Husky Football Blog

Times reporter Bob Condotta keeps the news coming about the Montlake Dawgs.

E-mail Bob| RSS feeds Subscribe | Blog Home

April 29, 2008 1:57 PM

Season ticket update

A couple of you have asked how ticket sales are going, so here's an update from UW officials.

The Huskies are currently sitting at 42,460 season tickets sold. Last year, UW sold a total of 43,516, so the Huskies are at 98 percent of that number.

As for tickets sold at this point of the year, UW is about 1,000 season tickets ahead of that pace.

The percentage is greater in terms of Tyee, or donor, seats. Last year, UW sold 17,167 Tyee seats. This year, UW has already sold 16,984 of those seats, or 99 percent of last season. (All numbers updated since this was first written).

Four-game mini-plans go on sale tomorrow (Wednesday). Last year, the school sold ,5345 mini-plans, which are good for tickets to four games of the buyer's choice at $212 for reserved seating and $112 for East End Bleachers.

The Huskies averaged 68,855 fans per game last season, up substantially from the 57,483 of the 2006 season, which was the lowest since the expansion of Husky Stadium in 1987. UW ranked third in the Pac-10 in attendance last season behind USC (87,486) and UCLA (76,379).

Posted by 2Tite4U FoSho

4:35 PM, Apr 29, 2008

Posted by pleasanton

6:44 PM, Apr 29, 2008

Is UCLA still busing in youth groups to inflate their numbers?

Posted by MelloDawg

7:43 PM, Apr 29, 2008

pleasanton,

I hated when UCLA did that. I remember being at a couple games down there and being shouted at by a bunch of 12-year olds for about 3 hours.

Posted by LoveDawg

9:23 PM, Apr 29, 2008

I find it quite humorous that only a few months ago so many of the people that wanted Ty gone were predicting that no one would go to the games. Somehow there was supposed to be this massive groundswell of Husky fans making an exodus.

At the time I figured they were just a very vocal minority of fans and it would seem that I have been proven correct in this matter. You take the 20 or so crazies at that dawgman site and I would bet that most fans are quite optimistic for this season and are willing to give Ty a chance.

I am sure I am not in the minority when I think that he should be given all five years of his contract to get the job done. Glad to see that so many fans continue to support out beloved team.

Posted by wooderson92

8:54 AM, Apr 30, 2008

Yo Love,
It was Director Turner that most wanted gone (remember www.firetoddturner.com) and we also wanted proof that UW was serious about football. What transpired in December showed many of us that Emmert was serious enough that we still bought tickets. Had Tuner not been forced out and had TW not fired Baer to save his job, the ticket numbers would look VERY different.

Posted by all is fine

10:18 AM, Apr 30, 2008

Ah yes. The new breed of Husky fan. Win 2 conference games, take last place again, talk about how great next year will be and how Ty is getting it done.

Posted by Guest

11:38 AM, Apr 30, 2008

I see this team poised to make a large jump next year. As a kid many years ago, I went to an occasional game with my dad. This year I will be ordering my own ticket package for the first time.

Perhaps there are 42.459 other first-time buyers out there with whom I will be sitting next fall.

Posted by mosesdawg

5:58 PM, Apr 30, 2008

TW's 11 - 25 record at UW is not selling tickets. Two words: Jake Locker.

May 13, 08 - 10:25 PM