

7:12 PM, Jun 04, 2008

I'm effen tired of Mariner MANAGEMENT.......and I mean from McLaren ALL THE WAY UP.

Bring up Clement, Fiererband, LeHair and any other players that have some passion for the game.

Get rid of Sexton, Vidro, Cairo, Washburn.

Oh....and play Willie Bloomquist. What isupwith that? Bloomquist has more passion than the above 4 together.

Posted by macdoubter

7:14 PM, Jun 04, 2008

matt from Hell's Kitchen got booted off yesterday. He's a good bleeper. And he hardly ever made much sense. Maybe he'd make a good manager, too.

Posted by scrapiron

7:15 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Remember when we were talking about not bringing in Barry Bonds because he'd upset the chemistry of the team? Yeah, that was a good call.

Posted by scrapiron

7:18 PM, Jun 04, 2008

I surely hope that everyone that is "offended" by McLaren's profanity is being sarcastic. If anyone is truly offended then they never spent 5 minutes talking to Lou Piniella, who is considered to be the best manager the Mariners ever had.

Great manager? Yes.
Family friendly? Hardly.

Maybe acting like Piniella can get Mac some Piniella-like results.

Posted by jake4three

7:22 PM, Jun 04, 2008

"I hope Mac's not fired--if they keep him around it'll be awfully entertaining. Its just a matter of time until he formulates line-ups by age, then height, then last name. "

If we really want to have an entertaining manager, why don't we get the minor league guy who was crawling on his hands and knees and threw the rosin bag like it was a grenade? Too bad Lou has a job, or that Billy Martin isn't still around.

Posted by Oly Mike

7:22 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Did anyone see Bavasi's comment after today's loss? He did say the Mariner medical staff and clubhouse staff were doing a good job. Maybe Bill should go manage the Hilton Hotel chain. He could at least blame Paris for the bad publicity.

Posted by macdoubter

7:22 PM, Jun 04, 2008

I remember Lou.

This was Lou-lite. Lou's voice didn't squeak. Maybe because of the cigs.

Posted by macdoubter

7:23 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Mini-Lou

Posted by macdoubter

7:26 PM, Jun 04, 2008

And Bavasi is Dr evil.

Posted by RallyFried

7:30 PM, Jun 04, 2008

scrapiron @ 7:18

I don't agree with your comment "Maybe acting like Piniella can get Mac some Piniella-like results."

I now see that Mac failed to learn anything from Lou... When you go on a profanity laced rant you don't do it to compliment your players you do it to wake them up and tear them a new one. Look at the quote above. It essentially amounts to a pat on the back. Totally ridiculous.

Posted by Lenny Randle's Breath

7:33 PM, Jun 04, 2008

I like McLaren. I didn't like this tirade because he kept buffering it with the players.

"tired of getting beat, and so have those guys."

"The fans are (bleeped) off, and I'm (bleeped) off, and the players are (bleeped) off."

He should have left out "and so have those guys." and
"the players are (bleeped) off."

At this point who cares if in fact the players are tired of losing and they're pissed off? They're the reason they
are where they are.

what to do now????

It's hard to look away though...hehe

GO MARINERS!!!

Posted by nobrainer

7:34 PM, Jun 04, 2008

I'd like to hear what ozzie guillen has to say about the mariners. That would be entertaining. And a lot more honest.

Posted by jsky2

7:52 PM, Jun 04, 2008

John McLaren seems to have lost the cool he has displayed over the months he has been manager. I wondered if he could lose his temper but now know he can. What the issues are beyond individual players lost ability compared with last years team performance is perplexing. It seems to cut across most of the players on the field not just the pitchers which many of them last year I was ready to send down. What is it, lack of cohesion or is it loss of team pride as well? One has to love the game to suceed as you all know. Come on Seattle, I am a long time fan who never has left even in the many lean years in the past. I won't desert the sinking ship called Mariners even this year.

Posted by Sounders

7:58 PM, Jun 04, 2008

The Mojo's Risin is out. The new slogan should be 'Seattle Mariners baseball! Git yer Bag on baby!'

Posted by OC Jeff

7:59 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Just heard on ESPN that Bavasi made all 25 players stay by their lockers and answer questions on why they were playing so bad for all members of the media. Thought that was an interesting move by the owner and thought it was good thing for the M's. Then I heard that Richie Sexson was the only one that didn't take part. Hmmm ... Interesting. The worst playing per dollar on the team doesn't stick around to answer why this team isn't performing? Maybe that was the answer right there!

Posted by SICK56

7:59 PM, Jun 04, 2008

They just discussed the M's on Baseball Tonight. They said that after this loss, Bill Bavasi ordered all the players to stay in front of their lockers and stand accountable to the media for their play. The only player who did not participate was DICK SEXSON!! (this is according to Baseball Tonight)

Maybe Geoff or whoever is running the Blog can enlighten us?

It was good to hear the Baseball Tonight crew comment on the M's. Basically they said that they are playing like crap, without effort and something has to change now.

Posted by SICK56

8:01 PM, Jun 04, 2008

OC Jeff, Well put.....

ya beat me to it hahha funny....

Posted by quintanna

8:07 PM, Jun 04, 2008

What does anyone really expect the players to say?

Posted by Fungone

8:10 PM, Jun 04, 2008

The M's problems cut deep. The team was 5-22 immediatly after Johjima signed his long-term deal. F-bombs can't repair this team. Fungo? Fungone.

Posted by northamericanscum

8:11 PM, Jun 04, 2008

I remember reading somewhere that the Texas manager Ron Washington saying that the M's players are a bunch of "me first" types and only "worried about their stats."

I chuckled when I first read that, but after watching this train wreck for the past two months, I really feel bad for McLaren. He is dealing with a joke of a GM, and tons of horrible effort. Seriously, how could you not at least empathize with him.

Posted by Scanman

8:11 PM, Jun 04, 2008

It would have been much more effective if it was the FO. Answering the same questions

Posted by quintanna

8:15 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Thank you scanman. How come scanman and others on this blog sound 100X more qulified to run this team!

Posted by Seth Cotner

8:17 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Yawnnnn... boringgg...

All I hear is words with no weight behind them... Wake me up when there is action behind anything anyone in this orginization says.

Posted by forfeit the season

8:17 PM, Jun 04, 2008

This all comes back on Mclaren people. He has been a rally killer all season. Remember about a month ago, he takes Rowland-Smith out with one out to go in the eighth after just striking out a batter, momemtum is on our side, and brings in Lowe who loses the game. McLaren can only blame himself for this.

Posted by Mike Hunt

8:18 PM, Jun 04, 2008

I would ask Geoff for an update on this, but I bet that Chachi headed Canuck is sucking down Molsons and/or Kokanee's right now celebrating the Stanley Cup

Posted by Tom

8:22 PM, Jun 04, 2008

This organization from our 80 year old absentee, Japanese owner who has never even bothered to come to Seattle to see a baseball game to this crappy team we are seeing on the field is a complete and total joke.

And I will not take them seriously again until an American (and preferably local) owner/ownership group who cares about winning and cares about being fair to the fans in terms of pricing for tickets, concessions, team gear, etc. is in place.

Posted by quintanna

8:24 PM, Jun 04, 2008

...Another question--re those who defend McLaren, and there are thankfully fewer each day, has any of them ever posted on this blog and seriously started the discussion with, "did you see such and such impressive strategy today by our manager..."

Posted by Jim Lundquist

8:24 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Sounds like a manager that is about to lose his job. It is a lot easier to get rid of a terrible manager than it is 25 terrible players.

Unlike the Mariners, the blog made a good move today. I like the Tom for Geoff change up. Tom's posts are short and right to the point. Nice to have a day off from 8 paragraphs of Geoff the Apologist.

Posted by Aaron

8:25 PM, Jun 04, 2008

I for one dont think its McLaren thats the problem. Bavasi , yes. I just do not see any "heart" in this ball club. They play as individuals not as a team. You have every hitter trying to hit it out of the park. You can tell they're all just looking out for themselves, and could care less of the outcome of the game.

Posted by Bill

8:26 PM, Jun 04, 2008

If it's true that the players aren't performing and holding themselves accountable (which they aren't), why isn't management or the media letting us, the fans, know which players they are referring to? I want names!

Posted by nobrainer

8:28 PM, Jun 04, 2008

And a day off from being reminded again and again for us to go somewhere else if we don't like what's in those 8 paragraphs.

Posted by AD21

8:30 PM, Jun 04, 2008

They just got swept by an Angels team that's without some of their key players. They're now 15.5 games back. Are they still going to say they're not out of it? It's unbelievable how they can just stand pat without making a change at GM. He's the one responsible for the makeup of the roster. There's been 3 managers under his tenure and none has gotten them to the post-season with the players he's assembled.

Posted by Bruce P

8:30 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Mac should toss an armload of bats into the showers after the game then shout

You guys lollygag the ball around
the infield, ya lollygag you're way
to first, ya lollygag in an' outta
the dugout. You know what that makes
ya?....

Posted by nature

8:31 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Though there are certainly some old guys we should question as to why they are still in the lineup and getting in the way of the young guys, Sexson makes me wonder the most.

Granted, we have no young guys to play firstbase. But beyond that, he's in the last year of a fat contract. He's not hitting the ball and doesn't appear he will start any time soon. What are we waiting for? Even if another team wanted him they would still make us pay for most of the contract.

So it seems our options are:

*Play him and pay him and lose with him and (thank god) watch him go bye bye next year.

* Trade him and pay him and at least we fans can quit suffering by watching him (I'd rather watch Ciaro or whoever we have in Tacoma suck at the plate)

* cut him and pay him and at least we fans can quit suffering by watching him (I'd rather watch Ciaro or whoever we have in Tacoma suck at the plate)

This season is done. We are not making it back into the race. Upper Management needs to admit that to themselves (denial, not just a river in Egypt?) and then show us, THE FANS, by getting Sexson out of the fricking way.

Posted by Will

8:31 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Where is Geoff on this? Wasn't he interviewing all the players because of Bavasi's orders? Where are these quotes? Geoff as a newspaper guy, you know that the photo of all the sad, sullen M's sitting in front of all the lockers would be Pulitzer Prize worthy photography.

Why do we have to wait for Baseball Tonight to break the Bavasi story? Where is the local coverage ...... and pretty photos?

Posted by matt

8:32 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Larry! Lolligaggers!

Posted by Bruce P

8:33 PM, Jun 04, 2008

oops, sorry. Didn't attribute the quote in my post -

Thanks to Bull Durham (script)..

Posted by K-Swag

8:33 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Really the team is playing there bleep off you think so Mclaren.I must not be watching the same team as you then Mclaren because if they played their bleep off they wouldnt make careless airs they would work the count they would be able to hit their spots with all there pitches.But they cant do any of that and thats why they lose.

Why are you still here Mclaren and you to Bavasi go somewhere.We actually want to win and not just talk about it.

Posted by barney effen rubble

8:35 PM, Jun 04, 2008

THE PLAYERS AND MANAGEMENT SHOULD BE PAYING US TO WATCH THIS DEBACLE.Today I spent:$90 effen dollars for tickets$15 effen dollars to park$36 effen dollars to eat$22 effen dollars to dring beers$12 effen dollars to drive back and forth from homeSEATLE MARINERS YOU OWE ME $175 EFFEN DOLLARS FOR COMING OUT TO THE BALL PARK TO WATCH YOU PATHETIC DISPLAY OF BASEBALL.  I ACTUALLY HAD MORE FUN PEEKING DOWN THE BLOUSE OF THE GIRL SITTING IN FRONT OF US.I WISH CLAY BENNETT WOULD GIVE UP THE SONICS AND TAKE THE MARINERS TO OKIE CITY INSTEAD.  MAYBE PRESTI CAN MANAGE THE MARINERS.

Posted by macdoubter

8:37 PM, Jun 04, 2008

"Where is the local coverage?"

Patience, friend, patience. the spin doctors are hard at work I'm sure as we speak.

Posted by scottM

8:37 PM, Jun 04, 2008

What if John McLaren didn't swear and addressed the media as an intellectual tonight?

--We're playing our (bleep) off every day and got nothing to show for it.

We're playing with the utmost resolve every day and don't have the least bit of victorious result to show for it.

--I'm tired of (bleeping) losing, I'm tired of getting my (bleep) beat, and so have those guys.

I'm tired of enduring losing. I'm tired of getting my emotions beaten down relentlessly, and, likewise, these consummate professionals playing under my leadership have suffered interminable psychological stresses as well.

--We gotta change this (bleeping bleep) around and get after it. And only we can do it.

We are impelled to alter this abominable catastrophe of a season and locate deep within ourselves a reckless abandon heretofore missing. And only from within can we access that spirit of triumph.

--The fans are (bleeped) off, and I'm (bleeped) off, and the players are (bleeped) off. And that's the way it is.

The fans, devoted though they are, are turning off their Televisions, and I'm turning my team off to the point where I am almost ready to resort to expletive postgame tyrades, with the strong hypothetical pretext that this may stir our players to work through their own reserves of anger resulting from this debacle of a season. That's the way it ostensibly appears to be.

--There's no (bleeping) easy way out of this, can't feel sorry for ourself, we gotta (bleeping) buckle it up and get after it. I'm tired of (bleep) losing this, (bleeping) every night we bust our (bleep).

There is no expedient way out of this quagmire; we can't loathe our own malaise; we simply must draw from deep within and demonstrate our resolve on the field. I am fatigued at the mounting losses. Every night we battle with resolve.

--It's gotta be a total team (bleeping) effort to turn this thing around, and that's it."

Indubitably, the entire platoon knows that a collectivist effort is prerequisite to altering the heavy casualties of our campaign.

Posted by macdoubter

8:43 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Oh, I luv ya scottM, despite your attack on me once. Great post on the rephrased rant! Funny stuff

Posted by jennifer on her back

8:49 PM, Jun 04, 2008

To Clay Bennett:

Please take the Mariners to Oklahoma instead of the Sonics.

Posted by scottM

8:50 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Not once macdoubter. Sometimes I cleverly post as notmacdoubter and diss you then, too!!

(Oops, it's been refreshingly in here today without the imposter. Don't want to wake up our bi-polar blog monster).

Posted by fire_chuck_first_and_now

8:52 PM, Jun 04, 2008

fire f'n Chuck the baseball genius who thinks everyone's doing a good job. The head of the worst team in professional sports for nearly 20 years!

Also Willie is a champion pine rider.

Posted by Bleep Mac

8:53 PM, Jun 04, 2008

If Mac would figure out how to coach instead of go off on his team and in the media when we were lightyears out he might be alright..Great chance to get a gimme run in the 3rd after a Lopez single and Ibanez walk. Mac who put Vidro in the 4-hole should have called for Jose to execute a SAC bunt..Instead Mac was too busy composing his postgame speech that we M's fans had to watch the next three guys go down in order. If he is going to play small ball by putting a singles hitter in the 4-hole then please have him do his job by laying down a bunt! Give your team a chance! What a (bleeping) idiot!

Posted by macdoubter

8:54 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Hey, checks and balances...great! too bad the Ms aren't run that way, too.

Posted by Aaron

9:01 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Mac's not the problem. He hs a boss. He is using what he has to the extent he can. Bavasi is the problem. Nobody has been successful under his leadership....no one. So go ahead and go get Lou back and keep Bavasi...same results....I promise.

Posted by Lou

9:05 PM, Jun 04, 2008

go ahead and go get Lou back and keep Bavasi...same results....I promise.

What the hell bleeping bleep? I dont bleeping want to bleeping come back to this bleeping bleep!

Posted by Drinking Beer and Booing

9:07 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Yeah, nice job on the re-rant scottM. When McLaren goes on the banquet circuit you can be his speech (bleeping) writer!

Posted by DistantFan

9:08 PM, Jun 04, 2008

I remember when Mariners games were fun.

Posted by scottM

9:14 PM, Jun 04, 2008

"When McLaren goes on the banquet circuit you can be his speech (bleeping) writer!"

You betcha. And I'll be standing right behind Mac wearing a smelly "Yankees Suck" T-shirt that some kid named Pepé Schwartz just sold me on the sly.

Posted by djsmev

9:17 PM, Jun 04, 2008

I'm sorry this is my fault. About the 2nd or 3rd week of the season I was ask by our small local paper who was going to be in the work series. I stated it would be the Mariners and the Mets. I thiink they have won like 5 games since. So I will take the blame. Honestly the problem with this team is they can't hit the f'n ball. Does anyone else think Sexson needs glasses. He is always squinting at the pitcher.

Posted by Bleep Mac

9:19 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Aaron....any manager with some common sense would not put Vidro in the 4-hole..and if he does he would have him move the runners over with a bunt in that situation..Difference between a tie game late and the one-run loss we suffered if Beltre can come up and capitalize with a lazy GB or sac fly. Mac is a joke!

Posted by blenderhead

9:21 PM, Jun 04, 2008

I remember when Mariners games were fun.

When they were winning a long time ago they were fun. Then during the past 4 yrs or so they're like a stalled traffic jam, going nowhere--no fun. But now the traffic jam is turning into a 25+ car fiery pile-up--it's fun again!

Posted by scottM

9:25 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Seriously, I don't think vision and pro athlete aging gets the attention it deserves. In my own case, I remember at age 35 my eye sight declined rapidly from an excellent 20-10 to a below average 20-30. With Sexson, Vidro, Ibanez and Ichiro in their mid-30s do the Mariners, as contractual part of requiring physicals, also require thorough vision check-ups. It wouldn't take much of a decline to affect a player's batting average.

Posted by blenderhead

9:26 PM, Jun 04, 2008

"F" is for fire that burns down the whole town, "U" is foe uranium...bomb, "N" is for...

Posted by Steffen

9:30 PM, Jun 04, 2008

"Steffen- care to attribute that stolen post?"

Hardly meant as plagiarism, though I suppose attributing it to USSM would probably have been appropriate. Considering the sparring between ST and USSM writers so far, I figured it would be instantly apparent to USSM readers where it came from, and would avoid initiating another "this blog is better than that blog" set of fun and games...

That said, repeating a set of statistics is hardly the same as ripping off an original idea--if I were taking credit for any level of analysis or thought without due credit to another writer, that would be another story... ;)

Posted by Strasburg In 2009

9:31 PM, Jun 04, 2008

This is a direct response to the post by Tom.

Yamauchi has been nothing but a boon for the Mariners and Seattle. Yes, you can criticize him and the management group for being hands-off (although this wasn't a problem when Gillick was in charge). But don't ever say that the Mariners are worse off for having foreign ownership.

Remember, Yamauchi bought a controlling share of the Mariners purely as a favor to Seattle and Washington to prevent the Mariners from moving to Florida (at the bequest of prominent politicians like Booth Gardner and Slade Gorton). He remarkably kept his mouth shut during the wave of xenophoic Japan-bashing, accepting ridiculous terms that no one else buying a team would ever have to accept. During his and Nintendo's tenure as owners all they've done is raise payroll and attract top talent from Japan.

Ownership wasn't a problem when more competent baseball people like Pat Gillick were in charge. And right now, ownership still isn't a problem. The Mariners' problems can be traced back to poor baseball management and philosophy, not because their owner was born in the US of A.

Posted by OKC

9:31 PM, Jun 04, 2008

To Clay Bennett:

Please take the Mariners to Oklahoma instead of the Sonics. Uhhh no thanks. We have the 1st place team in the PCL. No one would pay .02 to see that garbage you have out there.

Posted by M's Fan

9:34 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Strasburg: well said. Fact is without Yamauchi being talked into buying the team the M's would be in San Jose or Tampa.

Posted by twinsfan

9:38 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Have you been taking accountability tips from the same book as the Mariners' front office?

Posted by Steffen

9:40 PM, Jun 04, 2008

^^^
YES. Hoped someone would make that connection ;)
Still, total flub on my part to forget a citation on the first post.

Posted by Joe

9:46 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Missing the point as usual.

It's not that the players aren't busting their collective heinie. How can you possibly look someone in the eye and tell them that a line up that trots out Jose Vidro, Miguel Cairo, and Richie Sexson on a consistent basis is a good team. They're terrible. My god, I can see it and I'm only follow baseball in my spare time. That the Mariners front office can't figure that out, is inexcusable.

Posted by Steffen

9:46 PM, Jun 04, 2008

As one final folllow-up to the above post, I hope the above posters (who pointed out my lack of attribution to USSM for my original post) don't really think I'm stupid enough to try to claim an idea from one of the most popular Mariners blogs as my own...
Nope. Simply rushed into hitting the "Submit" button before double checking the post...

Posted by Tom

9:46 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Starsburg in 09:

Look, this isn't about the fact he's from Japan or Japanese. Ok?

I'm just saying he has never come to Seattle to watch a game, and while this losing has gone on, he has never offered us fans who have to pay so much money for tickets an apology for what is going on.

Heck, I've never seen his face.

I mean, my god, wouldn't you much rather someone like Arte Moreno of Anaheim or John Henry of the Red Sox run this team because of the fact that they understand American baseball and the attitude of American born fans a lot better than someone who is half a world away and is somewhat disconnected from the team?

That's all I'm trying to say here.

Obviously we should forever be grateful to him for helping keep the team here and giving us a $120 million payroll, but seriously, until he has the courage to show his face and tell us "I'm sorry and our ownership group is damn sorry for this mess."

I can't take him seriously whether he is from America or Japan. Sorry.

Posted by scottM

9:48 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Strasburg in 2009, 9:31 post.

Very well stated. Compared to the American born and bred cheapskates who throttled this franchise for its first decades (Argyros, Smulyan), the Nintendo ownership group has been a breath of fresh air and FAR more loyal to Seattle as a community.

This team has problems a plenty (a 25+ car fiery pile-up, as Blenderhead said), but it's certainly not because the ownership didn't invest a great deal into "vehicles" that were billed to go fast and perform well. Our general manager may not be able to read Consumer Reports to not overpay or to stay away from the lemons, and our skipper may not know how to drive very well, but blaming the Japanese owners is ludicrous.

Posted by Top pick in 09 draft

9:50 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Good news from tonight in that we now have a full game lead on Colorado in the "race" for the #1 overall pick in the 2009 draft. Bavasi won't be around for the selection but even he couldn't botch that draft pick with a stud college pitcher Strasburg from SD State available in the draft. Hope for 2010!

Posted by blenderhead

9:51 PM, Jun 04, 2008

In addition to the "junior sportscaster" contest where a kid gets to call the game with Rizz for an inning, there should be a "wanna-be manager" contest where one lucky blog poster gets a chance to manage the team for an inning!

Posted by scottM

9:52 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Hey Tom, it doesn't matter whether you take the M's ownership seriously or not. They may not have the best people running the show here (Bavasi, McLaren), but they have proven, irrefutably, that they do take their investment in MLB in SEATTLE seriously.

Posted by tired of being depressed by the m's

9:58 PM, Jun 04, 2008

87 days till the Seahawks kick it off in Buffalo.

Posted by TKO

10:00 PM, Jun 04, 2008

I'm just happy that Johnny Mac and the M's sent a message loud and clear to the Angels back in that pre-season game. LMAO

Posted by Bill

10:02 PM, Jun 04, 2008

When asked late Tuesday night what needs to be done, Suzuki sounded defeated.

“I don’t think at this point it is even worth it to answer that question,” the $90 million outfielder and franchise cornerstone said through an interpreter.

Good thing no one is asking Ichiro to be a team leader.

Posted by Resin isn't Cheating

10:05 PM, Jun 04, 2008

And yes I'm well aware of the shortcomings of defensive statistics. But I'm also aware that when they all agree on something, you should probably listen to them.

To Adam and all you saber cult followers;

Try practicing what you preach on how you saberheads allegedly use both scouting combined with a former security guard's math formulas.

Just because the Village Idiots all agree on something does not make it fact.

I haven't ignored the defensive metrics, but they are completey worthless. Every single one of them. You cannot use math to evaluate defense.

The same people that believe Yuni sucks defensively probably think Ichiro is a great defensive center fielder based on metrics. Yet you haven't watched him from the field level at Safeco Field make consistent bad reads on fly balls. Not saying he sucks, but closer to average than the best in the game. That's my opinion, he relies heavily on speed and his glove.

To evaluate defense you cannot do it properly by watching the player on TV. You have to see the whole field, before, during, and after the ball is put in play. I'm sure plenty of high school coaches out there understand this basic knowledge.

Quote me one real life MLB scout that believes Betancourt is not a plus defender. Or quote one that believes the complete nonsense that he sucks defensively. You won't find one scout say such garbage.

Posted by nature

10:17 PM, Jun 04, 2008

tired pointed out....

87 days till the Seahawks kick it off in Buffalo.

Ah yes... thanks for the reminder. It sure helps keep things in perspective! Go seahawks!!!

Posted by TheRoof'sOnFire

10:27 PM, Jun 04, 2008

This has gone from disturbing to pathetic to comical, and right back to pathetic, to comical, and now's it's pathetically comical.

Posted by Full Count

10:35 PM, Jun 04, 2008

How freakin great was that!, don't say nothing unless you have something good to say, you go Mac.....somebody close to the team needed to say it.

Now do the owners have the balls to fire Bavasi, Armstrong and Lincoln for building a team that makes money but can't win and especially at at price tag of 120 million ouch...

Mac that was music to my frustrated fan ears... wahoo!!!

Posted by Wildman

10:40 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Cool. We can translate this using Battlestar Galactica vocabulary:

We're playing our (FRACKING butts) off every day and got nothing to show for it. I'm tired of (FRACKING) losing, I'm tired of getting my (butt) beat, and so have those guys. We gotta change this (FRACKING FRACK) around and get after it. And only we can do it. The fans are (FRACKED) off, and I'm (FRACKED) off, and the players are (FRACKED) off. And that's the way it is. There's no (FRACKING) easy way out of this, can't feel sorry for ourself, we gotta (FRACKING) buckle it up and get after it. I'm tired of (FRACKING) losing this, (FRACKING) every night we bust our (butts). It's gotta be a total team (FRACKING) effort to turn this thing around, and that's it."

Posted by rallyfried

10:44 PM, Jun 04, 2008

TKO @ 10:00

That spring training story about the M's sending a message to the halos seems like years ago. It is hilarious to look back on it...

Also remember how giddy everyone got when Escobar and Lackey went down. I remember everyone from local media to ESPN commenting on how the M's will capitalize! I'll admit that I drank the Kool aid on that one.

Look at us now... whheeeee.

Posted by peter

10:48 PM, Jun 04, 2008

this only continues to solidify the fact that i like mclaren. mclaren is the last guy that this organization should get rid of. it sounds like he cares about winning. which is more than i can say about bavasi, armstrong and lincoln.

here's an idea. how about bavasi armstrong and lincoln come up with a fricking plan for their team. a plan other than "just do enough to keep people filling the seats". how about a plan that is a multi year commitment to making this team a legitimate world series contender year after year. i'm so tired of bandaids on the same issues.

then once you get a (bleeping) plan let mclaren coach them. mclaren is not the problem.

Posted by Adam

11:10 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Quote us one "real life MLB scout" who believes Yuni IS a plus defender. You talk like you have access to MLB scouts and their proprietary reports, yet you've never cited to one. Now's your chance.

Further, I love how you continue to dismiss defensive metrics out of hand without even making a real argument against them. You say they are "completely worthless." Why? Explain yourself.

Go read this article by Dave Studeman from the Hardballtimes.com, and tell us what's wrong with the methodology he describes:

This is where the great paradox of the stathead vs. traditionalist debate lies (even though I think there is plenty of room for sabermetrics AND scouting): The traditionalists love to call the saberheads cocky and arrogant, yet they don't even have the decency to try to understand the arguments of the saberheads and construct a legitimate criticism. Kettle, meet pot.

Ever hear of Mitchel Lichtman? He's the former "saberhead" who developed a defensive metric called Ultimate Zone Rating. He now works for the Cardinals and his work is proprietary. You had better get on the horn and tell the Cards they are wasting money, given as how math can't measure defense...

As for Yuni - He's in the bottom third of AL SSs in feilding percentage, as lame as that stat is. He's near the bottom in Revised Zone Rating. He's made the fewest Out of Zone plays of any regular AL SS.

What, exactly, is it about Yuni's defense that stands out and makes him a plus defender?

Posted by scrapiron

11:13 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Bavasi, where's the accountability? You said the players should be worried about their jobs. Ok, so what are you going to do about it?

You said that the players should sit by their lockers and be accountable for the losses. Sexson gave you a big FU and left. Ok, so what are you going to do about it?

It's all idle threats. The players simply don't respect the GM or Manager as long as their paychecks have lots of zeroes on them.

I read that while McLaren was having his tirade the players were yucking it up in the clubhouse watching 'Super Troopers' on the big screen. They just don't care.

Everyone writing into this blog knows exactly who has given up and mailed it in this season. Just release them. I'd rather see a minor leaguer hit .175 but working his tail off any day.

Miguel Cairo has very little talent, but works hard and hustles. Nine of those would be at least entertaining to watch, even if they didn't win many games. Watching a talented team mail it in? Boring.

Posted by Baltimore truth

11:18 PM, Jun 04, 2008

I was reading everyones posts and feeling almost sorry for , but not really. lol When I came across a post by Bill. putz for texeira , lol are you on crack. Big Tex is comming home to Baltimore next year. Some advice for Ms fans , fire front office manager as well. He stinks . Get younger and in a few years with some luck your team will be fun to watch agian. Peace

Posted by MelloDawg

12:37 AM, Jun 05, 2008

Wow, you censor the word "ass"? What are you, Geoff? Mormon?

Posted by Tom

12:56 AM, Jun 05, 2008

Well if the Mariners ownership does take their investment seriously ScottM, they better figure out WHY we got to this mess and WHO is responsible and start realizing that regardless of how much money they make this year, they are about to tick off a lot of people and have that investment of theirs dry up to the MLS.

Because maybe Bill Bavasi and John McLaren have to keep the players in line and accountable, but the only people that can make Armstrong and Lincoln accountable is the Japanese owner.

And if they don't do that soon, then hope you are all ready for 116 losses in '09.

Posted by Dave from the Coast

1:11 AM, Jun 05, 2008

I've been listening and/or watching almost every Seattle Mariners game since long about 1996. If I'm outside, the transistor radio goes with me. Or perhaps I'll find a cool shady spot somewhere and listen to the car radio. Or, maybe unwind in the evening, watching the M's games...but listening to the radiocasts of the games; they're so much better than the TV audio...and the thought came to mind for the very first time the other night, "why am I watching the Mariners? Couldn't I be doing something else instead? I imagine that, in all or in part, I listen to/watch at least 100 Mariners games a year. How big a chunk is that out of my life? At the same time, it's almost fun to see them keep losing, 'cos it keeps the soap opera going...we all know it's more fun to be mad, right? Seriously, I'm beginning to question why I even care any more, and I'm finding more and more, that I don't. How many other fans out there feel like me? And how many of those, who pay exorbitant prices to actually go to Safeco Field and watch this spectacle of devastation, how do they feel after spending Hundreds Of Dollars At The Ball Park? All I ever wanted was for the M's to Look Good and at least Be Competitive. Sadly, they're striking out (literally and figuratively) on both counts.

Posted by Bums

3:07 AM, Jun 05, 2008

Are they really playing as hard as they can? I know stats don't tell all, but they help paint a picture and these numbers are showing that many of these guys are under performing severely. Under performance can be a sign that people are not really working as hard as they should, they don't care, or are getting lazy.

Seems they lose focus easily and are content with not working the count during at-bats.

Posted by rsn

7:59 AM, Jun 05, 2008

Who does Bill Bavasi and the coaching staff think they are?? It is Bavasi, above all else, that has made our baseball team a laughing stock. I have been following the Mariners for 8 years, arriving in Seattle as a Yankees fan. The Pat Gillick Mariners made me change that, but almost every action of Bavasi and his staff have been ridiculous. Jeff Weaver, Rich Aurilia, Cirillo, trading Raf-Soriano. Overspending on Beltre after ONE good season. Overspending on an old RIchie Sexson. Giving up Adam Jones for Bedard? Huh? It's not the players fault that they aren't as good as management wanted to make them out to be, and that management keeps assembling a team of spiritless underachievers who have little or no experience on winning teams.

Bavasi is arguably the worst baseball executive I have ever seen in my 20+ years of following sports, and it is a real statement of the upper management's inepttuide that they keep him around. He is the one most to blame for how bad this team has become. Bob Melvin did a good job of ruining a couple seasons for us, but it was Bavasi that was unable to make trades and moves to overcome the August hump. He has made one mistake after another, and our team keeps getting worse and worse. I LOVE Ichiro, but feel like we should trade him to give him a chance to be a winner, as he has been the only bright spot on a team of dunces.

Bavasi should have been gone 5 years ago. The reason I stopped following Seattle sports is that the team cultures, as perpetuated by upper management, do not have a winning attitude. Sports is about fierce competitiion and spirit. Don't pat your GM on the back for sucking. Get rid of him for somebody who knows how to win. Let's hope he is gone soon.

Posted by kev chez

9:54 AM, Jun 05, 2008

the (bleeping) mariner organization has a( bleeping) fine traditioin.their in a (bleeping) slump,and need to(bleep) the (bleep)out of it,and I'm a yankee fan from long island new york.

Posted by bob

10:14 AM, Jun 05, 2008

It was a classic FSN moment last night:

Announcer: "And now let's go to the clubhouse and hear from the skipper, John McLaren."

McLaren: I'm pissed off, the players are pissed off--"

Announcer: "Well, apparently we have to bleep out the rest of John McLaren's press conference, so we'll get it to you later."

I'm looking for an uncensored audio feed. Anyone have a link? I tried YouTube and Google but no dice.

Posted by kev chez

10:50 AM, Jun 05, 2008

The (bleeping) Mariner organization has a ( bleeping) fine traditioin.Their in a (bleeping) slump,and need to snap the (bleep)out of it,and I'm a Yankee fan from Long Island New York.

Posted by THE DUDE

3:12 PM, Jun 05, 2008

WE MUST BAD TOGETHER AND BUY LESS MERCHANSIDE, CONCESSIONS AND OTHER PROFIT CENTERS LIKE ANY MORE TICKETS. I WAS PLANNING SEASON TIX THIS YEAR BUT NOW I MAY NEVER WITH THIS OWNERSHIP. I DONT KNOW HOW THE OWNERSHIP IS OK WITH THIS EMBARASSMENT OF A TEAM. THEY APPARENTLY NEED TO FEEL IT IN THE POCKET BOOK BEFORE THEY WILL MAKE CHANGES AND CLEAN HOUSE. ITS BROKE! FIX IT! WE DESERVE BETTER. AND ICHIRO FOR GODS SAKE WE KNOW YOU SPEAK ENGLISH MAYBE YOU NEED TO FIRE THESE PUNKS UP, WHO IS THE LEADER ANYHOW? OVER HALF THE TEAM SEEMS TO NOT CARE. I SWARE I SAW R.A. DICKEY DRINKING A SPIKED PEPSI IN THE BULLPEN THATS HOW BAD IT IS! AND I STUCK UP FOR THEM WHEN MY BRO SAID WE COULD LOSE 90 OR MORE THIS YEAR...BS!. MCLAREN GOING OFF AINT GOING TO DO ACCOMPLISH SQUAT!~

Posted by BWare

5:09 PM, Jun 05, 2008

People...

Just came across this video bit from yesterday's Mike and Mike Show on ESPN Radio. They rate and compare McLaren's tirade against baseball's finest (Elia, Piniella, Lasorda, et. al.).

THIS IS CLASSIC!!!

Posted by bobby

7:22 PM, Jun 05, 2008

Said it once, say it again. Get rid of Sexson, Beltre & Betancourt. Eat their salaries, whatever. Otherwise, 15 1/2 behind will be 30 by July!

Jul 4, 08 - 03:16 PM
Detroit Tigers at Mariners: 07/04 game thread

Jul 4, 08 - 12:28 PM
Holiday optimism

Jul 3, 08 - 11:13 PM
Better opposition tonight

Jul 3, 08 - 08:56 PM
Detroit Tigers at Mariners: 07/03 game thread

Jul 3, 08 - 05:45 PM
Hernandez throws, Rowland-Smith blogs, Clement struggles

4 automakers invest in plants; Honda upgrades Fit bumpernew
Toyota plans to expand production of its Highlander SUV. (Toyota) 4 automakers reveal big plant changes A variety of automakers announced major moves ...