Husky Football Blog

Times reporter Bob Condotta keeps the news coming about the Montlake Dawgs.

E-mail Bob| RSS feeds Subscribe | Blog Home

May 23, 2008 8:50 AM

Rayford signs with BC Lions

Former Husky defensive end Caesar Rayford signed a free agent contract with the BC Lions of the Canadian Football League having impressed the team during a tryout in Portland earlier this month.

That makes Rayford one of five ex-Huskies currently on CFL rosters.

Others are defensive lineman Brandon Ala, with BC; linebacker Joe Lobendahn with Winnipeg; defensive end Kai Ellis with Montreal; and quarterback Cody Pickett with Toronto.

Ellis is making a career out of the CFL as he is entering his sixth season there.

Pickett played in three countries in three leagues last year, also playing for the Rhein Fire of NFL Europe and the Oakland Raiders before signing with Toronto. Among his teammates in Toronto is former OSU linebacker Richard Seigler, who along with having recently been acquitted of prostitution charges, also once famously called Pickett "rodeo man'' before a UW-OSU game in 2002. The two have been teammates with the 49ers, as well.

The CFL season begins June 12.

Posted by pattapit

9:58 AM, May 23, 2008

two first fo sho! that would be me...

sorry dave posted in wrong forum...

well dave speaking good times I hope we have some this year. My brother will be a freshman. I get the joy of showing him tailgating, beer bonging, BBQing, jello shots, etc. This is probably the most excited I've been since I was a freshman and we went to Pasadina. I just hope we have something to root for. Besides the worries I now have for Center after this spring ball, the more I look, the more I am optomistic and excited. I have a good feeling, and the last one of those I had was the blocked PAT you spoke of when we got a little riled up. Before that was a road trip to San Diego to lose in the final seconds to TX... I really hope my brother and I get to take a road trip this year.

Posted by chucky

10:44 AM, May 23, 2008

Pretty cool that we'll be hosting LSU in 2009. That will be Locker's JR year... everything should be clicking by then.

Nice game on the schedule.

Posted by Gabe

10:46 AM, May 23, 2008

Good for Caesar! A very good guy. I've always wondered why hedidn't get more playing time since Daniel Teo N was the only one who was doing much on the D line the last few years. We could have used a little more Caesar in the never ending quest for dominance over Troy (even though that mixes epochs).

On the subject of obsecene coachng salaries: What would happen if some big time university like UW decided just NOT to play the salary game and hired a good solid no-name coach at a bargain basement price? There must be tons of them out there; after these guys aren't exactly physicists. That would be an interesting experiment. It couldn't have produced worse results here over the last few years, though recruitment may have suffered a bit. Of course, we can hardly rely on our current president to try this experiment. He makes more money on his part time jobs (where in the world does he get the time?) than most of us make in four years of hard work. The Board of Regents seems to be asleep at the switch---no doubt snoozing in the Tyee section. Be that as it may, Troy Must Be Destroyed.

Posted by Drew

2:58 PM, May 23, 2008

Seigler is a pimp...literally.

May 23, 08 - 12:38 PM