Husky Men's Basketball Blog

E-mail Bob| Husky Men's Basketball forum| RSS feeds Subscribe | Blog Home

June 22, 2008 11:52 AM

Previewing the Pac-10

With rosters for next season now pretty much set, Scout.com his this look at the Pac-10 season.

The author is pretty optimistic about UW writing that "expectations in Seattle will be sky high this year and the results will probably follow.''

Posted by schmitty

10:52 AM, Jun 23, 2008

There are many NRs for the newcommers listed in the article. I don't know anything about many of the NR players for other teams, but how does Scout.com still have Thomas (UW) and Casto (WSU) still NR?

I would think each has to be 3-star or better. I haven't looked at the actual site, so maybe it is just the article that is outdated.

Posted by Ryan

11:26 AM, Jun 23, 2008

I'm pretty sure for Thomas it's because he was really part of the '07 class and was ranked then.

And the only thing I noticed for WSU was that over half their team next year will be freshmen/RS! I laughed out loud in satisfactoin at seeing this!

Posted by Josh

1:32 PM, Jun 23, 2008

The fact that this article states the freshmen class is headlined by Suggs and Turner, rather than Thomas, is in my mind a good sign. If the "experts" and "analysis" are discounting Thomas and predicting the Huskies will be in the middle of the conference, I think they will surprise.

I think Thomas is overlooked because of his size and since he has been committed for two years. He scores 30 points a game against good competition, first from Tacoma and then the prep school. I wouldn't be surprised to see him provide good offense as a freshman next season. I also wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of bad shots and turnovers as he adjust to the Pac-10. But, all in all, a good sign for the future.

A couple updates