Advertising

The Seattle Times Company

NWjobs | NWautos | NWhomes | NWsource | Free Classifieds | seattletimes.com

Huskies


Our network sites seattletimes.com | Advanced

Husky Men's Basketball Blog

Seattle Times staff reporter Bob Condotta provides a running commentary on the Huskies.

E-mail Bob| Husky Men's Basketball forum| RSS feeds Subscribe | Blog Home

February 26, 2009 11:44 AM

UW fans can support Moritz beginning tonight

Posted by Bob Condotta

Remember former Husky walk-on guard Andrew Moritz, who revealed in January he is battling a particularly rare form of cancer?

I wrote a little bit about it on the blog here last month.

It has been announced that bracelets will be available for purchase at the last four UW games to help support his medical costs.

More specifically, his family says that Moritz has medical insurance that will cover 75 percent of his costs. The funds will go toward covering the other 25 percent. The Andrew Moritz Medical Fund will also help Andrew pay for: plane tickets to/ from Houston, renting an apartment and car in Houston while doing chemotherapy and helping him to pay for bills/ groceries (as he is unable to work right now and most likely throughout the chemotherapy).

You can find out more on a web site detailing his journey.

And here are more details on the bracelets.

Moritz, a graduate of Franklin, was a member of the UW teams that advanced to the NCAA Tournament in 1998 and 1999. Here's his UW bio.

Digg Digg | Newsvine Newsvine

Comments
No comments have been posted to this article.

Advertising

Marketplace

Advertising

Advertising

Categories
Calendar

May

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31            
Browse the archives

May 2009

April 2009

March 2009

February 2009

January 2009

December 2008