Husky Men's Basketball Blog

E-mail Bob| Husky Men's Basketball forum| RSS feeds Subscribe | Blog Home

April 21, 2008 8:55 PM

Pondexter says he's not going anywhere

Had a quick chat with Quincy Pondexter today as he was walking down the hall with the rest of his teammates to a conditioning workout and asked him about the report in the Kentucky newspaper yesterday.

"I'm staying right here,'' he said with a laugh, adding quickly he had no idea where that story came from.

So sounds like that's that on that one.

Posted by wayupwaydown

9:27 PM, Apr 21, 2008

Yes, but he didn't say how long he was staying. :)

Must be all the presidential debates. Sorry.

Posted by 206er

9:28 PM, Apr 21, 2008

go quincy! i'm excited his future. he may not be scoring 17 a game like some thought he would be by now, at the beginning of his freshman year, it seems like some had really high expectations. but i'd be happy if he stays 4 years and combines scoring with defense and helps the team win. he will have to be this team's go to guy eventually. he has a very secure place carved in this team and has no reason to leave. i think his personal dedication and progress will have a huge impact on the success of the whole team. thanks bob!

Posted by condottarulz

10:17 PM, Apr 21, 2008

I'm really getting sick of these hacks around the country speculating on who might transfer and where. First the Fouch story, now this. I guess it's fun for some of these guys to play Geraldo Rivera. Bob, all of this makes me appreciate your hard work and eithics even more.

Posted by Btown

8:11 AM, Apr 22, 2008

Was that the same reporter that wrote the story about Ronnie Fouch?

Posted by MT Husky

9:26 AM, Apr 22, 2008

My excitement regarding QPon isn’t envisioning him scoring 17 points a game (although, I won’t be surprised if he does average close to that next season) – my excitement stems from the latter half of the season seeing his game develop from a great athlete who is often lost on the court to a team player who recognizes a good pass, when to drive, when to dish, when to shoot, etc.

I really felt like his overall court awareness progressed significantly and he is the #1 reason I think Huskies will be legit contenders next season. Not only do I see QPon’s scoring average go up, but more importantly, I predict you’ll see him become a leader on the court, a player who averages several assists a game and makes everyone around him better.

I am still nervous that SOMETHING sparked that transfer rumor (think about it, if there IS any truth to it do you think Quincy is going to say to Bob, “yeah…that is true, I’ve been putting some feelers out to some different teams”? No way, of course he’d deny it) – almost always rumors are begun by some element of truth.

I sure hope that Quincy is fully committed to the Huskies…because if he stays he’ll be the primary reason Huskies are back in the tourney next March(and I don’t mean CBI).

A couple updates