Politics & Government

Postman on Politics

Chief political reporter David Postman explores state, regional and national politics.

E-mail| About the blog | From the archive| RSS feeds Subscribe | Blog Home

July 21, 2008 3:41 PM

DCCC schedules ads in WA 08

Posted by David Postman

The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee is now including the 8th Congressional District in $54 million of planned television advertising time. The national committee has reserved $949,000 worth of air time to boost Democrat Darcy Burner's campaign against two-term incument Dave Reichert, R-Auburn, as reported on the Washington Post's political blog.

When the purchase was first released last week, it didn't include the 8th, but today's release included more districts with Republican incumbents, including Reichert.

Posted by John

4:06 PM, Jul 21, 2008

If they plan on giving her a boost they will need more than $949,000 to do it.

Posted by evergreen_representative

8:42 PM, Jul 21, 2008

Not surprisingly, the Corporate Mainstream News Media continues their long practice of manipulating the election process by continuing to leave out and not mention qualified candidates for office. The CMNM knows only how to follow the money, from the same corporate titans that control the CMNM. There are other candidates in the 8th Congressional District besides Burner and Reichert.

John Orlinski is the best congressional candidate in the 8th District.

Posted by Turbine

9:04 PM, Jul 21, 2008

How much is Postman getting for his support of Burner? Let's see some Tax Returns! TVW the State Run Media doesn't pay much, but if you would do it for free anyway, why not show the public the pricetag of integrity ? I hear TV adds 10 pounds to your appearance, will it add anything to Darcys weak resume? We will see.

Posted by upchuck

9:38 PM, Jul 21, 2008

yeah right turbine, if postman was getting paid off by burner's camapign he would report it as income on his tax return = )

Posted by Turbine

8:45 AM, Jul 22, 2008

Burners Campaign buys ads in Dave's paper right upchuck? Now let's look at Postmans TVW revenue, he is an employee of the State run media when he appears as a paid host on their program. Why not disclose all revenue sources for Postman and his immediate family to see the influences that may be driving his agenda? Wouldn't you want to know if a major corporation or industry was funding writers, "reporters" and their work? Why shouldn't the public know how much Postman is being paid to maintain the status quo?

Posted by JimD

2:26 PM, Jul 22, 2008

(Postman)..."is an employee of the State run media when he appears as a paid host on their program..."
Are you really that ill-informed?
That program is part of Belo's (KING's) public service duty as mandated by the FCC.
I don't know what arrangement David may have with KING, but the state certainly doesn't pay for that program.

Posted by Turbine

4:39 PM, Jul 22, 2008

JIM D

Are you really that uninformed ? TVW is owned by KING since when?

Posted by Turbine

6:46 AM, Jul 23, 2008

I know you have read this and understand how wrong you are JimD. You have unending energy to comment about anything on this blog except when you were as incorrect as you were in your last entry.

Posted by JimD

9:02 AM, Jul 23, 2008

Turbine,
My apologies.
In a too hasty moment, I carelessly assumed and responded to what I thought was your continuing critique of David's performance on KING's "Up Front" - the public service show I was referring to.
My travels have not given me the opportunity to watch David Postman on TVW, and I am not familiar with his performance or the details of work there.
Again, my bad and I regret the mistake.

Posted by Turbine

9:35 AM, Jul 23, 2008

Not a problem. However, any objective review of Postmans thread on the Rossi King 5 interview will find that I have never commented on that particular "Upfront" King 5 interview, so I have no idea what you are referring to with regard to my "continuing critique of Davids performance on KING 5's UPFRONT". You wouldn't be assuming facts not in evidence would you?

Posted by JimD

9:58 AM, Jul 23, 2008

Oh, Probably.
In a format that allows single contributors to post under multiple names, I'm never sure who's who.
Indeed - "Turbine" didn't post on that thread and I am not qualified to definitively substantiate similarities in posting style to your authorship.
But you've established "Turbine" as a relentless and long-time critic of David's objectivity, and given your use of the phrase, "that PARTICULAR Up Front interview," I'll take my chances that the archives contain comment from "Turbine" sufficient to make me technically correct.

Posted by Turbine

10:50 AM, Jul 23, 2008

Well making assumptions like that explains alot about you JimD.

Posted by JimD

9:31 AM, Jul 24, 2008

I'm being quite frank with you, Turbine.
If you did the same, you'd be in no position to claim a higher standard of making assumptions.
But again - my apologies for my mix-up on which program you were referring to.

Jul 23, 08 - 07:36 AM
Step away from the blog and no one gets hurt

Jul 22, 08 - 03:08 PM
Gregoire & Eyman, "getting real results in tough times"

Jul 22, 08 - 09:59 AM
Teachers back Reichert

Jul 21, 08 - 03:41 PM
DCCC schedules ads in WA 08

Jul 21, 08 - 02:48 PM
On the radio

Mechanic double-checks his air-bag worknew
Dear Tom and Ray: Last week, for one of my best customers, I replaced a very difficult steering rack. The ALLDATA instructions called for air-bag and ...