Husky Football Blog

Times reporter Bob Condotta keeps the news coming about the Montlake Dawgs.

E-mail Bob| RSS feeds Subscribe | Blog Home

August 12, 2008 4:01 PM

Afternoon practice notes

Just back from the media availability portion of practice today and here's what we saw:

--- The Huskies were in full pads looking ready for some heavy work.

--- The list of those not in full pads was: QB Jake Locker (hamstring), RBs Brandon Johnson (knee) and Brandon Yakaboski (hip flexor), DB Anthony Gobern (leg), CB Byron Davenport (ankle) and TE Michael Gottlieb (hamstring). All have previously disclosed injuries and are apparently all "day-to-day.''

--- Among the visitors to practice was two of the top recruits in the state --- Prosser WR Kirby Moore and Skyline WR Gino Simone. Locker talked to the pair for five minutes or so while the rest of the team was warming up.

--- Locker looked like he tried to jog for a second after being called to the practice field but resorted to a fast walk, instead. His leg was still heavily taped.

--- There were no apparent position changes.

Posted by no big deal?

4:26 PM, Aug 12, 2008

Jake's still heavily taped and can't jog. But I'm sure the injury is no big deal.

Posted by jh

4:29 PM, Aug 12, 2008

...just attempting to keep the willingham Titantic Tea Party interesting and honest...I mean how many posters does it take to wax poetic about when Locker will start running again?...and by the way...did you realize with the disqualification of the "Fingered Four"...willingham's 24 rating/ranking with Rivals fell to 35th...what would you do without me?...

Posted by Reality Check

4:38 PM, Aug 12, 2008

jh --

Yes, our program sucks and our athletic dept. is a joke. We can't even put together a stadium project. All in all, we're a steaming pile. Can you go now? At what point will you cease to bless us with your wisdom? Because I'm ready for that time!

Posted by poster

4:39 PM, Aug 12, 2008

Speculating here, but if he started to jog and then stopped, it was probably because he thought about it and decided to not stress out the hamstring. I think that is much more likely than him feeling some pain or being physically prevented from doing it.

I'm not worried by that at all, in fact, kudos to him for the discipline.

Posted by jh

4:42 PM, Aug 12, 2008

...why?...this season with willingham still at the helm should be worth a "negadawgs" weight in comedic gold...

Posted by jh

4:44 PM, Aug 12, 2008

...congratulations "poster"...you just proved my point...

Posted by hungry

4:44 PM, Aug 12, 2008

Quick question - who serves the best pizza in Seattle? Football fans should know this, right? I'm really hungry

Posted by Reality Check

4:49 PM, Aug 12, 2008

jh --

I'm serious here, so please answer my question(s). I'm sure a number of folks are wondering the same thing.

What exactly is your situation? You don't have to give exact details, but just generally speaking, what's your deal?

Age
Location (very general)
Team you root for
Why you are here/what you get out of posting here
What you hope to accomplish

Also, in a hypothetical world, will you stop posting if Ty gets fired? And then, would you follow him to his next coaching stop (if any)?

I'm actually curious, so please share

Posted by poster

4:52 PM, Aug 12, 2008

I'm not sure how I proved your point, except to you. But, I'm hardly the one to get in a debate with you as I don't think much of what you say on here really matters. In fact, I'm pretty sure the consensus is that it doesn't.

Either way, enlighten me, how did I prove your point?

Posted by jh

4:53 PM, Aug 12, 2008

Name: Jim Halpert
Age: Late 20's
Location: Scranton, PA
Team I root for: Penn St.

Posted by andrew

4:54 PM, Aug 12, 2008

Sure and I'm Michael Scott

Posted by jh

4:55 PM, Aug 12, 2008

...you know...I answered similar questions from husky4ever on the Husky Forum...and the next thing you know...he's telling me that he was molested in grade school during the '50s...I'm still not sure why he told me that...seeing that he didn't also ask for my address...so...what's your story?...

Posted by pdxdawg

4:55 PM, Aug 12, 2008

I try to skim all the posts on here throughout the day, and just skip JH's comments altogether, which is getting kind of tiresome, becasue it seems like the overall percentage of his posts are growing exponentially. Not saying there's a solution to this problem, as there's no stopping people who want to be a complete jackass, but I'm just venting some frustration here I guess.

Posted by jh

4:56 PM, Aug 12, 2008

...that "Halpert" post wasn't from me...'ya think Condotti will enforce his own rules?...

Posted by Reality Check

4:57 PM, Aug 12, 2008

wow -- more than I was fishing for...

But I guess the real meat of my profile question related more to the series of questions about what brings you here, why you post, and if you plan to follow Ty to his next (hypothetical) stop.

You know. It just seems kinda strange that a guy from Scranton, PA who roots for the Nitanny Lions is on here posting left and right. What brings here here to a Husky blog in Seattle? What do you get from posting? And will you ever move on to greener pastures or do you think you'll forever be blogging about Husky football?

Posted by hungry

4:58 PM, Aug 12, 2008

DAMMIT PEOPLE I WANT SOME PIZZA!!

Posted by Jimmy 2 Shakes

4:58 PM, Aug 12, 2008

Jake is probably under strict orders to not jog or run yet. He probably just caught himself before he actually broke into a jog.

I hope they hold him out until early next week and then get after it full go.

Posted by andrew

4:59 PM, Aug 12, 2008

For you older Dawgs, Jim Halpert is a character from "The Office"

Posted by pdxdawg

4:59 PM, Aug 12, 2008

Sorry, I have to continue my rant for a minute. I think I'm so frustrated because it's easy to just bypass everything JH has to say just by looking to see who posted. But with SO many people responding to what he has to say (and in the couple years I've been on here, I realize what he has to say is NEVER going to change), I find it difficult to sort through all the conversation that revolves around his lack of insight. Seriously, over half of the posts have either been from JH or too JH today. Isn't there better things to talk about with the season less than three weeks away?

Posted by onewoodwacker

5:00 PM, Aug 12, 2008

Now I know why jh is having such a hard time being a happy, positive human:

DETROIT (Map, News) - Detroit and Flint have made Forbes magazine's list of what it calls the nation's 10 fastest-dying cities.

Only Ohio has more cities on the list with four: Canton, Cleveland, Dayton and Youngstown.
Forbes says the cities are there because of their declining populations and slow economic growth.
Also making the list are Buffalo, N.Y., Charleston, W.Va.; Springfield, Mass., and Scranton, Pa.

jh - aren't you from Scranton Pa?

Posted by Munchies

5:00 PM, Aug 12, 2008

Northlake Tavern for the pizza. Pagliacci's isn't bad either, especially after a couple bongers. Is Atlantic Street Pizza still around in the U-District? That was the thickest pie ever.

Posted by poster

5:01 PM, Aug 12, 2008

pdxdawg, where are you at in Portland?

I live in Hillsboro and work downtown.

Posted by Reality Check

5:01 PM, Aug 12, 2008

40-ish
Puget sound area
Husky fan my whole life
Went to another pac10 school but could never change my loyalties -- even after 4 years on The Farm
Season ticket holder

Posted by jh

5:01 PM, Aug 12, 2008

...if I wasn't here...bobbi would have to invent me...I mean...just how many Locker hamstring posting can you stomach?...poster...

Posted by jh

5:03 PM, Aug 12, 2008

...I was being facetious, delusional, I couldn't care less what your story is...

Posted by poster

5:06 PM, Aug 12, 2008

jh, I'm sorry I didn't see that point earlier. But, it was a topic in the thread and there were some questions about it, so apparently it was pretty easy to stomach another one. By the way, isn't that what you just posted about? And twice apparently? And YOU are talking about how many more postings we can stomach when you are a universal acid on this blog and have maybe had 2 posts that were constructive?

When you post it doesn't really bother me, but that's just because I don't take it seriously. But, so be it, hopefully Jake heals quickly and we don't have to talk about his hamstring anymore, I agree with you on that.

Posted by pdxdawg

5:19 PM, Aug 12, 2008

poster- Live in West Linn, but like you I work downtown (Pearl District). Not a lot of us Dawg fans this far south. Of course, I'm sure our situation is nothing compared to that of Eugenhusky (who I haven't seen on here in awhile; I kind of miss his insight).

Posted by Happyrock Husky

5:40 PM, Aug 12, 2008

To the pdx area fans, there are more of us here than you realize. I live in Gladstone.

Posted by Husky19

5:41 PM, Aug 12, 2008

jh,

What's your deal with Ty, seriously? I need to know why you come to a Husky blog, blast the coach constantly and give sarcastic answers to all the loyal husky fans.

UW fans have WAY more to be upset with him than you do (assuming you are actually a ND fan). He didn't ruin ND, his 3 year record there is almost exactly what Weis has after 3 years.

Weis had 3 WINS LAST YEAR, 9 CONSECUTIVE LOSSES!!! Where's your anger regarding Weis? Just because Weis can recruit doesn't mean ND will win and it sure doesn't mean he is a good college coach. In fact you should be more upset because he takes good players and makes them worse.

Your hate for Ty makes one really wonder what it is about him that you don't like. I mean the guy hasn't coached at ND for 3 years now, going on 4 and you still have that much animosity for him? There is more to it, there has to be.

Do you think Ty being a ND coach and a permanent part of the ND history is a blemish on ND football?

Posted by Darwin McCoy

5:56 PM, Aug 12, 2008

Sure hope Locker is ready to play by the time they come to Autzen, could be along night without him and probably even with him at full strength. I think the Ducks will be a very tough team to beat this season and especially at home.

Posted by ArtV

6:04 PM, Aug 12, 2008

"did you realize with the disqualification of the "Fingered Four"...willingham's 24 rating/ranking with Rivals fell to 35th...what would you do without me?..."

I just looked at Rivals and UW is still #24. Is this some sort of re-ranking you did based on removing ineligibles? If so, did you check the other 34 schools you have ahead of Washington to see if all of their recruits are eligible?

Posted by Robbie G

7:07 PM, Aug 12, 2008

Not jogging could be written off as "being disciplined," but the fact that it's taped (HEAVILY) should be cause for concern. Willingham's tight lipped approach isn't helping matters, fans shouldn't have to resort to a player's father giving us the latest.

Posted by Robbie G

7:08 PM, Aug 12, 2008

Sorry, I should've been specific in my last post, I am not a husky fan, I am a fan of college football.

Posted by Madison Park Steve

7:15 PM, Aug 12, 2008

Could still be taped just to keep it totally immobilized and speed up the healing.

Posted by truck72

7:30 PM, Aug 12, 2008

REALITY CHECK -

You sound like a little schoolgirl!
"Our program sucks" and "All in all, we're a steaming pile, will you please go away now and quit picking on us".

Instead of crying over a bunch of nonsense from a random jackass, why don't you toughen up and get fired up for football season! You are a sad excuse for a Husky fan.

Posted by jh

8:00 PM, Aug 12, 2008

...gosh...I wonder when Jake will start jogging?....

Posted by truck72 is an @$$hole

9:05 PM, Aug 12, 2008

truck72 --

learn the definition of sarcasm you dipsh-t

Posted by Formerly Guest

9:46 PM, Aug 12, 2008

RC and others interested in JH,

I would not take this link literally, but I think it answers a lot of questions about what sort of person our friend is, why he hangs out here, etc.

The similarities between the person in this link and our JH pal are striking-

Posted by Seattle Dave

10:24 PM, Aug 12, 2008

jh is jim harrigan of redondo beach, ca, as he has said many times before. I will give him this much and this much only, he is awfully brave to put as much of his personal info on the net as he does, considering how dedicated he is to pissing 100's of people off.

Posted by DUCK

8:53 AM, Aug 13, 2008

Think you guys are frustrated now?.....

Just wait until Aug 30th

130 Decibels of deafening, belligerent Green and Yellow fun

I kid.. I actually really like your traveling fans. Much better than those fools from the Pa louse. I had a lot of fun up in Seattle last year. Jake Locker is a freak of nature. Hope he heals up well so we can beat you guys at semi-full strength.

Now, try to mentally will your team to at least not getting beat by 21 or more this year.

Posted by Truth

10:03 AM, Aug 13, 2008

Not a Husky fan but after checking Pac-Ten blogs (Thanks Espn's MIller) I can't help but wonder the effect they have on recruiting. All I see here is bemoaning the upcoming season and the coach. If I am a top recruit I see Washington as a school with a losing team, an angry fan base, and instability at coach. Would you want to come here given all that? Good facilities, tradition and a scenic stadium lose their effect in this climate. How about some optimism?

Posted by Reality Check

10:08 AM, Aug 13, 2008

Truth,

12 - 35 over a four year period makes a fan base pretty pissy. Four years of sucking gets old. And a coach that is 11 - 25 doesn't do much to improve the mood.

Now consider the team hadn't had a losing season in over a quarter century prior to this four year run. Yeah, it's brutal. I can't fault anyone for being beyond unhappy with the whole affair.

Posted by truck72

10:29 AM, Aug 13, 2008

Reality Check-

When will the crying & whining stop? For god's sake, the season hasn't even started yet and your already bellyaching like a 90 year old woman!

You must be a real fun person to be around.

Posted by Ben Casanova

12:23 PM, Aug 13, 2008

Turn those frowns upside down!!!!!

Fall camp is and should be exciting. Even Duke and Weber State try to enjoy fall camp.

The time for misery and disgust wont gegin until Aug. 30th. Dont rush it.

Posted by Duck Fan

7:15 AM, Aug 14, 2008

This is one Duck who very much hopes that a healthy and happy (well, maybe not happy) Jake Locker is on the field come Aug. 30. Hate to see great players and hard working kids on the sideline. It would taint a UO victory!

Husky nightcap, day 10