Husky Men's Basketball Blog

E-mail Bob| Husky Men's Basketball forum| RSS feeds Subscribe | Blog Home

March 14, 2008 10:58 PM

So much for balance

What some figured might be one of the more topsy-turvy Pac-10 Tournaments has instead gone completely to form.

With the wins by UCLA and Stanford tonight, tomorrow's championship game will feature the No. 1 and No. 2 seeds, and mean that the favored team has won each of the first eight games.

It's the fifth time in 11 Pac-10 tournaments that the top two seeds have advanced to the title game. Two of those instances involved the Huskies --- 2004, when No. 2 seed UW lost to No. 1 seed Stanford; and 2005 when No. 2 seed UW beat No. 1 seed Arizona.

Posted by Royal

8:22 AM, Mar 15, 2008

Hmmmm Seems that was back when Coach Romar was a good X's and O's coach.

Before anyone takes my comments the wrong way I am just kidding!

Posted by Geno=tiny little man

10:19 AM, Mar 15, 2008

Geno.. blip, blip, blip... that's all you guys are buddy. Little blips on the radar of college basketball for two years. Hope you had your fun this year in a husky blog, that never once said go Ducks, because like it or not Huskies actually hate a school that has decent athletics more than their cross state step child that anyone with a heart beat can get into. Yes Geno, next year i doubt you will post once. UW will be at the top once again and wazzu will be done blipping. And DIck Bennett will be in Indiana. But not to worry short little geno, dawgs will have no business talking trash in coug blogs... because well we honestly have never cared about you guys, and thus wont kick you when you're down. You're like the canada of universities. And you are short geno.

Go Dawgs, F' the ducks... and meow little cougs.

(actually geno, if you would, please actually tell the blog how tall you are. I'm guessing like five six. But without pulling a nate rob and adding a few inches, please tell...)

Posted by Coug4Life

11:25 AM, Mar 15, 2008

For $60K you can buy Ryan Appleby another home game at Hec Ed. in the CBI...which obvioulsy stands for Cash Buy In. After all the good teams are selected for the NCAA's and the above-average teams are selected for the NIT, the CBI will begin auctioning post-season invites. It will be televised on the O Network., slotted right between the breast cancer update and the PMS debate. Good luck Huskies.

Posted by to geno & coug4life

11:57 AM, Mar 15, 2008

As a life long Husky fan (but a graduate from Stanford in 1993), I would just like to say:

SCREW YOU COUGARS! It was fun beating you!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!

Have fun at the tourney, losers! The only drama surrounding the cougs will be if they go one and out or actually win a game.

Also, your program is toast after this year! I'm sure you've had fun winning a few games, but your day in the sun is about to expire. Buh - bye losers!!!!

Posted by im mikey

12:26 PM, Mar 15, 2008

i think this is a telling quote from the news tribune article:
//''
Pondexter has said he can’t be so aggressive on what he considers Brockman’s team, but Brockman said he would welcome it.

“When he’s assertive like that, teams have to step up and do something about it,” Brockman said. “And when he does that, it takes more pressure off other areas. It takes pressure off Ryan’s shooting; it takes pressure off me down low. I think he has to realize that. Everyone can work together.”
''//

Posted by JugHead

12:29 PM, Mar 15, 2008

If you graduated in 1993 that puts you at about 37 years of age. Based on that, I can't believe the comment you just posted. I mean honestly....ha, ha, ha, ha? I don't know about the rest of you but I have always assumed that Geno and Coug4Life are teenagers at best. What's your excuse? Grow up.

Posted by Dawg Pack!

12:32 PM, Mar 15, 2008

thanks for the quote mikey, i had no idea Qpon thought that, thats crazy...gives me hope that he realizes what needs to be done next year

Posted by JugHead

12:37 PM, Mar 15, 2008

I think Qpon has "most improved player" potential for next season. He has moments that just make your jaw drop. Of course the other side of that is that he has moments that just make your jaw drop. Once he figures out his role on this team and matures a little bit in his decision making, he is going to be a special player.

Posted by Geno

12:42 PM, Mar 15, 2008

Although the Cougar's didn't beat Stanford last night it was even funnier to see the Huskies get knocked out in the FIRST ROUND of the Pac-10 Tourney....but then again it didn't come as a surprise. The Huskies played this year like...well, only the Huskies can - CRAPPY and down right COMICAL.

It was fun to see this bunch of over rated, under achievers play. Romar once again proved to me just how bad a college basketball coach he is. He couldn’t get another Div 1 job if his life depended upon it. It is good for him and UW that he has a legal, binding, long term contract. They are a good fit for one another. I couldn’t see Romar coaching anywhere else….he is a Husky through and through – a loser from tip to toe…same as Husky sports.

Your academics are OK…not great and certainly not in the same league as USC , CAL, or STANDFORD. Good schools those three although neither are nowhere near the same class as a Princeton or Harvard – in fact if rated 1 to 10 with Princeton being a 10, USC, CAL, or STANFORD would be a 7. I put UW in the same class as WSU, OREGON, OREGON STATE, ARIZONA, ARIZONA STATE, and UCLA. In the same scale above, the above mentioned seven PAC-10 schools would be around a 5. Good enough to graduate from and be academically acceptable for any career their major was intended for.

Since UW lost already and either destined for the CBI if they so choose to do so (I think they qualify given the crappy play this year and the pony up the $60K or whatever the fee is) I would have to say ‘what’s the point in posting here any longer this year. An idea for you guys would be to have an inside-Tourney…you know, have your players divide into two teams and play each other for personal pride. THAT could be your Post-Season play this year. Heaven knows there is few that want to see your school get embarrassed in the CBI (I still say this sounds like a new government economic index….oh well).

Good bye until next season. May UW be a tad more competitive than they were this year – but then again YOU ARE THE HUSKIES so we can’t expect much.

Posted by Geno

12:47 PM, Mar 15, 2008

Before I forget, there was a laughable post as 11:57 AM stating " SCREW YOU COUGARS! It was fun beating you!"

Gee, what season were you watching when UW beat WSU?? Are you referring to the days of the PAC-5 like someone else posted a few days ago??

Anyway, you sound like you need some hate management classes.

Posted by Geno

12:50 PM, Mar 15, 2008

OK, so you are a Husky but now a Cardinal....that's why you said what you did.

Oh well, still another Husky idiot posting in my eyes.

Posted by Coug4Life

1:15 PM, Mar 15, 2008

Bob:
I have an issue with your comment that the tournament went completely to form. There was one team that managed to suck just a little bit more than predicted. UW is the only team to max out there suckiness and lose to a lower seed in the tournament. Congratulations on another great accomplishment.

Posted by Geno's Mom

1:16 PM, Mar 15, 2008

Geno,
I told you that you weren't allowed to use the internet! Now come and clean your room, I swear if you don't keep off of the internet I will ground you for next weekend and you won't go to Pizza Hut for all you can eat, and Chucky Cheeses called and said that they expect you in at 5:00pm to start your shift

All,
I apologize for little Geno! He really doesn't mean what he says, he has alot of hurt feelings that his dad left us to join the circus.

Posted by Geno's Mom

1:20 PM, Mar 15, 2008

Geno,

All,

Posted by Geno's Mom

1:22 PM, Mar 15, 2008

Geno,

All,

Posted by mukdawg

1:26 PM, Mar 15, 2008

Where is Standford? Is that a new college, because I have not heard of it!

Posted by Coach

2:09 PM, Mar 15, 2008

I think you are wrong about Romar not getting another D-1 job. I am sure a mid-major program would be happy to have him. He coached at St. Louis and at Pepperdine. I think programs at that level would be better for him because although he would still be out-coached, Romar's recruiting ability would allow him to get better talent that can perform without a lot of coaching.

Posted by duponthusky

2:28 PM, Mar 15, 2008

Good job Stanford it looks like you have beaten wsu for the third straight time this year.

Posted by Dawg4Life

3:44 PM, Mar 15, 2008

Thanks Stanford for doing what we can't ever seem to do by beating WSU. Even though they are clearly better than us, it makes us feel better to know that you can beat them. Good job.

Posted by Steve

3:56 PM, Mar 15, 2008

I hate the tournament at Staples. LA fans are too laid-back and it just doesn't feel like an intense college basketball atmosphere. They need to move it around. I appreciate FOX being the mover to get it going again, but they can do a better job.

Posted by Coug4Life

5:31 PM, Mar 15, 2008

Good job UCLA it looks like you have beaten Stanford for the third straight time this year.

See how stupid that sounds coming from a Coug. As if someone else doing something we couldn't do should make us feel better. I guess if you suck as bad as UW you start to grasp at anything to help prop up your fragile egos.

Posted by Cougfan

5:41 PM, Mar 15, 2008

Coug4Life....you are my hero.

Keep up the great work you do on this blog and STICK IT TO THE HUSKIES!

They are slime.....they are woofull....they are despicable…and as the world once again saw – THEY ARE LOSERS!

I see them whining all off season long on this blog about what should have been and could have been. They make me sick. And if anything – the PAC-10 officials were planning their demise all year long. Right Husky fans….the the PAC-10 officials were planning your demise all year long. Idiots!

Posted by SnohomishRick

5:44 PM, Mar 15, 2008

Great great game. I love it that Stanford lost. UCLA is a great team. UW didn't beat them - UCLA beat themselves. There is no way UW could beat them in a must-win game. UW was lucky to win.

Posted by jughead is an @$$hole

9:42 PM, Mar 15, 2008

Hey Jughead,

I think it's just possible that the earlier post was using sarcasm to make a point. Obviously you didn't get it. Yes, I think we're all aware that coug4life and Geno are probably about 12 - 15 years old and dingbats on top of that.

Get a clue you idiot before you start attacking other people's posts!

Carl