Husky Men's Basketball Blog

E-mail Bob| Husky Men's Basketball forum| RSS feeds Subscribe | Blog Home

August 1, 2008 11:06 AM

Bryan-Amaning in action

Thanks to MT Husky for passing along a link for how to follow Matthew Bryan-Amaning's play in the U-20 European Championships.

Decided I'd give it a wider audience and put it here, so here it is.

As I type this, it's halftime and Great Britain leads Finland 49-29. MBA has five points, three rebounds, two assists and a foul. He also appears to have four turnovers if I'm reading the play-by-play correctly. To follow the game, just click on the link at the right and you'll get a running box score and play-by-play.

I'll actually be away from the computer for a little while so I'll leave this post here as a way for others to update the action in the comments section. I'll update it later here, as well.

Posted by MT Husky

11:30 AM, Aug 01, 2008

He's already exceeded last year's average #'s - the good news is that is points, rebounds and assists. That bad news is, it includes TO's.

Other than that though, pretty good #'s though.

Does anyone have any guess what level of competition these games are?

Posted by mikey

12:16 PM, Aug 01, 2008

Looks like he lead his team in assists. Any idea when the next time they play is?

Posted by AZ Dawg

12:47 PM, Aug 01, 2008

I noticed the "Guard" thing also. If he is handling the rock like a guard then that bodes well for the Dawgs.

Posted by MT Husky

12:57 PM, Aug 01, 2008

I noticed that also (guard), but assumed it had to be a typo. But if it wasn't, that would be something.

Mikey, if I did my time zone math correctly they play tomorrow morning at 7:45...oops, that's MDT, 6:45 PDT.

5/7 from the field, 6 boards, 3 assists and a steal - and even though he had 4 TO's in the 1st half, he didn't have any in the 2nd.

Other than going 3 for 6 from the stripe, pretty good #'s.

I hope he did that against a reasonably good level of competition.

Posted by 206er

2:05 PM, Aug 01, 2008

well if he got four turns and gets a lot of assists it sounds like he handles the ball a lot. that would be rediculous if they were playing him at guard though.

i too am curious about how tough the competition is. those numbers all in all look pretty strong. i wonder if the competition is the equuivelant to like lower div.1 college ball or top high school aau. probably hard to say. if he put up those numbers for us this year, i'd be happy

A couple updates