advertising
Link to jump to start of content The Seattle Times Company Jobs Autos Homes Rentals NWsource Classifieds seattletimes.com
The Seattle Times Reader comments
Traffic | Weather | Your account Movies | Restaurants | Today's events

January 25, 2007

Pizza

Comments: 31

Which pizza places are you sweet on? What kind of pie would we find on your plate?

2 sweet-as-pie pizzerias, and 1 unfortunate pizza pan

Your comments

Responses will be held for review, and we'll publish a selection.

The opinions expressed in reader comments are those of the author only, and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of other authors or seattletimes.com itself.

Your phone number and e-mail address will be used only if we have a question about your comment. It is not stored for any other purpose. See our privacy statement.

By submitting content for publication by The Seattle Times Company, online or in print, you agree to abide by our terms of service.

Selected comments

I annually beg Nancy to try my favorite pizza place, Pazzo's on Eastlake. It' a hearty wood fired pizza that reminds me of the authentic Italian immigrant mom & pop pizza I grew up eating in Lacey back in the 70's. The mozzarella is white and it clings to the pie without all the topping falling off in your lap. I only wish I lived above it so I could eat it everyday.

Posted by Larry Davenport at 08:27 AM, Jan 26, 2007

Old School Pizza in olympia rocks!

Posted by Drewster at 08:28 AM, Jan 26, 2007

Talaricos in the West Seattle Junction. Yummy, thin crust with exotic toppings and the best damn Ceasar salad ever...whole romaine leaves that you can eat in the traditional style...with you hands!

Posted by Ann Corbitt at 09:05 AM, Jan 26, 2007

Mia Roma in Kenmore has amazing, deep dish pizza. Their dough is incredible...with a crisp bite and a soft interior, it can't be beat. Their sauce is just right. Toppings are fresh and delicious, particularly the sausage. We love the Roma Special, with pepperoni, sausage, Canadian bacon, mushrooms and olives. Just the right amount of cheese, too. Killer pies and friendly service!

Posted by Brooke Kingston at 09:45 AM, Jan 26, 2007

1 - Tutta Bella
2 - Via Tribunali
3 - Serious Pie

Posted by Kevin Osborne at 10:26 AM, Jan 26, 2007

Cafe Lago's pizza is the most heavenly pizza anywhere. Of course, everything on the menu is delicious at Cafe Lago in the Montlake neighborhood, but we just had their pizza last night so it is on my mind. You can watch the folks tossing the dough into an almost transparent thin shape in front of the big wood fire ovens. Once lightly sauced and topped, they slide the pizzas in and bake to a crispy hot delicious-ness. There are just five or six different pizzas offered on the menu, but usually there is one pizza special per night. Last night we had a very hot-from-the-oven Romana Pizza with a light marinara sauce, sweet onions, sausage and smoked mozzarella. Yum. It is large enough for two to split...especially if you accompany it with a salad or antipasto platter. Here's a link to the pizza menu, (they have the most artistic website I have ever seen): www.cafelago.com/Menu-5.html

Just writing about it makes me want to go back again tonight...I especially love that first, hot bite of pizza. Now, if someone in this town would just make toasted ravioli, I'd be really happy!

Posted by Molly Bloom at 03:21 PM, Jan 26, 2007

I agree with Larry Davenport. Pazzo's on Eastlake is my favorite too!

Posted by Martha at 04:04 PM, Jan 26, 2007

Mioposto in Mt. Baker. Its fairly new, but man, the thin crust is Excellent

Posted by Gigi G. at 04:13 PM, Jan 26, 2007

Zagi's Pizzeria at the corner of 24th NW and 80th, Crown Hill/Ballard. Fresh ingredients, the crust is just the right thickness, the pies are huge (21"..hard to get the box in the backseat...) and NY authentic. Bravo!

Posted by Thomas DeMaria at 04:40 PM, Jan 26, 2007

WONDERFUL Smoky flavored pizza @ Boston Bistro in Kirkland!

Posted by Robin at 04:42 PM, Jan 26, 2007

Bella Pizza in Bothell is the best on the Eastside. www.bellapizzapasta.com

The crust is nice and soft and it is always hot when its delivered to the office.

Posted by Mike at 04:48 PM, Jan 26, 2007

I'm a Chicago Boy; born and raised. Seattle has great pizza. But, it hasn't yet reached the higher level of the hoodoo that Chi-town do(oes), so well.

Posted by Bruce Bieber at 05:19 PM, Jan 26, 2007

All-Purpose Pizza (29th & Jackson). It's the crust. Try the Feta-Cini (a man's pizza).

Posted by John at 06:17 PM, Jan 26, 2007

I'm also from Chicago, and I think Seattle's Delfino's rivals Chicago's Giordano's. They make an excellent deep dish spinach pizza.

Posted by Sarah at 06:29 PM, Jan 26, 2007

Lombardo's in Lynnwood/Mukilteo is the tops. Excellent East Coast style crust. Handmade sauce and ample ingredients.
Worth the trip. On the way to Whidbey Island Ferry.

Posted by John at 06:50 PM, Jan 26, 2007

The Flying pie in Renton is incredible. (Combo 1) 2 piece max and your stuffed, Great taste mmmm good

Posted by pizza man at 07:00 PM, Jan 26, 2007

Frankies Pizza and Pasta is a family owned/operated pizza place in Redmond. My husband, Ed and I have been going to Frankies for over 10 years...for the delicious mouth-watering pizza, caesar salad with homemade dressing (that we often bring home a jar of!) and a wonderful bottle from Frankies selection of Italian wines. Upon returning from our honeymoon in Italy, we high-tailed it to Frankies for our Slice-Of-Heaven pizza... not even real Italian pizza topped Frankies!

Posted by Susie Peterson at 07:22 PM, Jan 26, 2007

Veraci wood fired pizza is the best!!! Thin crust with, true to the pie flavor and texture, its baked in a travelling oven (1,000 degrees from apple wood, it bakes in 4 minutes). Sundays at the Fremont Sunday Market. Their web site... www.veracipizza.com

Posted by Yojnedoug at 08:53 PM, Jan 26, 2007

Astoria Pizza in Lynnwood is an outstanding restaurant with a great atmosphere and awesome pizza. Alex and his crew make this place special, check it out!!!!!

Posted by Mike Kendrick at 11:03 PM, Jan 26, 2007

1)Fillaberto's- Has no peer, if you haven't been there you have no right to judge others.
2)Tutta Bella-close but maybe a cigar.
3)Miaposto-Almost but not quite.

Posted by Yellow Hammer at 12:25 AM, Jan 27, 2007

Piecora's NY Style pizza on Cap Hill! I'm from NY and this is probably the best crust I've had in Seattle. Plus it's all prepared RIGHT and they even have sweet italian peppers.

Posted by Link_Boi at 06:50 AM, Jan 31, 2007

Tutta Bella in Columbia City (alas, not Wallingford!) My fave is the Pizza Bianca (but tell 'em light on the garlic), otherwise try the Pizza Bambino -- As close as you'll ever get to Naples without leaving Seattle!

Posted by James Knodell at 07:46 AM, Jan 31, 2007

The Rock Pizza is the best. The original location is in Tacoma. They've since expanded across the Puget Sound region. The Crazy Train is the best pizza I have ever had in my entire life - it's to die for!

Posted by Melissa Rohlfs at 09:00 AM, Jan 31, 2007

Pegasus Pizza in Kirkland has a great Artichoke Special - artichoke hearts, garlic, mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes & pesto. They really load on the toppings. It was my first purchase at Pegasus . . . I'll go back.

Posted by Roberta Krause at 11:30 AM, Feb 02, 2007

Tutta bella.

Posted by Tracey at 03:44 PM, Feb 12, 2007

Mario's Pizza on 3rd and Marion in Downtown Seattle is one of my favorites. The crust is excellent! Mario's Special is a must-try.

Posted by Herbie Wilson at 04:59 PM, Feb 13, 2007

After moving away from Seattle, the only thing I missed was Romio's Pizza. The House Special pizza is the reason I'm moving back.

Posted by Craig C. at 01:36 PM, Mar 11, 2007

Portofino Pizza & Patsa in Edmonds has the best homemade pizza dough I've ever tasted and the chicken marsala is to die for.

Posted by Adrian Preciado at 10:58 AM, Apr 02, 2007

All Purpose Pizza rocks!

Family friendly, warm ambiance and great service makes the "To Die For" sour dough crust and all the great toppings even better.

Posted by Colette McLennan at 11:40 AM, Apr 05, 2007

Athens in Auburn is the best.

Posted by Jill Hawk at 01:54 PM, Apr 05, 2007

I love Amante Pizza and Pasta in Issaquah (525 NW Locust Street, Issaquah). The menu is decidedly Italian - and more than that, it's really, really good! Do not miss the pastas with the marinara sauce stuffed with real tomatoes and pecorino-romano cheese - they are to die for. Each time I've been here or ordered for a delivery the food has been out of this world. I really enjoy the cozy and warm atmosphere and decor. In the sunny day I am usually enjoying the front garden on a glass a white wine and the unbelievable tasty Fettuccini Carbonara. When is rainy I am ordering there famous pizza Roma. Amante Pizza is a restaurant for every season and for every taste, always making my day perfect.

Posted by Peter Fish at 12:11 AM, Apr 18, 2007