Husky Football Blog

Times reporter Bob Condotta keeps the news coming about the Montlake Dawgs.

E-mail Bob| RSS feeds Subscribe | Blog Home

January 21, 2008 9:09 PM

Iweka still committed to UW

Anybody who also reads the basketball blog knows I had a chance to talk today with Rainier Beach athletic director Dan Jurdy.

In the course of our conversation I also asked Jurdy what he knew about the status of Emeka Iweka, the former Rainier Beach lineman who signed last year to play at Washington before being declared academically ineligible.

Jurdy said he had spoken with Iweka over the holidays and that Iweka is "still committed to coming back to the University of Washington. He said he wants to show his home town people that he is going to do what he said he'd do.''

Iweka is currently enrolled at Arizona Western College in Yuma, Ariz., Jurdy said. He redshirted this season while recovering from an Achilles injury he suffered playing basketball at Rainier Beach last January.

Jurdy said Iweka plans to play next season but hopes to finish his JC degree in two years so he will then have three years of Division-I eligibility remaining.

Iweka has been in contact with UW coaches and they are aware of his plans, Jurdy said.

As far as his academics, Jurdy said he has talked with Arizona Western coaches and they told him that Iweka "has passed every class so far.''

Posted by 2 Tone

9:58 PM, Jan 21, 2008

Let's hope Iweka is one of the rare JC success stories. It would be great getting him in 2009 with three years to play three.

Posted by Gant

10:47 PM, Jan 21, 2008

If you read his myspace blog he talks about how he is having a hard time quiting weed and drinking. I wouldn't count on him ever coming here.

Posted by Paul

11:06 PM, Jan 21, 2008

Dude that sounds like a college student to me. I think he will be fine.

Posted by Bill W

12:05 AM, Jan 22, 2008

Sounds like he will fit right in with the current crop of Husky losers and morons.

Posted by Satchmo

12:28 AM, Jan 22, 2008

I am worried about Ty Willingham's future with UW. I have no doubt he will eventually turn us into an above-average pac 10 team but I am afraid he won't survive long enough to get to that point. To keep his job he is going to have to improve on last year in which we won 4 games, or at least not do worse. In looking at our schedule for next year, I don't see any way we beat any of our three non-conference opponents, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, and BYU. We should have scheduled at least two winnable games. So we are going to have to win at least 4 pac-10 games next year and I don't think that is even possible. I hate to say it but I think Stanford is the only game we will win. Maybe we can steal one at Pullman but I am afraid they will play harder for their new coach than we will play for a coach with one foot out the door. Every other team is getting better and we appear to only have gotten worse with all the guys who graduated. We have good freshmen coming in but they won't be ready to play. I just hope Locker sticks around and doesn't get frustrated with this lack of progress. Go Dawgs!

Posted by Once-Proud Dawg

12:53 AM, Jan 22, 2008

I agree Satch. It saddens me to see how far we have fallen. Our once proud fan base is now forced to perpetually look to a future that never seems to arrive in an attempt to not focus on our depressing present state of affairs. All of our recruiting classes are based more on acquiring as many "stars" as we can so that we appear to on the right track when in actuallity most of these players are over-rated or are academic morons who will never pay legitimate dividends on the field; and many will be an embarassment in the community and in the classroom. Or we recruit players who do not fit our system (Jake Locker) just because they are highly touted by scouting services. Even after 3 horrible seasons in a row, almost all the chat on blogs is geared towards 2009 and 2010 because anyone can easily ascertain that 2008 is over before it even begins. We schedule like we can still piss with the big boys but we are only making ourselves look foolish to the rest of the country. And worst of all, we are now reduced to begging state government for funds to rebuild our delapidated stadium. Where have all the good times gone?

Posted by Still-Proud Dawg

12:58 AM, Jan 22, 2008

Hang in there until 2010. Jake will be a senior and we have a good shot at making a bowl game that year. Things that are worthwhile take time. Show some patience.

Posted by Grant

1:09 AM, Jan 22, 2008

What happened to 2009? While we all can agree that this year is going to be a rebuilding project without much hope for improvement, I think 2009 will be a different story. Many of the good recruits we have had last year and this year will be ready to contribute and our QB will have a couple of years in the system. I think the powers that be must already be committed to Ty for at least the next two years otherwise they would have fired him in the off-season. Why bring him back for one more year when it is clear that year will not be successful? Obviously because they know 2009 is the year we turn it around.

Posted by Once-Proud Dawg

1:16 AM, Jan 22, 2008

I HAVE BEEN PATIENT ever since Don James was railroaded. The only time things appeared to be headed back in the right direction was when Neuheisel was here and we found out that was just a bunch of bs. It should not take this long for us to get back where we belong. They ask too much of our fans to keep dangling this carrot of optimism in front of our noses and every time we reach for it they extend it out another year or two. My patience is at an end.

Posted by MelloDawg

1:22 AM, Jan 22, 2008

Grant,

Oh Grant...Grant, Grant, Grant, so many things wrong with your post. Let's examine:

Question: What happened to 2009?

Statement: Many of the good recruits we have had last year and this year will be ready to contribute and our QB will have a couple of years in the system

Response: Welcome to Typologist Excuse List 2008! They include, but are not limited to:

A) His recruits need time in the system
B) Our schedule was JUST as hard
C) Locker will be a Junior

Umm, you really think that if his guys haven't proven anything by his FOURTH year, that Willingham is doing a great job? Doubtful.

Question: Why bring him back for one more year when it's clear they will not be successful?

Statement: Because 2009 will be the year we turn it around.

Husky Football: We'l get 'em next year.

We could have been much better, much sooner with a number of different coaches.

-----------------

For the rest of those who posted who are concerned with Husky football, you've always been welcome on the anti-Willingham side. Best of luck and continue to post. Don't be dissuaded by the Typologists, just keep giving numbers and facts and you'll be set.

Posted by asd

2:03 AM, Jan 22, 2008

Darn you Bob, I clicked on the link and didn't realize that clicking on an archive gave the top story for the day of the link. The top heading was "Sonics owner wants to reopen talks for KeyArena". I was completely astounded and happy till I realized that it also was listing Bonds 752 and 753 home runs in the "new" links.

I've seen Emeka's myspace as well. It sounds like this kid has a few demons to release before he will be a complete player. Time will tell. He also will let anyone know through his bulletin on myspace how much he is trying...he seems to be a two steps forward, one step back kind of kid.

He also has Haloti Ngata (Oregon) like potential if he can ever get his head on straight. If it happens, it happens...but he has been saying in his bulletins (myspace) that he wondering if he can get into the UW. You got to love his honesty though. From reading Nate Robinson's myspace page, all you get from it is that he is kind of irked that Neuheisel made him play defense.

Here is Iweka's myspace to those that care. I don't have any problem posting a kids myspace if they are over 18. You have to love his user-name, "BiggButt".

Posted by onewoodwacker

4:47 AM, Jan 22, 2008

After reading most of these posts, it sounds as though the only fans believing in these kids is the kids themselves. Look at anyone of these players in the eyes and tell them what you write about, they'd probably kick your ass - you'd deserve it.

All you morons need to become Duck Fans, you'd fit right in. What a bunch of sorry-assed posts!! If the kids didn't like or respect their Coach, they'd quit on him. Tell me ONE time you've seen them quit on him. It has NEVER happened and they are not gonna stop trying now.

Posted by Husky Fan in New York

6:07 AM, Jan 22, 2008

Yeah, whiners who are whining and bitching before spring practice and the season starts. Call the Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaambulance, we have an emergency here.

It's one thing to complain about 2007 that's already in the books but 2008 has yet to be played.

People here in NYC were whining about the Giants before the season (heck during too) with no Barber and Manning being a bust of a QB and now they are playing for the Super Bowl.

Posted by jh

8:05 AM, Jan 22, 2008

...NY's comparing willingham's boys to a Super Bowl participant...my, my...I wasn't aware that the empire state grew the good stuff...no less smoked iit...

Posted by OlyDawg

8:07 AM, Jan 22, 2008

Thanks for following up on Iweka, Bob. I had been wondering about him for a few months now.

I'd love to see this guy make it. He seems like an honest guy who wears his emotions on the outside, much like Juan Garcia. I won't bother reading his myspace page though because I'm not a close friend or anything, so there's no use getting into his private life.

And HFNY, I love the 'waaaahmbulance' comment. I think MelloDawg may need a ride on that, STAT!

Posted by jh's conscience

10:02 AM, Jan 22, 2008

NY, forgive my entity for mocking you. I tried to let him know that he should take his medication, but he just ignored me. Worry not; his episode will pass.

Posted by onewoodwacker

11:00 AM, Jan 22, 2008

A couple things of interest - Realdawg reports that yesterday, Coach Willingham was in Oakland, CA at the home of OL Allen Carroll. This is a guy that Coach Ty obviously wants. Wanna bet he's visiting LB Donovan Carter as well?

I was also surprised to discover that Martin Bayless was a "Stand-out" player in SoCal until he moved to Texas for his senior year.

He apparently has offeres to Florida, Ohio St., Cal and Northwestern, but two of the three schools he choose to visit - North Carolina and Washington still havn't offered him. Interesting use of time.

Posted by onewoodwacker

11:10 AM, Jan 22, 2008

In a story on Dawgman.com they state that Martin Bayless is also a "member of the NCAA Clearinghouse and is already a full qualifier". Rivals and Scout 3 star recruit, wonder why we havn't offered him?

Posted by Dave

11:16 AM, Jan 22, 2008

one wood, here's the perfect example of why the info on these sites is not always 100% reliable.

Here is a kid who claims to have scholarship offers from Florida and Ohio State, yet his visits are to UNC, UW and Northwestern. Hmmm.

Posted by onewoodwacker

11:28 AM, Jan 22, 2008

Good point Dave. I do try to read some of the associated stories with these kids. Alot of times they're published by local newspapers who hopefully do a little better job checking into what they're printing - but who knows? onewood

Posted by fusion06

11:36 AM, Jan 22, 2008

There is an easy way to check that Dave. If you look on Florida's recruiting website he is listed as having an offer. And he is also listed as having an offer from the UW on our recruiting website as well.

Posted by MelloDawg

11:41 AM, Jan 22, 2008

Oly,

Yes, everyone else is already making excuses for why we'll be bad next year and I need a ride on the Whambulance. Still have yet to see coherent, reasonable responses to any of these criticisms I've brought against Willingham.

Don't worry, I'm with you guys in regards to Eweka. I haven't quit on the guy and I hope he comes to UW, Lord knows we're going to need offensive linemen once the current group of guys is gone.

Posted by Dave

11:47 AM, Jan 22, 2008

Fusion, a lot of the time those sites get their info from the kids, who may have misinterpreted a "letter of interest" from a school as a "scholarship offer." Plus my understanding is that all the scout.com sites are linked to one database so checking up on one of them with another will just get you the same info.

I do believe that Bayless has a UW offer, and UW's offer was just not listed on scout.com until recently. But I somewhat question why, if a kid from out of state really had offers from Ohio State (dominates Big Ten, last two national championship games, will be preseason top 5) and Florida (recent national champ, returns a host of talent incl. Heisman winner, will be preseason top 5, tons of babes), he would be fooling around with cellar dwelling teams in the Pac, the ACC and especially the Big Ten. Wouldn't he just jump on the chance to play for a national contender? The one exception would be if he had some personal connection to UW, UNC or NW -- but then why would he mess around with the other two? All that said, I hope we get him.

Posted by Disgruntled Dawg

11:53 AM, Jan 22, 2008

Just wait until Jake Heaps is a SR. in 2014. Tyrone should have us in the Emerald Bowl by then. It is going to be a huge payoff for ten years of bad TyBall.
Emerald Bowl or bust in 2014.

Posted by MelloDawg

11:57 AM, Jan 22, 2008

***BREAKING NEWS***

Mike Holmgren to be back in 2008. Jim Mora is still with the Hawks.

Tyrone Willingham's seat just got hotter.

Posted by onewoodwacker

12:03 PM, Jan 22, 2008

Mello-

Is this another example of your great sense of humor or is Holmgren really coming back for next season? I hope you're serious. onewood

Posted by Guest

12:08 PM, Jan 22, 2008

Once-disgruntled dawg...

Should we not have recruited Locker and changed the offense to maximize his current talents?

Posted by Jason

12:15 PM, Jan 22, 2008

Well Mello, I'll take a shot.

Question: What happened to 2009?
Your Answer: Why has TW earned one already? What if he finishes with 5 wins this year? Does he still get one? Please don't tell me it's because he has a 5-yr contract. That was a contract given to him by Todd Turner who is no longer employed at UW. Coaches have been fired after 4 years for not doing an adequate job, Willingham has done far from that.

My response: Of course Willingham isn't safe. Neither is any coach in college football.

A) His recruits need time in the system
B) Our schedule was JUST as hard
C) Locker will be a Junior

My repsonse: First, I hate your made-up word, Typologist. Don't use it, it's annoying. Secondly, I think you're in denial that we are rebuilding right now. Patience is a virtue. I'd rather be where we are right now then where Arizona State is. We could have gotten a win now coach like Erickson, but I'm happy in the direction of the team (more on this later).

Your Answer: To satisfy people such as yourself, some boosters, and the NAACP. Wait, wait!! DING DING DING!! Conspiracy alert!! Stop paying attention to me!! Emmert will have all the firepower he needs to dump Ty after next year.

My repsonse: That NAACP crap was a rumor. Conspiracy alert?!? Please. Don't me so melodramatic. The administration likes Ty. He has another year to prove it.

Statement: Because 2009 will be the year we turn it around.

Your Response: Gosh, only took the guy 5 years! Really? Is that what Husky football is now?

My response: Husky Football is not about taking the easy road to get cheap wins at the expense of jeopardizing the values and morals of our student athletes. The way Willingham is building these individuals off the field began to show itself on the field last year. I look at Juan Garcia, in particular, who said that there is a different attitude in Montlake. The team played tough in some tough games last year. I was proud of the strides we've taken in the Ohio State, BSU, USC, and Cal games last year. Sure, you'll argue that it's not his job to build character. That his only duty is putting W's in the record books. But, I want a change of attitude at UW since the Slick Rick era. I look at the Blazers as an example. They had some success, then a lot of legal issues, wiped the slate clean, then suffered a few rough years, and now they're back on top. The RIGHT way. McMillan and Ty are not that far apart.

Husky Football: We'l get 'em next year.

Your response: We could have been much better, much sooner with a number of different coaches.

My response: Maybe. We'll never know. Support Husky Football and maybe we will get 'em next year.

Posted by Disgruntled Dawg

12:15 PM, Jan 22, 2008

Of course we should recruit the best players and try to maximize their talent Guest.
My comments has to do with the length of time it is taking for Tyrone to move this program forward. Has he actually moved it forward?
Other coaches have taken over down programs and gotten positive results much sooner than Tyrone.

Posted by ereuyr

12:15 PM, Jan 22, 2008

Realdawg says Mackay's visit to the outhouse solidified him on UW.

Posted by onewoodwacker

12:22 PM, Jan 22, 2008

Mora Fans -

Thought I'd let you read the latest info concerning your man:

If you didn't see it on the Seattle Times' Web site, here's what Seattle assisant head coach Jim Mora had to say in a statement released by the Seahawks earlier today, removing himself from consideration for the Washington Redskins head coaching job:

"I want to thank the Redskins organization and owner Daniel Snyder for the opportunity to interview for the head coaching position. The process reconfirmed that the quality of life for my family in Seattle is my first priority. This past year has been a great experience both professionally and personally for myself, my wife Shannon, and our kids. We are very happy members of this community and the Seattle Seahawks organization.

The obvious here is, does Mora's decision mean he has been told he will become the Seahawks' next head coach if Mike Holmgren decides to retire when he returns from vacation in Arizona next week? It's worth some speculation.

The Seahawks don't typically send out such statements from an assistant coach. It makes one wonder if a move is to be made.

Mora, it would appear, is at some point going to be the Seahawks' head coach, be it next week, next month, after next season, or in a couple of years. Otherwise he probably wouldn't stay in town if an NFL head coaching job was offered to him. Stay tuned...

Posted by Guest

12:32 PM, Jan 22, 2008

Disgruntled Dog,

Thanks for clarifying.

I have to admit, I find the following statement provocative and silly:

"All of our recruiting classes are based more on acquiring as many "stars" as we can so that we appear to on the right track when in actuallity most of these players are over-rated or are academic morons who will never pay legitimate dividends on the field; and many will be an embarassment in the community and in the classroom. Or we recruit players who do not fit our system (Jake Locker) just because they are highly touted by scouting services."

I agree with the part below, about how frustratingly long it is taking us to get back up to being a top tier team in the conference:

"Even after 3 horrible seasons in a row, almost all the chat on blogs is geared towards 2009 and 2010 because anyone can easily ascertain that 2008 is over before it even begins. We schedule like we can still piss with the big boys but we are only making ourselves look foolish to the rest of the country. And worst of all, we are now reduced to begging state government for funds to rebuild our delapidated stadium. Where have all the good times gone?"

That having been said, I certainly didn't expect us to be back at the top as of yet. All the good times have gone to hell - and we have been sent there by the prior leadership that allowed our program to dismantle itself.

Snapping our fingers, hoping, our typing rants isn't going to make it better. Patience and competent leadership will.

I think most of us will have a better perspective on the competence of our program's leadership after next year.

I think TW has moved the program forward, but it has yet to show up in the win column. I don't think very many people would have had much more success than he has so far. I think a more polished and engaging public personality would have been better equipped to postpone the wrath of our fan base.

I do see some things I don't like that weaken my support of his case. But I see enough things that make me think I want to see how this next year turns out before pulling the plug.

I am a lot more excited about next season than I was prior to any season since the fall of 2001.

Many of TW's detractors on this board may think I am on drugs, but so be it.

Posted by MelloDawg

12:47 PM, Jan 22, 2008

onewood,

Well, numerous outlets report that Holmgren is coming back. Please feel free to tune into KJR at 2PM for the live news conference.

-------------------

Jason,

Some fair responses. I do admit we're in a rebuilding mode, but it really shouldn't take this long. If there weren't other coaches who've rebuilt their programs faster than Ty has (Ron Zook), I wouldn't be clamoring for people to understand he's not the right guy.

As for "taking the quick, sleazy road," could you point to some reasons why hiring a different coach after FOUR years would be considered sleazy? If it IS sleazy, then there are plenty of programs in America on whom you better call the Morality Police. Willingham does NOT deserve a 5th year if he can't win 8 games this year. He has his guys in place, his system, and his coaches. There are no excuses. 2008 will be judged strictly on performance, not intangibles such as "he's a great guy and does things the right way."

The Mora pieces are falling into place.

Posted by onewoodwacker

12:50 PM, Jan 22, 2008

Mello-

Thanks for the info, will be tuned into KJR at 2:00pm!!

Posted by Guest45

12:57 PM, Jan 22, 2008

From Coach Baird. Former Husky and program supporter. For all the Negadawgs.
From ABG
Coach Baird,
: Thanks for supporting the Huskies in tough times. I lived in Seattle for 20 years and continue to follow the Huskies avidly, even though my work has taken me to Orlando of all places. I am dismayed that there are self-styled Husky fans who despise Coach Willingham so much that they root for the Huskies to lose in hopes that will hasten his firing. I read their posts on the Internet and can't believe my eyes. What will these "fans" with such twisted thinking do when the team has success this year? Haven't they crossed a line?

A: I admit the negativity gets to me too but I just try to keep myself positive in everything I do. I expect the Huskies to go to a bowl this coming year which makes them a winning team and then go to the Rose Bowl the year after that and win it with Jake. By then Tyrone will be firmly entrenched and will have a nice contract. I think his being named the president of the coaches association speaks for itself. This man is well appreciated and respected in the ranks of his own profession. I talked with Sam Jankovich, the retired AD from Miami, this year and all he asked me was, "They're not stupid enough to get rid of him, are they?" Coach Willingham is one of the most respected men in the profession of coaching. If it works out like I want it to, then he will be the Husky football coach for 15 more years and retire as one of the greatest coaches in the history of the school and the conference. Remember everyone was after Don's job during the first three years at Washington. The guy is a good person and is well respected by the kids on the team

Posted by Jason

12:58 PM, Jan 22, 2008

Agreed on 2008. 8 wins and Ty comes back. The scary thing is if Ty wins 7 games, loses a close bowl game to a strong opponent (like an unranked Florida State), and gets to finish out his contract. As much as I like the attitude change at UW, next year is a 'no excuses' season. I may be contradicting myself a bit from my previous post, but if we finish with 6 wins or fewer next year I will be an unhappy camper.

Posted by Olyfan

12:59 PM, Jan 22, 2008

Thanks for the update on Iweka Bob.

To clarify, Iweka was slated to play DL not OL. Now, he may end up an OL for all I know but he was coming in as a DL.

Also, Arizona Western is stacked. Two of their other interesting prospects are Myles Wade & Tim Johnson. Wade is from Portland, OR & was a major recruit at DT. Johnson was a 6-2 205 RB from Nevada who ran a sub 4.4 forty. These guys are set to get their AA's at the same time as Iweka & if they aren't taking PE classes may become Husky targets as well.

Posted by Guest

1:00 PM, Jan 22, 2008

Mello,

Hiring a new coach after next yr would only be sleazy if it were a sleazy individual.

TW and Turner seem to have desleazed us.

If we don't have 8 wins next yr, maybe a plausible excuse will be: a lot of other teams were still better than us, but we're looking better each year. Most TW supporters and detractors on this board agree that 2008 looks tenuous, but the 2009 and 2010 seasons look more promising. It's hard to predict the future, and we're still one Ferndale alum's torn ACL from disaster. But if we win 6 games next year, the team loses some more heartbreakers, the good recruiting continues...the folks in charge may decide the program will get better faster by keeping TW in charge to reap the rewards of his hard work in 2009 rather than handing it to Michael Vick's former boss. (You're guy Mora, not us TW supporters' favorite argument in Beamer).

Posted by localmoco

1:01 PM, Jan 22, 2008

Dave,
Ask Chris Polk why a kid with offers from top-ranked teams would go to a lesser program. The obvious answer is that they want to get playing time right away. Some of those teams have blue chip recruits who ride the pine for several years or transfer and lose a year.

Posted by MelloDawg

1:39 PM, Jan 22, 2008

Guest45,

Dick Baird will never say anything in opposition to anything coaches say. Using him as evidence is hollow at best.

-------------

Guest,

You're right Locker carries this team. If he does tear an ACL or what have you, that will be trumpeted by Typologists for years to come. In any case, I don't think there are any conditions next year for the performance. If we win 5 games and lose the rest by a combined total of 10 points, Ty is out. If we win 5 games and lose the rest by a combined total of 400, Ty is out.

It's strictly wins and losses in 2008.

Posted by Dave

1:51 PM, Jan 22, 2008

That is a fair point localmoco. Still, there's a reason rivals.com called Polk's switch the recruiting bombshell of the year on the west coast. It is because it was such a surprising decision. All the credit in the world to Ty for pulling that one off. We were lucky to be the beneficiaries of it, and I hope the same thing holds true with Bayless.

Posted by Guest45

2:15 PM, Jan 22, 2008

Hummmm, Who knows more about football a former football coach or a disgruntled fan who's argument for firing the coach is always te same repost over and over. No offense I think I trust dick Baird more than I trust you. If for no other reason he is not hiding behind a blog. We know who he is and he speaks his mind. You on the other hand criticize everyone affiliated w/ husky football while hiding behind your computer. For all I know you might be a knowledgable guy but I know Dick Baird credentials, so I trust he can make educated decisions on coaching issues.

Posted by fusion06

2:21 PM, Jan 22, 2008

Realdawg.com is reporting that cattoll committed to the huskies

Posted by fusion06

2:22 PM, Jan 22, 2008

cattoll=Carroll.......sorry

Posted by localmoco

2:27 PM, Jan 22, 2008

From what I've read on this blog, MelloDawg's views are obviously slanted, but I've got to side with him on this one point. Dick Baird has openly and repeatedly admitted that he will never criticize the coaches. Hugh Millen has had many arguments with him on the radio about that. So relying on Baird's endorsement of a coach is iffy at best.

Posted by BoiseTruth

2:28 PM, Jan 22, 2008

That's great news about Carroll. Just keep in mind that it's being reported by a "source", not Carroll himself. Hope it's true though.

Posted by MelloDawg

2:30 PM, Jan 22, 2008

You're right, I do have relatively one-sided views, but we're all on the same side in regards to Husky football. As I've said, I want us to win, the pro-Willingham people want us to win, we just have different methods in mind and different timetables.

Nothing against you guys or the most ardent Willingham supporters, I just hope, at this point, the big time supporters can find SOME reason in regards to seeing him canned after next year if the wins aren't there.

As for Dick Baird, I like the guy, I like that he predicts us to win every game. He's a knowledgeable football guy. That said, I've followed his comments for years now and while he knows a million times more about football than I ever will, he's always pro-coaches.

Posted by fusion06

2:32 PM, Jan 22, 2008

Point taken Boise, but in all the conversations i've seen and stories i've read I kind of got the idea that he was leaning towards the huskies.

Now all thats left is for him to officially announce. But I am inclined to believe it.

Posted by Guest

2:37 PM, Jan 22, 2008

Assuming this Carroll guy does announce in a few days, anybody know how many scholarships that leaves us left with handing out?

When is LOI day again?

Thanks.

Posted by Jake Locker

2:49 PM, Jan 22, 2008

YEEESSSSSS! Pete Carroll is a Dawg. We're gonna wiiiiiiiin!

May 13, 08 - 10:25 PM