Husky Football Blog

Times reporter Bob Condotta keeps the news coming about the Montlake Dawgs.

E-mail Bob| RSS feeds Subscribe | Blog Home

July 22, 2008 1:09 PM

Camp schedule set

The Huskies have released an initial version of their fall camp schedule to media.

UW will hold its first practice Monday, Aug. 4, at 3:45 p.m. The first two-a-day is Saturday, Aug. 9, after the NCAA-mandated acclimatization period.

UW will take off each Sunday through the three-weeks of camp but will practice at least once every other day until leaving for Eugene on Aug. 29.

On many days, UW will again hold split practices --- half the team going in one session, half in another --- something coach Tyrone Willingham has done throughout his time at Washington, feeling fewer players on the field can result in more and better work for those who are out there.

As noted the other day, Picture Day is Aug. 9 at 1 p.m.

There are no practices slated to be open to the media, a switch from previous years when at least one or two would be open, including the first practice. Media will once again be allowed to view the first 25 minutes of each practice, but no more.

As always, however, this is subject to change. Other than Picture Day, however, I don't see any events on here that would be open to the general public.

Posted by Jack Napier

1:34 PM, Jul 22, 2008

Ty,

Why so serious?

Posted by uwjimtc

1:44 PM, Jul 22, 2008

I like the no open practices. We have the potential to really catch some of our early competition by supprise with our young talent and how we utilize them. Our youth can use any advantage we can get. If it helps pull off a early victory and can get our confidence up it certainly couldn't hurt.

Posted by huskiesjv

2:00 PM, Jul 22, 2008

No open practices? Are we really going to be that bad this year that we can't be watched? Maybe they should close the games too!

Posted by lonedawg2

2:03 PM, Jul 22, 2008

Bob,
you meant Monday, August 4? Instead of Sunday?

2:11 PM, Jul 22, 2008

Whoops, you are correct, it is Monday and not Sunday. Change has been made.

Posted by Mr. Yuck

2:38 PM, Jul 22, 2008

You ever been to a practice? Not really that exciting. If you need to go watch someone work, go shadow your daddy at work.

Posted by dave

2:46 PM, Jul 22, 2008

WILL LOCKER STILL BE WASTING TIME PLAYING BASEBALL? MISSING 7 on 7S HURT THE TEAM

Posted by me

2:55 PM, Jul 22, 2008

dave - you are an idiot

Posted by BoiseTruth

4:09 PM, Jul 22, 2008

Onewood, I left you a post back on the BYU thread. Hope you get a chance to catch up to it.

Posted by Burien Rob

5:22 PM, Jul 22, 2008

I thought Picture Day started at 1:30pm?

Posted by mutt

8:50 PM, Jul 22, 2008

I got to tell my comrades, this turkey coach, after turkey coach, mediocre players is starting to get to me....I'm getting old and i just see the same old bullsu!* come down the road, maybe a little bit better, maybe not, maybe time to turn off the idiot box and get a life? I hear roller derby is making a come back? I swear to god if I hear Obama, or awesome one more time I'm going to drink a beer!!

11:22 PM, Jul 22, 2008

As I wrote, this is a tentative schedule and things can change. I am told that the part about no practices being open could change, that is not set in stone, so we'll see.

Burien is right that there are two times listed for Picture Day. What we got today says 1, the web site says 1:30. Maybe just be there at 1:15 to be safe --- I'm assuming they will clarify that as we get closer to it.

Sunday links

Scrimmage? Maybe. Definitely no Locker

Saturday notes

Huskies get one vote in AP poll, other notes

Husky nightcap, Friday edition