Husky Men's Basketball Blog

E-mail Bob| Husky Men's Basketball forum| RSS feeds Subscribe | Blog Home

April 23, 2008 9:43 AM

The prize for our winner

So just in case you thought we promised a prize for the NCAA Tournament pool just for show, here it is --- a basketball purchased by the Times (well, me, actually) and graciously signed by the Washington Huskies (yes, including the much-rumored-about Quincy Pondexter).

UW HUSKY BB PICTURE.bmp

Here are the details of the contest and our winner, who will be getting the ball in a month or so depending on when I remember to take it to the post office.

Posted by mattysimone

12:41 PM, Apr 23, 2008

I really really hope qpon is here to stay. This is his year! I Know ive been saying this for the last two years but this will be a huge year for him

Posted by Cougfan

1:05 PM, Apr 23, 2008

WOW! I am glad I lost!

Posted by hr husky

1:44 PM, Apr 23, 2008

Very Cool! Thanks again Bob!

Posted by OD

2:40 PM, Apr 23, 2008

So it's not an NCAA violation to sign a ball given to the winner of an NCAA pool? :)

OD

Posted by robertroll

2:52 PM, Apr 23, 2008

could you at least get someone that has NBA talent.. sorry QP is not the guy I would want.. maybe JB..

Posted by MT Husky

2:59 PM, Apr 23, 2008

Congrats Mr. Chris Wofford.
And, since you are obviously a prognosticator savant, I would like for you to use this wonderful gift you have beyond the NCAA brackets and tell me the following:

Is there any truth to the QPon transfer rumor?

From whom will Huskies receive verbal commits in the coming months?

How will the scholarship issue sort itself out?

Will IT qualify?

And, if you can look clear into next November, who will the starting 5 be?

I am very excited to be able to take advantage of your skills and anxiously await your response!

3:20 PM, Apr 23, 2008

OD -- Pool is probably the wrong term to use here. Since no money is changing hands this wasn't really a pool. In fact, I didn't decide on this prize until this was almost done so there was no inducement, either. I personally bought a ball, got it signed, and am mailing it to the guy. Maybe the NCAA can put me on probation --- I could use the time off.

Posted by JayDee

4:54 PM, Apr 23, 2008

I talked to Qpon at a party on Saturday night and there is no truth to the rumor. Hes working hard this offseason and expects big things out of himself this year.

I also asked him about the scholarship issue. He said IT will not qualify.

A couple updates

Bradley, Gaddy updates

Roy to have surgery

Former Husky Femerling in Olympics

Joel Smith to Chaminade

Donate food for LeMay discount; tips to prep car for winternew
LeMay visitors can donate food to get a museum discount Throughout November, LeMay — America's Car Museum will offer a discount to those who don...