Husky Football Blog

Times reporter Bob Condotta keeps the news coming about the Montlake Dawgs.

E-mail Bob| RSS feeds Subscribe | Blog Home

October 11, 2007 11:18 PM

Pac-10 picks

I'm 31-10 now for the season after the weekend that was (or wasn't, if you are a college football fan in Los Angeles).

Now for this week's selections:

ARIZONA AT USC: Okay, so my pegging of Arizona as "surging'' last week turned out to be disatrously wrong. The Wildcats had played five straight good quarters, which I figured meant something. Instead, it was the same ol, same ol as Arizona backed up a good game with a horrid one. Suddenly, USC needs a win just as desperately. The Wildcats have actually played USC pretty tough the last few years. But I'm thinking the Trojans are going to rebound, and Mark Sanchez will inspire a QB controversy. USC 38, Arizona 17.

WASHINGTON STATE AT OREGON: Ducks are 12-1 coming off byes under Mike Bellotti (probably felt to you guys like half of those have come against UW) while the Cougars are going to have to rally hard after losing what felt like a make-or-break game last week. Ducks should cruise. Oregon 47, WSU 21.

TCU AT STANFORD: The Cardinal is the darling of the nation, and prime for a letdown after last week --- not to mention, it's not like Stanford suddenly got THAT good. These two teams have never met. And in a bizarre stat, Stanford has won its last three games the week after playing USC (last year, that came against UW). But the visitors will get it done. TCU 27, Stanford 20.

OREGON STATE AT CAL: Beavers have won the last two in Berkeley (Cal has crushed OSU in the last two in Corvallis). Figure the home team will finally get one in this series as the Bears will feast on a few more Sean Canfield interceptions en route to a pretty easy win. Cal 37, OSU 21.

Posted by Nebdawg

7:30 AM, Oct 12, 2007

I agree with all Bob's picks, but I think the point spreads are wrong. I see USC in a blowout, they are about ready to pick themselves off the matt and get after someone. I wouldn't want to be AZ. 54-24
I think WSU will hang with the Yucks. 31-24 Yuck
TCU will blow Stanford out. 37-13
I like the Cal score.

Posted by SouthDawg

7:58 AM, Oct 12, 2007

I like U.W.'s chances against ASU except for Kent Baer (-7), Tim Lappano (-7), and Tyrone Willingham (-4). Add that up and you get ASU 31, UW 13.

Posted by VanWa SunDodger

8:02 AM, Oct 12, 2007

Bob,

Your picks look right on. Things should go as planned this week - except - UW 28, ASU 20. I think this is the week the Dawgs get some bite.

Posted by JamesD

8:04 AM, Oct 12, 2007

30-10 is nothing _NOTHING_ picking straight up. Honestly, I don't know why anyone would brag on a record like that unless they were begging for an ego boost. Even if you were picking those games correctly, you couldn't wager on them in nevada that way because the 'money line' bets are few and far between in college games.

Not impressed at all, jerk.

Posted by Richard Lomas

8:06 AM, Oct 12, 2007

Just to be clear....
Kent Baer, Tim Lappano and Tyrone Willingham are NOT the ones who have been dropping passes, overthrowing wide open receivers, allowing returns for TDs or fumbling punt returns...
...Take a few key mistakes out, and we may very well be 4-1 or even 5-0

Posted by Chris

8:11 AM, Oct 12, 2007

aaaaaah, James. chill out. Bob's not bragging, just giving his record this year. Go Dawgs!!

Posted by Boise Truth

8:45 AM, Oct 12, 2007

Here are the picks from Dawgman on the ASU game.
--------- http://washington.scout.com/2/689841.html

Posted by VanWa SunDodger

8:55 AM, Oct 12, 2007

What on earth is 'JamesD''s glitch? It's impressive to be that hostile at 8AM.

Posted by bellingham husky

9:14 AM, Oct 12, 2007

I feel inspired to say that James is an idiot. he put up his post 31-10 and said nothing more. For all we know he could be saying he's not doing well. I don't care about the spread and las vegas. relax and go dawgs

Posted by pdxdawg

9:24 AM, Oct 12, 2007

Wow, let me jump on the bandwagon here and say that JamesD has a few problems he should probably deal with. C'mon Bob, why do you have to be such a "jerk" and state your record? Joking of course. Good work as usual (but for the record, I would have said "great work" if you would've picked WSU to upset the Fowls)

Posted by kdawg

11:02 AM, Oct 12, 2007

Bob - agree on your picks this week. Since I am in AZ and watch the Sun Devils regularly, I believe the Dawgs must come into Sun Devil Stadium with passion to win. I was at the Colorado game and the Buffs came out and got the early lead, but when ASU caught up with them, you could see it in the Buffs body language that they were going to just roll over and die. ASU has not played a hard core four quarters team except WSU. We're coming off of a bye and restored health, ASU is coming off of a very physical game they believe they won (Yes, the refs took away the touchdown), plus some stupid interview comments that should motivate the Dawgs. I've given play analysis in other blogs, but in the intangiable category, this game goes to the Huskies in a big way! 24-17.

Posted by purplereign

11:55 AM, Oct 12, 2007

this game will be the defining moment for this season and possibly the long term future of the current coaching staff. az state is about as winnable a game for a top 20 opponent as there is. the devils should have lost to oregon st and wazzu. the time has long since past when moral victories are acceptable, win on saturday and the progress for rebuilding our program will clear to see.lose, and dawg fans will be howling for immediate change.

Posted by TrumanHugh

8:08 PM, Oct 12, 2007

JamesD is what happens after a five-day meth bender...that is WAY too much aggression for 8:04 in the morning...there has to be some sort of chemical explanation behind such an outburst.

May 13, 08 - 10:25 PM