Husky Football Blog

Times reporter Bob Condotta keeps the news coming about the Montlake Dawgs.

E-mail Bob| RSS feeds Subscribe | Blog Home

July 1, 2008 10:14 PM

Huskies in state all-star game

A reminder that the Washington East vs. West All-State Summer Classic is Thursday night in Spokane at Central Valley High. Kickoff is 7 p.m. and cost is $7.

Five future Huskies were on the original rosters --- Johri Fogerson, Senio Kelemete, Demitrius Bronson, Drew Schaefer and Justin Glenn.

UPDATE: Fogerson won't be playing. He didn't make it out to Spokane. His ride there fell through. "I didn't have a ride," he said. "If I had a ride, I would have gotten out there."

Otherwise, he said he's had a solid summer. "I've just been lifting and running, getting ready for the Dub."
-Tom Wyrwich

The Spokesman-Review promises coverage this week in its SportsLink blog and had this story today, though it didn't mention any of the Huskies on the page I was able to access (you have to be a subscriber to get the whole thing).

We also will have a preview story and a game story in the Times, as well (I am not attending). If I get updates on the Huskies in this game I will pass them along.

Posted by 2Tite 4U FoSho

11:22 PM, Jul 01, 2008

Posted by Houston Dawg

5:45 AM, Jul 02, 2008

Why didn't Middleton make this sqaud? Or did he opt out?

Posted by Jordan

7:34 AM, Jul 02, 2008

Seattle Dave,

You brought up Hugh Millen point that coaches who do not succeed in the first 3 years rarely do. Hugh was saying well Don James won the Rose Bowl in his third season.

I have 2 things to say to that first that was a far different time in college football. Many teams in the Pac-10 like Cal, Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford could be easily beaten. Football was not seen as a priority like it is today. And that has to do with the money the schools can now bring in. I don't know numbers but I would guess that most if not all of the teams in the Pac-10 have a football program that can pay for the entire athletic dept (except WSU). So every team in the Pac-10 wants to field a winning team.

Secondly, the comparison to Don James is not fair. I am not putting James down. I love him and think he is by far the best coach we have ever had at UW in any sport. And he is a better coach than Ty. However, James record in his first 3 seasons was 6-5 in 1975 with a team that had 7 players drafted in the NFL. James went 5-6 in 1976 his second season and had 3 players drafted in the NFL. And in 1977 he went 8-4, beat Michigan in the Rose Bowl and had two players drafted in the NFL. In 1977 he lost four games but is credited with only losing two and going 10-2 because UCLA and Miss. St. forfeited the game because they used an ineligible player. He also had Warren Moon on that team who was not drafted by the NFL out of College.

I love Don James but the fact is he began his coaching career in a different era with more talent. Just read Bob's post and look at who we have had drafted the last few years. This is Ty's second year with a talented quarterback, the excuses are over, he needs to win. But Hugh Millen's comparison and yours is not a fair one.

Posted by Finn Hill Dawg

7:54 AM, Jul 02, 2008

Millen was not comparing Tyrone to James.

He went back and looked at hundreds of coaches over the past several decades.

Most coaches that started out as poorly as Tyrone through 3 years weren't brought back for a fourth year.

Of those that were, a tiny fraction were ever able to be successful.

Hugh's point was that you can look at the first three years of a coaches tenure at a school and have a good sense of where things are headed.

Let's note though, that his numbers didn't take into account the situations in which these coaches took over.

I think we can all agree that tangible, on-field progress must be shown this year or Ty will be gone.

Posted by Dismayed

7:57 AM, Jul 02, 2008

July 2, 2007: 6 verbal commits.

July 2, 2008: 0 verbal commits.

Looks like Tyrone still can't find his bullets.

Posted by RedDawg

8:21 AM, Jul 02, 2008

The Spokougar Review made no mention of any Huskies? Now that's surprising! Here's praying that all of our recruits, er bullets, stay healthy during this game. July 2nd, 2007-6 verbal commits. It's widely accepted that last year had many more studs in state. Don't fret Dismayed. Sounds as if Coleman from Garfield is close to making his decision. Go Dawgs!

Posted by Formerly Guest

8:34 AM, Jul 02, 2008

Jordan,
I think your point is very well articulated, and very convincing.

That having been said, no comaprison will be perfect or fair, whether comparing TW to Don James, Frnak Beamer, Gerry Faust, etc.

Comparing the start of last season to the start of the 1977 season is not a perfect comparison, but it is one of the closest approximations we can get as to what MIGHT happen with our program in the next 18 months.

Posted by Seattle Dave

9:16 AM, Jul 02, 2008

Jordan, I wasn't talking about Hugh's remark that DJ won the Rose Bowl in year 3. I agree that would be an unfair standard due to different times and circumstances.

I was talking about another time when Hugh looked at the careers of ALL (yes literally all) major cfb coaches and found that a very small % ever achieved a winning season at a school if it didn't happen by year 3. Unfortunately I don't recall the exact numbers but it was on the order of 1%.

Ultimately we agree about Ty: the excuses are over, he needs to win now. If he does, I'll be his biggest fan I promise you.

Posted by OlyDawg

9:25 AM, Jul 02, 2008

If our first commit is Deandre Coleman (4 star recruit), it will create a great deal of momentum for our recruiting.

I hope Deandre and his mom had a great day at UW yesterday. I can attest that the campus looked great yesterday in the sun.

Anyone have any idea what are our chances are with Devon Kennard (#1 DE in the country)? I heard rumblings weeks ago that he was considering UW. Any word lately?

Posted by C-Town

9:26 AM, Jul 02, 2008

Fogerson was a no show.

Posted by Garret S

9:54 AM, Jul 02, 2008

Dismayed: Last years in-state class was alot stronger than this years class. Don't worry yet.

OlyDawg: Kennard recently cut his list down to 5 and UW wasn't on it.

Posted by Designtime

9:56 AM, Jul 02, 2008

Come on,
Don James' record in first 3 years vs Ty's?
Even though that has nothing to do with Hugh Millen's numbers I will comment.

Can you see how 2-9, 5-7, 4-9 does't compare very well?

Posted by Ty is God

10:09 AM, Jul 02, 2008

You guys will thank me for calling the NAACP when Ty was hired and then this past year when he was retained. It's all the hard working people like me that have done the legwork to have Ty W. as our coach. He is going to show all you haters which end is up and you will rue the day you turned into a piece of crap husky hater.

Posted by OlyDawg

10:09 AM, Jul 02, 2008

It was a long shot with Kennard, but I liked that we were even on his radar. That guy is an animal. He'll surely be playing in the NFL in 5 years time.

We really need to lock down a few local commits. I'd love to see Gino Simone, Coleman, or Trufant commit soon and start the ball rolling. Actually, anyone at this point would great.

Posted by revolution

10:20 AM, Jul 02, 2008

Hugh Millen was on KJR this morning saying he has a lot of concerns about Tyrone's program and that this looks like a 5 win season to him.

Posted by hawgs n dawgs

10:22 AM, Jul 02, 2008

USC has offered Eric Smiley. We haven't because ... ???

Posted by mike@mike.com

10:30 AM, Jul 02, 2008

How did MIddletone or Kearse not make this team? Did they have other commitments?

Posted by Reality Check

10:32 AM, Jul 02, 2008

DesignTime --

We're not supposed to mention 11 - 25. shhhhhh

We talk about tough schedules, played a team tough, getting better, Jake 2.0, recruiting (last year's -- not this year's disaster), never quit, hope, dreams, and unicorns.

In short, it's not about winning and losing. It's about blind support for a guy who couldn't coach a Pop Warner team to a .500 record.

I'm so tired of people selling the UW football program short. We were #3 in attendance in the pac10 despite 4 losing years in a row. (Five years without a winning campaign.) We have amazing fans, decent facilities, incredible history, and much to be proud of. Yet all I hear is how tough it is to win here or what a mess things are... Excuse after excuse after excuse for why we went 4 - 9 last year. Well, I for one am tired of people running down the program in an effort to make excuses for Ty's complete failure as head coach.

Tedford found a way to win at Cal. Have you ever gone to their stadium? It's a hole. And the fans there pale in comparison to what we bring to the stadium every Saturday. There is more support for Husky football by accident than Cal gets on purpose! And yet, here's Tedford in and out of the top 10 rankings year after year. It's funny. I don't see him making excuses. I see him winning.

Dang it. We have to expect to win and stop this garbage about accepting losses. If Ty can't do it, then get someone who can. We've paid the guy $4.5 million and for what? Four and freakin' nine last year??? But he'll give some dead fish interview after another loss about how, "We're getting there. It's a process." Yeah, it's a process of getting rich while we sit there and watch the worst Husky football of my lifetime!

Anyway, Ty might be a good man, but he's a terrible football coach. And frankly even a 7 win season won't change my feelings on the matter. If he can string together multiple 7+ win seasons, then I might come around. But then again, he's never done that in his entire career, so why should we expect it to happen now?

Please Dawg fans. Don't sell our great program short. We shouldn't be hoping and praying for 6 win seasons and the Emerald Bowl. We should be hoping and praying for a national title shot, targeting 2 or more Rose Bowl appearances per decade, and view 2nd and 3rd tier bowls as acceptable while we build back up to a Rose Bowl or national title run. We're not a 2nd rate, garbage program. I fear that some people are beginning to think that we are, though. Moreover, if we begin to think it, and believe it, guess what...? We actually will become a 2nd rate, garbage program.

Posted by OlyDawg

10:43 AM, Jul 02, 2008

I gotta agree on Eric Smiley. We need to offer this guy ASAP. Huge (6'5" 280) 4 star recruit with ties to Washington, and would love to come back to Seattle.

Unless grades or test scores are a question, I don't see why we aren't offering him.

Perhaps we are waiting to see about the other DT we offered (other than Coleman), Latu Heimuli (4 star, 6'4" 305) from Utah?

Posted by Dawg Fan On Campus

10:52 AM, Jul 02, 2008

Reality Check-

You talk up Tedford like he is a god. Yes, he has done a good job at Cal, but you forget he let his team collapse and quite last year, a team that was suppose to compete for the Pac-10 title and a BCS game (Week 6 ranking of #2 in the country). He has had winning records, but when you let your team quit and squander an entire season there are some issues with your coaching. TW has not gotten the wins like we all have hoped for, but he has not let his team quit either. His teams have competed hard and if there a few breaks that go the Huskies' way last year (i.e. not fumbling late in games to set up winning drives for opponents, catching a pass in the endzone as time expires in Hawaii) we are talking a bowl game.

I am not happy with the results in his 3 years by any means, but the feeling I get on campus is a good one. From the players I know and talk to on campus, they like Ty and a fire would cause more turmoil. People keep bashing his recruiting, but he has done a good job recently. Getting a top 20 class with the records we have had is saying something. I want verbals soon like everyone else, but it is harder when the in state class is not as strong. The tide is turning, I can feel it. How many wins that turns into this year, I don't know. I do know we are going to be competitive and that the ducks better be ready for a hard nosed, tough game on the 30th or Autzen is going to be empty by the 4th quarter.

Go Dawgs!

Posted by dawg4life

11:04 AM, Jul 02, 2008

Reality,

Tedford was the subject of much scrutiny last year at 6-6 in the regular season. I would dare say if he repeats that feat this season he may well be on a very hot seat, or even fired outright. Such is the pressure of football at this level now.

I agree with you that Ty may not be the right guy long term here, but I do think he was the right guy to take us out of the hell hole that Rick and Keith and Bab's left us in.

And honestly, "blind support"?... from whom specifically?

I think Emmert has made it pretty clear the expectations, and I frankly see very few blindly supporting Ty...and "terrible coach who couldn't lead a Pop Warner team to .500"?

Drop the drama....it taints your entire argument.

Posted by Chris Miller

11:11 AM, Jul 02, 2008

New look for Cal?...That's how it appears on NCAA '09.

Looks like a stripe on the helmets and a different style from Nike. Interesting change...

GO DAWGS!

Posted by Reality Check

11:11 AM, Jul 02, 2008

I'd take what Tedford has done at Cal over what Willingham has done at UW everyday of the week and twice on Sunday!

I'm certainly not worshipping at the alter of Jeff Tedford, but I just tossed out an example. I think there are a lot of coaches out there winning with "less" (facilities, fan support, money, players, etc.), so I'm tired of hearing excuses for Ty.

As for the tide turning, that was my feeling going from year 2 to year 3. But then we took a major step backward. I went from ardent Ty supporter to where I am now.

Anyway, the point of my post was to suggest that UW football is bigger than Ty. If he can't do it, then let's get someone who can. I feel like we're selling our program short. Sure, Gerberding, Hedges, and Turner did a ton of damage. But you can't fake or deny 70,000 fans there each home game.

At any rate, Ty has really rubbed me the wrong way lately. What I dismissed as quiet confidence 2 years ago now seems like arrogant hubris. His interviews drive me nuts, and he seems to lack passion -- even when circumstances might make it appropriate.

If he wins 7 games, I say give him the 5th year. If he can win 7 or more that year, then maybe a short extension. If he keeps it going for 4 consecutive years, then we should talk about long term deals to lock him up. But for right now, I just feel like everyone is viewing 6 or 7 wins this year as some act of God or something. My gosh. I would expect him to be winning at this point. So to suggest he's "on the right track" with 6 wins this year seems like we're sure setting the bar awfully low.

I guess I'm just really ready for the season to finally start. But on the flip side of the coin, it just kind of bums me out to go into with a belief that we'll be lucky to scratch out 5 wins as long as Ty is leading this team.

Posted by Reality Check

11:17 AM, Jul 02, 2008

Okay, I'll admit the Pop Warner thing might be a little over the top. I was chatting w/ a friend last night who is also a huge Husky fan, and we made the mistake of chatting about the '07 season. It didn't exactly do wonders for my Ty support when I thought back to last year's highlights. Particularly the Hawaii game to put a final cherry on top of that lovely sundae.

At any rate, you're right. It was a bit over the top. But I find the notion that Ty has done something great by winning 6 games in '08 to be equally idiotic. (Yes, I'm mocking my own comment while taking a shot at the other side.) I'm willing to see this year through with Ty in the driver's seat. But let's keep things real here. If Ty wins 6 or 7 games, it's not exactly time to build a bronze statue for the guy. If he were to do that and then win 25 - 30 games over the next 3 years... now we're onto something!

Posted by Reality Check

11:20 AM, Jul 02, 2008

The whole point of my initial post was to suggest that it's pathetic to be hoping for a 6 or 7 win season. Great programs see 6 or 7 wins as rebuilding -- not success. I guess I'm not willing to give up on the notion that we have the capacity to be a great program. (With the right leadership.)

Posted by dawg4life

11:28 AM, Jul 02, 2008

And IMHO, I think there is no way Ty keeps his job without at least a bowl appearance. 6-6 and no bowl and Emmert cans him.

Posted by Dawg Fan On Campus

11:31 AM, Jul 02, 2008

Reality-

I would have to agree with your last post. It might be your most articulate and insightful that I have read yet. I agree the way he goes about his business is irratating, especially to true fans who want a passionate coach to reach out to them. However, I feel the way he has turned around a program that was at rock bottom and now bringing in a top 20 recruiting class is worth some credit. He might not be the right guy for the long run, but I feel he is the right guy to lead this team out of misery to a better place. Will he eventually be the guy to bring national championships back to Montlake? Probably not, but for now I feel what he is doing with those kids is getting us back to competitive football. Some argue that was the feeling they had going into last year (I was one of those optimistic fans) and it is too late. Well he is here this year for sure and we need to rally around him and the team. After this season we can talk about whatever, but for now I feel the only legitiment arguement is going to be the games (it just sucks that is still 58 days away).

Go Dawgs!

Posted by Gabe

11:37 AM, Jul 02, 2008

Reality---I feel your pain, but I think the burden of it all is affecting your objectivity----which is unusual for you, since you usually have a grim fatalism about you. Here is the basic reality, Reality: We Are Where We Are. If TW wins (actually I should say the team and the assistants win) 6 games, that will be seen as substantial progress, moving the program back in the right direction, pulling it out of the ditch, so to speak. That's going to be enough to finish his contract. If he doesn't win 6 games, perhaps a different story. If he gets another year and doesn't do better than 6 wins in '09, then perhaps he isn't renewed. Lots of moving pieces and a number of decisionmakers who haven't shown theirhands, one of whom hasn't even been hired. This is where we are. Frustrations are irrelevant. But it is okay to vent, as you've been doing, because you have half a million people in western Washington right there with you, me included. Troy Must Be Destroyed (ducks definitively demolished)

Posted by Seattle Dave

11:40 AM, Jul 02, 2008

I love it when people bash Tedford for his team's collapse last year. Yeah they collapsed all right, to an overall 7-6 with a bowl win. His worst season in 6 years, after taking over a 1-10 team that had a high water mark of 6-6 in the 8 years before his arrival. Winners win.

Posted by Formerly Guest

11:41 AM, Jul 02, 2008

RC,

Great post, where you cite the unicorns.

Great argument. That having been said, I am still a TW supporter. Like most, I am lukewarm.

If Tedfords grew on trees, and it was easy to find a guy to turn a 2nd rate garbage program into a winner in 2-3 years, I would be less patient.

Like Emmert and everyone else, I am nervous about our future. But at this point, I don't think there is enough data to fire people. I feel, not all that strongly, that firing the staff right now slows our return to prominence rather than speeds it up.

I will feel much less ambivalent by November when we have more data, obviously. At that point, I coudl say more definitively if firing the staff would make the program better.

One of my pals is a Cal fan and alum. He admits, people are making a lot of noise about Tedford's job security, given the underachievement next year. But, he points out, this is the best coach they have had since Dwight Eisenhower was president. He thinks Cal needs to think like WSU with Mike Price when people wanted him fired during the lean years after the 1997 rose bowl. Had WSU fired Price then, I don't think they would have made those 2 rose bowls this decade.

Firing Tedford after another 0.500 year will not make Cal a better program. Yet like every program, there are idiot fans there who think it will.

Posted by Formerly Guest

11:46 AM, Jul 02, 2008

I meant underachievement LAST year, not next year.

Posted by ag

12:28 PM, Jul 02, 2008

Last years team blew at least three games out right in the 4th qtr. Games against weaker opponants that they should have one. That means they should have won at least 7 games. That also means that winning 6 or 7 games this year is not progress. I'm thinking that winning 8 or 9 is progress, 6 or 7 is treading water. I am fully expecting the 8 or 9.

Posted by Formerly Guest

12:31 PM, Jul 02, 2008

Ag,
I think Cal gave us one last year. That might lower your projections by 1.

Bob,
Dumb question. Did Murchison graduate? (If so, good for him). Hasty hasn't graduated yet. Does his departure affect our ABR (or whatever that academic rating is) negatively?

Thanks.

Posted by Rude Dawg

1:53 PM, Jul 02, 2008

Cal didn't give us anything. We kicked their butt up and down the field. Let's give credit where credit is due.

Posted by Geronimo

2:22 PM, Jul 02, 2008

Excuses are starting already for Fogerson. He should fit in well with Tyrone.

Couldn't he bum a ride from one of his 4 future teammates that are heading that way?

Posted by Seattle Dave

2:35 PM, Jul 02, 2008

Last year, guys were getting criticized on this blog for risking injury by playing in this meaningless exhibition game just for fun.

Now this year, Johri (an 18 year old kid remember) is getting criticized for NOT taking a week out of his last pre-college summer to play in this meaningless exhibition game.

Gotta love the internet.

Posted by Formerly Guest

2:39 PM, Jul 02, 2008

Rude Dawg,

I was out of town for the game. My impression comes from my Cal buddies. Cal gave a number of games away to lesser opponents. I think they may have come out as less than inspired against us, perhaps in a funk as they stopped getting along and lost motivation when their BCS plans dried up. They did seem to tank a lot of the 2nd half of the season. Their game against Stanford...ugh. Sure, it was a rivalry game. But that Stanford team was bad.

If they didn't give us the game, at least in part, they did give us the opportunity to receive the kickoff, to start BOTH halves.

I am glad we won, but there may have been some extenuating circumstances for our opponent that day.

Posted by Rude Dawg

2:53 PM, Jul 02, 2008

FG, I was at the game. I think Cal thought they could just go through the motions and get a win, but I don't think they gave us the game.

We didn't turn the ball over, dominated the line of scrimmage, and turned in a fairly complete performance.

It wasn't the Cal team from the first half of last season, but I feel like we played a solid game that day and nothing was given to us.

Posted by dawg4life

3:01 PM, Jul 02, 2008

Hey Seattle Dave,

It was, and is Cal fans that were, and are trashing Tedford for 7-6 last year. Of course we'd have taken 7-6 in a heartbeat. But the truth of Division 1 football is, as a head coach, once you set the bar high, you dam well better keep it there if you're gonna stay employed.

Posted by Seattle Dave

3:06 PM, Jul 02, 2008

Amen to that dawg4life. That's why they get the big $$.

I was at last year's Cal game too and on that day we certainly looked like the better coached team as Tedford admitted afterward. They screwed up the coin toss and ended up kicking off to us twice; turned the ball over three times; and had a key meltdown late in the game where they went from 1st and 10 on our 33 to 3rd and 22 on our 45. Meanwhile we came out and basically ran over 'em with Rankin and Johnson. So credit where credit is due, Ty won that round.

Posted by Formerly Guest

3:10 PM, Jul 02, 2008

Rude Dawg,
point taken.

Posted by old dawg

3:17 PM, Jul 02, 2008

Re: Smiley.

Just like some of the Hawaii players last year...there's no way the coaches are not aware of him. There can be any of a number of reasons why they have not offered. Not the least of which is possible character issues, for which the Ty-bashers would nail him for if he turned out like Murchison or Roof.

Ty's job is on the line. Yes, he's responsible for his choices. But he must be allowed to make his choices, and live and die by them.

One other thing...nearly every year we find out after the fact that one or more of the players long ago had made their decision to be dawgs before announcing it. Having no public declarations is not the same as not having any at all. Could be but not necessarily.

Posted by dawg4life

3:52 PM, Jul 02, 2008

I throughly enjoyed that butt kicking from the south section myself Dave.

Here's to about 7 or 8 of those this year, with Bellotti first in line.

I was on board when Ty arrived. I am ready to move forward now, with or without him but you probably won't find anyone who wishes he would succeed here more than me.

Spot 8-10 wins a year here, keep the program clean, and compete for the BCS bowls annually. I wish it was him.

Posted by Gabe

4:12 PM, Jul 02, 2008

Johri was smart not to go to that game. Better to stay here and get in another workout. I saw something a while back speculating he might have a shot at being in the rotation this year at running back, perhaps even starting. Is that realistic at all? Is he slated to redshirt? Does he fit best at running back or safety? Troy Must Be Destroyed (dastardly ducks demolished)

Posted by Jordan

4:35 PM, Jul 02, 2008

The make up of Husky nation.

State #1: Hate Ty, will never like him no matter how many wins he has, thinks he should have never been hired and should have been fired two seasons ago

State #2: Love Ty, wins are secondary, has returned the program to respectability off the field and eventually if given enough time will on the field as well

State #3: So sick of losing, don't care who the coach is, don't care who the players are nor what they are doing off the field as long as we win

State #4: Thinks this is 1992 and Washington just won the national championship, is a top program in the country and the top program in the Pac-10, and feels if Ty doesn't win 10 games a year he is underachieving

State #5: Will give Ty this season to prove he can do it, being realistic and knowing where this program was when he took it over, feel if he can't win this season he should not be the coach at UW and will be replaced with a coach who can win on the field and hold the team accountable off

I know this isn't 1992 and I am sick of losing. I don't love Ty and I don't hate Ty. I want to give him a fair opportunity. Which means he gets this year to show he can win or he's gone. Seems like everyone on here is making one of these 5 arguments and has for the last 6 months if not longer. I want to win but I also don't want to do it the way we did in 2000. I think it was disgraceful and UW is better than that. Winning at all costs is not doing justice to all of the players who won and did it with class for 100 years. I'm state #5. And I think he deserves one more year with the support of everyone hoping he will succeed and no excuses if he doesn't. This is the last time I'm entering into this discussion. I'm sick of having it. He's the coach, get over it, and support him.

Posted by Gabe

4:56 PM, Jul 02, 2008

Jordan--you missed the states of bliss, euphoria, disbelief, denial, shock, grief and depression. But it's a big tent and there's room for all. Troy Must Be Destroyed (ducks demolished)

Posted by Jordan

5:56 PM, Jul 02, 2008

Gabe no I didn't.

State #1 Denial, disbelief

State #2 Denial, euphoria

State #3 Shock, grief, depression

State #4 Denial, Bliss

State #5 Reality

Posted by onewoodwacker

6:19 PM, Jul 02, 2008

Tedford will probably be leaving CAL after this year. He was clear in his desire to have facilities built, he was promised those facilities by the Cal President when he signed his extension last year and then the protesters came out of the woodwork. The protesters were successful in court at stopping the proposed facilities and Tedford will be named the new head coach at Tennessee when Fulmer is fired at the end of this year (just kidding about Fulmer).

Posted by Red Canyon Husky

9:41 PM, Jul 02, 2008

Tyrone knows he is in too deep.

He knows that with a new AD he must get 7 or 8 wins.

He knows that he is not capable of such a feat.

That is why he has thrown in the towel and is collecting 1.5 million as a Lame Duck coach.

Didn't go on the coaches tour.

Won't go on KJR, flagship station for Husky Football.

Has quit recruiting because he knows he won't be here next year.

Spends all his time golfing instead of recruiting or game planning.

Wasn't the number one selling point of the man his integrity?

11:29 PM, Jul 02, 2008

Formerly Guest --- Those are good questions that I should have addressed in the first place. My understanding is Murchison is graduating so that won't impact the APR at all. I'm told Hasty is academically eligible at the moment so his departure won't hurt as much as if he were not eligible. There is still a deduction for losing a kid before graduation, though Hasty left open the possibility that he may stay at UW or try to get his degree from there when I talked with him (not sure, but if he went to Central to play for a season or two, his degree might still be from UW). So there could be minimal APR impact.

Posted by Husky19

1:21 AM, Jul 03, 2008

All you TY haters are complaining about no verbals to date.

Would you verbal to UW if you read this blog as even slightly believed the "fan experts" on this blog?

Keep it positive, unconditional support (as long as Ty's the coach, what can you do about it, might as well support 100% and trust Emmert to do his job).

Whether you like Ty or not, IF you love UW football support whoever is in charge. Like I said, you have no choice so let's give all we got as fans!

Jul 2, 08 - 10:27 PM
A few links

Jul 1, 08 - 10:14 PM
Huskies in state all-star game

Jul 1, 08 - 10:06 PM
Shelton Sampson update

Jun 30, 08 - 10:06 PM
And then there were seven

Jun 30, 08 - 05:03 PM