Husky Football Blog

Times reporter Bob Condotta keeps the news coming about the Montlake Dawgs.

E-mail Bob| RSS feeds Subscribe | Blog Home

June 9, 2008 1:27 PM

Pac-10 announces TV schedule

A busy day at the Pac-10 offices, as along with the news on Tom Hansen (see below) is the release today of the conference's schedule of football games that have been pre-selected for TV.

Here's the full list from the Pac-10 website as well as a release from GoHuskies.com detailing UW's games.

Including games announced earlier, UW is guaranteed to have seven of its 12 games on TV this season.

The UW games selected are:

Aug. 30 --- at Oregon, 7 p.m., FSN
Sept. 6 --- BYU, Noon, FSN
Sept. 13 --- Oklahoma, 4:45 p.m., ESPN
Oct. 18 --- Oregon State, 4 p.m., Versus
Oct. 25 --- Notre Dame, 5 p.m., ABC, ESPN or ESPN2
Nov. 22 --- at Washington State, Noon, FSN
Dec. 6 --- at Cal, either Noon on FSN or 5 p.m. on ESPN or ESPN2 (announced six or 12 days prior).

A note of caution, however, that this does NOT mean these are all the UW games that will be on TV this year.

As the Pac-10 release details, other games are now available to be selected either six or 12 days ahead of time as per the conference's TV deals. UW also has its own deal with FSN-Northwest where games not selected in any of the other contracts can be picked up as long as it does not conflict with other conference arrangements.

As you can see, there are lots of spots available for games like the Nov. 1 contest at USC and the Nov. 15 home game against UCLA, each of which seems certain to be selected in a six- or 12-day window.

UW had all 13 games televised last season, the most in school history, and I would suspect that just about every game will end up televised again this season.

UPDATE --- Someone asked what Versus is, so here's a link to their site. Hockey fans know well what Versus is since that's the station the Stanley Cup is on. A number of Pac-10 games were on Versus last season, but no UW games. The Oregon State game will be the first on that network for the Huskies.

Posted by Cord

2:08 PM, Jun 09, 2008

What is Versus? Is that an english channel?

Posted by 2003 dawg

2:19 PM, Jun 09, 2008

Couldn't help but notice the possibility of 5 night games.

That's incredible news, horrible news for my liver.

Posted by naterob4

2:24 PM, Jun 09, 2008

Bob...According to your sched..you have the Apple Cup at home, this is impossible, ill never forget that loser Alex Brink going out a winner..You probably jsut forgot the AT part..ooooo and playing in Autzen at night, after all those a**holes in Eugene have all day to get twisted, that games going to be brutal for us fans...At least I can leave Seattle Sat morning and only have to stay in Eugene for one night.

Posted by Reality Check

2:38 PM, Jun 09, 2008

1) Thank heavens Hansen if finally retiring! If I was invited to his retirment bash, I'd bring a sack full of rotten tomatoes with his name on it! I pray we get someone with at least some grey matter, leadership, and forward thinking for the next pac10 head. That would be a huge improvement!

2) Nice to see lots of games on TV. Good exposure. I just hope like heck we represent ourselves well. Winning and looking good in big games on TV = good. Getting slaughtered in big games on TV = not good.

3) Am I the only one who figures the first 3 games of the season could go a long ways towards determining if '08 is going to be a good or bad campaign?

Posted by caldawg

2:39 PM, Jun 09, 2008

Versus, the announcers stink. The camera work looks like something I took with my kodak 8mm back in 1966. It will challenge your eyes and ears. Thank God I will be in my seat at the stadium.

Posted by DAWGONE in AZ

2:59 PM, Jun 09, 2008

Anyone know?....

Do the games above with FSN as the host station mean they are (1) a nationally featured FSN game, (2) a west coast featured FSN game (so it would be on all west coast regional FSN channels, included my local FSNAZ), or (3) just a regional FSN game, only on FSNNW?

The reason I ask is that Cox doesn't offer the extended FSN network package, so you can't get all FSN regional channels...so I'm wondering if I should switch to Cox, since I will no longer get FSNNW, that is offered on DISH.

Anyone?...

Thanks.

3:05 PM, Jun 09, 2008

The FSN games on this list are national or regional, meaning not just on FSN-NW.

Posted by fudazz

3:47 PM, Jun 09, 2008

You're right reality check. If they go 0-3 to start, you can put a fork in them.

Posted by Reality Check

4:01 PM, Jun 09, 2008

fudazz --

That's kind of my concern, too. Given the losing state of the program right now, it's hard to imagine the guys bouncing back from an 0-3 start. Plus, Ty's teams at UW have been notorious for getting relatively worse as the season has progressed, which puts even more pressure on a good start to the year.

Posted by Ducks 45 Dawgs 13

6:18 PM, Jun 09, 2008

The Dawgs are going to be peeing down their legs when they roll in an amped up Autzen Stadium for the season opener. A sure Husky loss just became a guaranteed Husky blowout.

Posted by Jordan

6:29 PM, Jun 09, 2008

Only a moron would use the word guarantee when talking about college football. If history has taught us anything it is that you never know who is going to win a game on any given day. Oh but wait you're a duck so that makes sense.

Posted by Ryan

9:29 PM, Jun 09, 2008

"What is Versus? Is that an english channel?"

Versus is the new Outdoor Life Network (OLN)
Yes, it is english. It is basically your normal hunting, fishing, and anything outdoor channel. It is channel 34 on regualy cable if you are located in the Seattle Area

Posted by mutt

10:23 PM, Jun 09, 2008

I hope this up and coming season is a good one for the team and fans, personally I'm tired of these dog years! I'm getting excited for the new season, just dreading the thought of another year out of my life for the crap we've been handed..

Posted by steve cook

12:41 AM, Jun 10, 2008

Oh man,

playing in AUTZEN is never fun. Now the game is at seven!!!
Willingham claims victory in autzen + season opener + rivaly + 7 p.m game= trouble

Man that is a tough break, but Duck fans have all day to pre-funk now. Sure hope we practice silent snaps.

Its going to be very loud in AUTZEN, very very loud.s

Posted by Samurai I Am Awry

7:55 AM, Jun 10, 2008

I wonder how much Locker-mania will factor in to more games getting picked up. Just realized I have an out of town trip planned over the ND game weekend. $#%!....thank god its going to be nationally televised.

Posted by Mark

10:31 AM, Jun 10, 2008

Anyone know whether the FSN games are broadcast in HD?

Posted by DAWGONE in AZ

12:12 PM, Jun 10, 2008

Bob:

Thanks for the clarification on the FSN programming.

FYI, Just wanted to commend you on your continued coverage. This is by far one of the best college sports blogs out there.

-DAWGONE-

Jun 10, 08 - 10:58 AM
Another possible AD candidate

Jun 10, 08 - 09:56 AM
Tuesday link-o-rama

Jun 9, 08 - 08:46 PM
Alumni update

Jun 9, 08 - 03:06 PM
A few words from Tom Hansen

Jun 9, 08 - 01:27 PM
Pac-10 announces TV schedule

Donate food for LeMay discount; tips to prep car for winternew
LeMay visitors can donate food to get a museum discount Throughout November, LeMay — America's Car Museum will offer a discount to those who don...