Husky Men's Basketball Blog

E-mail Bob| Husky Men's Basketball forum| RSS feeds Subscribe | Blog Home

June 4, 2008 1:11 PM

Gaddy says decision coming by August-September

Bellarmine Prep guard Abdul Gaddy was just on with Dave Mahler on KJR-AM and said that he has Washington among his top 10 schools and that he hopes to make a decision by the beginning of school next fall, likely August or September.

Gaddy recently said he is no longer committed to Arizona and is again considering all of his options.

Despite recent stories that he and Bellarmine teammate Avery Bradley might want to be a "package deal,'' he told Mahler that is not the case.

"It's not really like a package deal,'' he said. "In the end, I'll do what's best for me and he'll do what's best for him. If we end up playing together, that's a bonus.''

As for UW, Gaddy said the Huskies are in his top 10 list of schools, but that all 10 of those schools are even.

He didn't mention what all 10 schools are, and Scout.com lists only eight --- Arizona, Kansas, Gonzaga, Memphis, Oregon, Washington, Texas and USC.

He said staying at home would be nice to make it easier to play in front of family and friends but that "it's not really a big factor for me when choosing a college.''

Pressed further about UW, he said "every situation is pretty similar'' and that he has talked to coach Lorenzo Romar "multiple times.'' He said he's aware of Romar's history of developing players such as Brandon Roy and Nate Robinson and that he "really has no problems'' with anything about UW, it's simply that he wants to continue to consider all of his options.

Asked about the fact that UW suddenly has a number of guards on the roster for future seasons, he said "that does play a factor'' but that it wouldn't necessarily dissuade him from attending Washington because "I feel I could come in and be a starter'' wherever he goes.

So to summarize, he really didn't say anything to rule out UW, or make one think that the Huskies have any better of a shot at getting him than the other 10 schools on his list.

Posted by Dave " The Meatball" Armistead

2:37 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Much like a lot of players, Gaddy is waiting to see if Brandon Jennings passes his SAT's. Once Jennings is enrolled in Arizona and excelling on the Hardwood next year, Gaddy will recommit to the Wildcats...question is, will we take him?

Posted by mattysimone

2:39 PM, Jun 04, 2008

bla bla bla....keep dreamin meat

Posted by Scott

3:25 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Meat,

I've never heard you answer to this question.

Why are you so obsessed with this blog? Is this the only blog you participate in, or do you frequent other blogs?

Also, who pays for the meal when you take Buddinger out to lunch?

Posted by Dave " The Meatball" Armistead

4:22 PM, Jun 04, 2008

Scott- I had a grad school friend that was from Seattle and had went to Washington for his Undergrad that told me about the Husky faithful and how delusional their perspective was about their Basketball program. He showed me this site, and I posted for fun 2 years ago, and I've enjoyed the discourse since. Overall it's pretty amusing, though there are some well informed posters even though they may not be the most realistic people out there.

The lunch I had with Budinger was a University function that was partially sponsered by my law firm, so I guess you could say we both payed for it. This was a luncheon where I spent most of my time with Chase and David Bagga. I had previously met Chase on a few occasions, as my girlfriend teaches at the school that Chase earned his intership hours mentoring middle school kids, and all he really told me was that he wouldn't stay in the draft if he wasn't guranteed to be a lottery pick. Since he was left off the "only physical" list in Orlando, I take that has an extremely strong chance that he will return. I would be hugely surprised if he leaves for the NBA, but he didn't promise anything to me or anything like that.

Posted by mikey

4:31 PM, Jun 04, 2008

thanks for all the updates in both blogs today, Bob.

Posted by SnohomishRick

1:17 PM, Jun 05, 2008

If Gaddy read any of the Arizona blogs and listened to the venom spewing from the Cat fans he would definatley scratch them from his top ten.

Posted by MeatMeetsChase

2:40 PM, Jun 05, 2008

Dave you are so cute! Speaking of reality and perspectives,
do you always get your panties in a bunch when you interact
with a college athlete. Realizing that Chase has thousand of interactions with fans/stalkers, you should realize that it is
all just lip service. I get the feeling you a get off to the idea
that Chase gave you some type of insider info.
Does you lawfirm have any idea how pathetic you are?
Or is this all just closet behavior?

Posted by Dave " The Meatball" Armistead

4:49 PM, Jun 05, 2008

Meat- We represent his Father, so I'm pretty comfortable on how Chase represented himself. Thanks for the concern though.

Posted by DENNIS

10:31 PM, Jul 02, 2008

HE KNOWS IN HIS HEART ARIZONA WILL BE HIS FAVORITE IN THE END...MR GEARY AND THE OTHER COACHES ARE SUPER PEOPLE ...WATCH OUT EVERYONE AZ IS BACK,,GO CARS,,,DENNIS THE MENACE

A couple updates